We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

<<<out of cheese error>>>

Options

Comments

• redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,293 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    greenbee wrote: »
    One bucket a day, and you might not be so sore.

I know but the plot has to be cleared for the potatoes to go in, and the soft fruit or it'll be too late again. Its not far off now, and once the roots are out I can get the rotavator out.
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,242 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    In that case, one bucket then a break. And enlist some child labour.
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,729 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    greenbee wrote: »
    In that case, one bucket then a break. And enlist some child labour.

Agree on the child labour!
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Well done on the tip trip, I love carting clutter to the tip :j. I'm fed up with having two guinea pig cages in my bedroom (don't ask) so I'm going to nag DH to go to the tip tomorrow.

Sometimes rain can be a blessing and not a curse. A bucket and then a longish rest is probably the way to go. Child labour is great in theory, but if they're anything like my lazy layabouts then they'll only do it at gun point and I don't own a gun :mad:.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • moneyonmymindsam
    Options
    Oooh You sound exceptionally busy and food and garden all sounding good.

Did you get a new microwave in the end - or are you living without for a bit?

Sam x
    Grocery challenge Feb £107/£100-epic fail due to cake and biscuits
    🌟
  • redofromstart
    Options
    Mine only work for payment, and I'd rather the job was done well and I had the cash for plants.

The (soon to be) productive plot is maybe 10ft by 15ft now that I have trimmed the roses back. I've cleared 4ft x 10ft to lumpy soil stage, so that is ready for rotavating. Its fairly heavy/clay that has had a lot of manure added over the last ten years. It started to rain again so I had to stop. Another bucket of roots out though, hurrah.
  • redofromstart
    Options

Did you get a new microwave in the end - or are you living without for a bit?

Sam x

I got one from Am-zn using my SB vouchers in the end. Hated making DS1s porridge in a pan, haven't got time to stand and stir in the morning.
  • redofromstart
    Options
    I was doing the ironing with the iplayer ready to roll. Got ten minutes into 'ordeal by innocence' had to switch it off. So far off on the characters it was painful. Just utterly wrong. Meh!
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,729 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I was doing the ironing with the iplayer ready to roll. Got ten minutes into 'ordeal by innocence' had to switch it off. So far off on the characters it was painful. Just utterly wrong. Meh!

It's one of the few Agatha Christie books that I haven't actually read. I've only seen the other TV version a few years ago when they inserted Miss Marple into the story as the bride to be's friend! It was the Geraldine McEwan Marple and not the wonderful Joan Hickson. And certainly the current version of the bride to be is nothing at all like the other TV version. I'll stick with it as I haven't read the book but must admit that the later adaptations of all her books tend to be 'sexed' up a bit for more modern times.
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • redofromstart
    Options
    I like the book, but it gets very mixed reviews elsewhere. I love the Joan Hickson marples, they are my default ironing dvds. It probably helps that I watched them with my mum all those years ago, long before I read the books.

The beef worked well again, only a couple of bits left to use up now but clearly pot roasting is the answer to the tough beef problem.

More done outside than I expected despite the rain, and the little baby plants survived the night happily under the horticultural fleece in the tunnel.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure