New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Starting over 2017

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Debt Free Diaries
579 replies 39.7K views

Replies

• DorastarDorastar Forumite
    2.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thought we were doing ok, then hubby comes home and has spent £32 on online gaming stuff we don't need - aaargh. I am sat here reading cookery books from library to try to cut down on spending whilst he is just spending on nothing. Am so flipping cross now.
    Mr T £3383 Mortgage £153,928 going down slowly
    Emergency Fund £1000
    Brightfuturefund (BFF) £4768
    Books I don't need to buy but do need to read 1/20 at least
    Craft UFOs 0/20 at least
    2.1K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Calmed down a little bit and did a 40p survey, so personally I am 15p up today (am ignoring DH's stupid spends)
    Emergency Fund £1000
    Craft UFOs 0/20 at least
    2.1K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pootling on with a few surveys done and minimal spending. Pay day for both of us so it feels like we're flush but we do need to hang on to as much as we can this month to help us into next month if I don't get any supply work.
    Emergency Fund £1000
    Craft UFOs 0/20 at least
    2.1K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Busy few days and a fair bit of spending too. Money put on parentpay for the boy starting school, school shoes bought and bus pass for the term bought too. Felt bad handing over £85.50 for the term but works out a £56 saving on paying in cash and he's been wanted if he loses it he's paying the £15 to replace it!
    Decluttering the house is going well, another PPI claim has gone in and have a list of decorating to do if no supply work turns up. Job interview has also come up on Friday so lots of prep to do for that, which means no time to spend (which can only be good)
    Emergency Fund £1000
    Craft UFOs 0/20 at least
    2.1K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cashed up the loose pot of money we fling stuff into and £54 ready to go into credit union tomorrow morning after the job interview! Made some new spending resolutions to keep me going till the end of the year

1) Menu plan and food shop regularly - and try new recipes from the cookbooks we already have because we're all a bit bored
    2) No spending on clothes for any of us unless absolute essentials - and use up any vouchers first.
    3) Use up the vast amount of odd toiletries we have stashed in the bathroom (mostly from school tombolas)
    4) DO NOT BUY ANY MORE BOOKS
    5) Sell some books - did have an Amazon seller account but not shifted much recently so look elsewhere for where to flog them.
    6) Exercise - seriously need to do this, and make use of free exercise using Youtube, weights (I already have some gathering dust), running, walking and riding bike.

Can't put extra towards the debts atm while I am still job hunting but can make sure we keep as much in our pockets as we can in the meantime.
    Emergency Fund £1000
    Craft UFOs 0/20 at least
  • libster08libster08 Forumite
    16 posts
    Eighth Anniversary
    just finished reading your diary, really enjoyed it, you are doing so well with your moneysaving.

good luck for the interview tomorrow
    SAVE £25000 IN 2018 25600/25000 NO. 118

SAVE £30000 IN 2019 3000/30000 NO. 14
  • GlendaSugarbeanGlendaSugarbean Forumite
    689 posts
    500 Posts First Anniversary Photogenic
    ✭✭
    Good luck for the interview :)
    2.1K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Didn't get it but a close thing with someone more experienced getting it in the end. Never mind, off to see far flung friends tomorrow so can luck my wounds on the way there and sing loudly in the car to get over it.
    Emergency Fund £1000
    Craft UFOs 0/20 at least
    2.1K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Up early, downstairs tidied, washing on and just getting on with it today till I go & see friends. No point dwelling on things, just got to keep everything reigned in and carry on the job hunt. Phoned supply agency yesterday stressing that I am free all week so anything that comes in is good and started a list of things iust do tomorrow, including sorting all that household paperwork.
    Emergency Fund £1000
    Craft UFOs 0/20 at least
    2.1K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Great day yesterday, lots of very loud singing in the car - 2 hours each way so you can imagine how many tunes I got through! Then a lovely day with friends and came home with 3 new books - 2 for the teen's A level course and one for me that I've been after for a while. Also won a kettle in the raffle, odd prize but it will come in handy if ours dies! Minimal spend day too as I took food with me and there was a free drink on arrival, a buffet and I'd taken snacks for the journey home too.
    Have written a few post-it notes on the lap-top of things I want/need to get done today so plan to blast my way through them once I've actually got dressed! Food shop is in there but I did pop into supermarket my way home last night and ended up with quite a lot of reduced meat so that's got to be figured into the week's menu plan first.
    Emergency Fund £1000
    Craft UFOs 0/20 at least