Dreams and wishes....

Options

Comments

• savingwannabe
    Options
    I don't know. It will teach her a lesson? :o;)

I am sure you have spent more than 50p on her at Christmas so she will forgive you.:j:money::T:A:)
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Well, I've put £8 into my sealed tin from DD alone this week :) She gave me a lovely purse for Christmas then gave me the traditional 'silver' to go in it, but went overboard with 5 shiny £1 coins! I rented a film for her which she insisted on paying for, with £3 today :)

Reverbe'd 20p the other day and whilst attempting to start the declutter of my room, which is a mammoth task, I found 5p and some Euros.

I started out well with the getting rid of carp but have come to a grinding halt after a couple of hours and the room looks worse than it ever did!! Sigh.....

Anyway, I had a lovely Christmas with thoughtful and happily received presents and DD has now met KW's family, who all thought she was lovely :)

KW has taken on a second, twice the size of the first one, allotment, so I'm going to ask for a dehydrator for my birthday as I anticipate a lot of onions, carrots and tomatoes coming our way! Bless him, he's going to grow flowers in one half of the allotment for me to enjoy :) He likes a challenge, as this lotty is full of carp and will need quite a bit of work, but he said he was getting bored of the other one as it only needs a few beds digging out now!! Love him!!
  • savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    Options
    Hello well done on trying to clear the room. I'm glad Christmas with KWs family went so well. Also I don't know how but I missed the news on you getting a joint mortgage. OMG. Good luck and really well done.
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Options
    Stick with the room sorting kittikins, it gets worse before it gets better. I did a massive declutter before we got the puppy and there was stuff everywhere for a while before it eventually got cleared. Things seem to be coming together for you and KW and DD, its going to be an exciting 2018 !
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • Kittikins
    Options
    Going out for the day with KW and DD - plan is to be frugal and hopefully see the big field (new allotment :)

I have 0p in my purse, and feel quite happy about that! Going to ask KW if he'll make us a picnic lunch, rather than eat out.

DD wants to spend her book vouchers in Waterstones, which is fab for us all, as we can have a nice chilled out read :) I'm hoping to get a few bits in the sales, but really just a few as with trying to declutter, I don't want to make it all worthless!

I "need" to get a couple of next year's Christmas presents, namely a set of quiz-type questions for the house and Christmas socks! I won't pay full price for them in December, when I can get them dirt-cheap now.

KW needs to take something back to a shop, which will make him £30 richer, woop woop! He'd bought himself something and then his lovely sister got him a duplicate.

We're going to use our swimming memberships to go and have a lovely splash about in our favourite pool, and then drop DD back at mine and then we'll head back to his for the night. We've got some fab stuff to watch on TV and also need to get our heads together to sort out the documents he needs to join me in the mortgage application. I want to hit the ground running with that on 2nd January :)

I will have £87 credit on my credit card as a refund for some clothes I sent back is winging its way through the ether, so that will take care of buying petrol and shopping I may get today :) I've just found my John Lewis free coffee and cake voucher, so if we do need a nibble, I'll use that (and get DD a glass of water - she can have the cake!)

Going to aim to keep my purse empty and just use cards. I have parking vouchers for town, so don't need to use a pricy car park and need to use them as they expire on 31st!

KW has a ton of food and some booze in, so hopefully we won't feel the need to splurge either tonight or on NYE (when I'll be back, so long as DD feels she can live without me for the night....sometimes, it's a delicate balancing act)
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    It sounds like it is going to be a good money saving day. You are making the most of the holiday which is great.

Well done you have fun.:j
  • Kittikins
    Options
    Well, I managed the no spending cold, hard cash really well and am also under budget on the credit card credits!

KW and I were very sensible in the sales - we bought two tiny Christmas gifts for his nieces and a card game for DD's birthday in March :) I bought my dad a tiny Christmas present (a German shepherd bauble for the tree :):) ) and apart from a drink and cake in JLewis caf!, I didn't spend on frivolities at all, just stuff we need now but will be useful in our new house, whether it's the one we're trying to buy or one we're going to rent.

He did, however, get us a scrumptious Chinese takeaway for dinner, as when we left Ikea, we were both tired and hungry and it was getting late....that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!

Back home today, and I'm going to take DD to the cinema this afternoon, checking whether a gift card has any credit on it, but paying for the rest from the credit card credit. We're taking our own snacks and drinks, naturally :)
  • savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    Options
    Well done you. It sounds like you had a great day again. You are making the most of the holiday. :beer:
  • Kittikins
    Options
    Oh I certainly am :) I haven't caught up with lots of people this holiday, but am really relaxing, spending lots of lovely time with DD and KW and trying not to think about next week too much!

DD and I went to see The Greatest Showman this afternoon, it was fab!
    We went via B&M where I bought a few pressies for KW's niece, whose birthday it is in January, and the Works, where I bought loads of amazing books, 13 I think, for the grand total of £4.90! They had a £1 and under section, which I enjoyed raiding.

Then, as if that wasn't good enough, we got back to the car, where parking turned out to be free as the shopping/cinema area obviously wanted to get more punters in!
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Options
    Well done on the bargains and free parking !
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure