<<<out of cheese error>>>

Options

Comments

• doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,874 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    The web canopy and the cobweb candy floss is both disgusting and wonderful at the same time. I hear writing for children calling you :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    did you know you can go through tcb for matalan and click & collect for free?
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 8lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 42.4% through my pb challenge.
  • redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,226 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    DIA The cobwebs are foul, and it was only a week since I last cleared them. I know he hates them so I do his regularly, must be the weather, I cant motivate myself to get on with the thing I should be writing, I'd be lethal with another distraction.

INOD I hadn't spotted TCB so thanks for that. Cushions are a want, not a need but they are very pretty.

Its cold and the sky is ominously dark. I need to make myself check the poly-tunnel before it rains seeing as some 'orrible cat was honking basil leaves up earlier which suggests a naughty assault on my plants again. Someone else had left a rather splendid hairball under the dining table too, not a morning to be fond of cats.

I've got a pack of stewing beef out to defrost, so some sort of beef casserole I think. There's half a pack of bacon to use up too, but that could be made super crispy and fed to DS2. He only eats it if its so crispy that it snaps.

Right, downstairs is starting to smell cleaner and the walls are brighter but I need to crack on.
  • RosaBernicia
    RosaBernicia Posts: 4,891 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    EH I was going to investigate that website but I think you've just saved me the bother :rotfl:

Cushions very pretty Redo, and might work very well with longer term plans here... I shall stop off in Mataland next time I'm passing :)

Rosa xx
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
  • redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,226 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I have had a good clear of the front hall. Several coats into the charity shop pile, boys are growing again. This house has far too many corridor type halls, where unclaimed possessions congregate and multiply. The joys of a long thin house I suppose.
    Lots of windows too. The kitchen has four, and a windowed door to the back hall. When we moved in all the curtains were ancient blue gingham, mouldy and disintegrating. I replaced the lot with cheap roller blinds but of course over time they have also got tired and dirty, and cream wasn't the best choice. I want to replace the kitchen blinds before D-Day (departure on holidays day) as they are the first thing you see as you come into the house. Sorting the rest of the kitchen has made them look even grottier. I'm not sure about these art deco ones, think I need to go and see if they have them in store to look at. I'm not keen on any of the patterned moisture resist ones but think that it is needed in our soggy kitchen. The kitchen itself has neutral walls, light oak worktops/double belfast sink and classic rustic oak cupboards with only one wall cupboard because of all of the windows. The only colour currently is from a blue/green splash back behind the oven so these would be a real change, I'm generally a bit anti patterns though, I don't want something my mum would like either (so no leaves or flowers) or that is more suited to a childs bathroom. I want elegant, not fun. Need to think more on that one but I might nip and have a look tomorrow,
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    I love old houses despite certain inconveniences because they have character. Older houses tend to be solidly built, have bigger windows, higher ceilings and larger rooms than new houses. I also love dados, picture rails and fireplaces :).

I agree with you about flowers and leaves. I prefer abstract, stripes or plain blinds/curtains. I really like wooden shutters and venetian blinds as they can't go mouldy and always look stylish imo. Although roller blinds look good too. I can't abide frilly, fussy curtains.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    What moth deterrents did you scatter by the way? We recently got some cedar blocks plus cedar discs to put on coat hangers. I've put our wool and cotton jumpers in plastic boxes with lids with a cedar block in each corner. Hopefully that will deter the moths.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,185 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I keep my precious stuff in a camphor wood chest. It smells fabulous too.

Apparently tea bags also repel moths.

Otherwise pheromone traps are your best bet, as this actually gets rid of them.
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    greenbee wrote: »
    I keep my precious stuff in a camphor wood chest. It smells fabulous too.

Apparently tea bags also repel moths.

Otherwise pheromone traps are your best bet, as this actually gets rid of them.

Where do you get pheromone traps from Greenbee?
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,185 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Where do you get pheromone traps from Greenbee?

Amazon of course :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure