<<<out of cheese error>>>

Options

Comments

• HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Feeling your WFH and heating woes Redo I seem to manage with thermals and all the other measures you mention until it gets dark and then on with the heating...this works for now but when I'm on sabbatical I will be working in other spaces away from home ;)

Me too :(. We have four of us at home all day, which may explain our high electricity bills now I come to think of it :o. But we still haven't cracked, the heating hasn't gone on even in the evening :T.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Onebrokelady
    Onebrokelady Posts: 7,386 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi Redo,I've just spent a few days reading your diary and am loving following your cat escapades,you are also inspiring me to sort out my garden,it's been very neglected over the last year so I need to crack on and tidy it up a bit
    I also have the dreaded Fibro and know what you mean about feeling achey and tired,my house used to be spotless but not anymore,it's hard to keep on top of everything with working as well,you have my sympathies, I also veer from eating quite well to living on junk and have been very run down over the last year,I am making myself eat at least two satsumas a day to ward off scurvy:rotfl: and I do feel better since I've been doing it
    Original Debt Owed Jan 18 = £17,630 Paid To Date = £6,080.1 Owed = £11,549.9
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Catching up with your goings on redo. Good to read the cat stories again. At least poor old fluffy has found a fight opponent as bad as him for a change so he won't get done over too badly!:)

Weird weather here at the moment - yesterday was what felt like hurricane force wind when it wasn't teeming of rain and cold. Today bright sunshine and people walking around coatless! Have just one storage heater on v. Low at the moment ( oh and rad in bathroom).

Well done on the decluttering by the way. :)
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • lonelyrat
    lonelyrat Posts: 567 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Options
    It is freezing! I am so shivery cold all the time. I got some thermals for our last camping trip and I have started to wear them in the house. I treated myself a few months ago to a big fluffy dressing gown from M&S which I've actually now started sleeping in sometimes :o. It's got a zip front and is kind of a turtleneck and it looks very much like a "housecoat". I think OH despises it, but I feel very snug and that's all that matters :rotfl:

Chickpeas sound fab - thanks for the recipe! I will give it a go on my next day off :o

STAR method worked a charm by the way, so thank you very much!
    Total Debt : ?? / ??
  • redofromstart
    Options
    Hello everyone, apologies for not responding. Days are passing in a blur of too much work. I will be so glad when it ends, it's lovely to have the income but I am rather thinly stretched and running out of energy. Some things have to give, and posting has been one of them.

Extra glad of the income given that the range oven isn't very well and as a minimum needs a repair. Luckily the small oven is working still or we would really be struggling.

Roast beef dinner, and super quick buns made for the boys. Ironing done, and most of it put away. Need to find something to read and head off for a bath. Easier said than done, thousands of books and nothing to read.
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,365 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Hope you enjoy your bath and read - my favourite form of relaxation. Throw in a glass of vino and it's perfection xx
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    Yep - hope you enjoyed your bath and found something to read. :)
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • Onebrokelady
    Options
    Yay to the extra income,I hope you find time to relax soon:)
    Original Debt Owed Jan 18 = £17,630 Paid To Date = £6,080.1 Owed = £11,549.9
  • Starmummy
    Options
    I'm always freezing when I WFH too...it's amazing how much warmth other bodies create isn't it.
    debt consolidated 16/8/18 £9,788.01/£12,618.12 :( (Total debt at LBM 1st Jan '18 c..£19.5k)
    EF/FIT savings £97.24 Other Savings £12.17 House Deposit £4,762.64/£20,000 23.8% :D
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    When does your project end Redo? You'll be glad of a relaxing Christmas but the extra income must be so useful.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure