<<<out of cheese error>>>

Options

Comments

• redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,230 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Decided to go and get fuel but couldn't find my purse anywhere, cue much panic. Thought over where I had been yesterday and remembered calling into the co-op on the way back. Dashed to the co-op and some lovely person had handed it in, with the contents intact - there are some very nice people out there.

Nipped over to the edge of the city to the big MrT petrol (10p per litre cheaper), and bought some ok black jogging pants in Mat'lan. Why when they do not fit in my 'love' category? Because I am ruining my lovely (and sadly discontinued) jeans in the garden, so a £6 investment in practicality.

I also frittered another £3.50 on a vegan cookbook, Beautifully Real Food by Sam Murphy. Need to stop the frittering now but one of those where you see multiple things you want to try and the same price as a magazine, (she says trying to self justify non essential spends, and a slippery slope into excess).

The green waste bin stickers finally arrived, as did the gardening book - both took over a fortnight to arrive! They wouldn't collect the bins on Friday without the stickers so that is one stress less, as long as it stops raining long enough to apply them.
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,729 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    So pleased you got your purse back - yes there are lovely people out there as I found out from my own wallet fiasco the other day.

The Joggers are a sensible, worthwhile buy. It's a crime to ruin well loved clothes that you feel good in - like your jeans!:D

Hope the weather improves tomorrow so you can get back in the garden.
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    I wear scruffy trackies to do gardening in as I don't want to ruin my best or even my second best jeans. £6 well spent I would say.

We were lucky with our weather today so hopefully the sunshine willhead your way soon.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • redofromstart
    Options
    Fog and mist and a short but intense headache of suitably thunderous proportions late morning have pretty much stopped play again today. The jogging pants remain unsullied. I went back to bed (which I never do), and the worst of the headache is gone but I still feel sick and dizzy so no plans to do anything constructive other than collect the boys from school.

HHOD, hope the severe weather warning doesn't impact on you?

Was looking at these Red lentil wraps here and really want to try making them but not today. I've managed to get the DW on but today will be ping tea from the freezer.

Went to MrM first thing, and was a little irritated to see that although the signs for the wonky veg are still there, the shelves are now empty, or worse still have been filled with expensive alternatives. The tray of Wonky cauliflowers at 60 odd pence actually contained similarly packaged organic ones at £2 a pop for example.
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Booo to the bad head Redo, hope you're feeling better soon xx
    Mummytogirls x

• doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,874 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Sounds like migraine. I hope you feel better soon.
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • RosaBernicia
    RosaBernicia Posts: 4,891 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Booo to both migraine and disguised veg. Hope you are feeling better.
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Fog and mist and a short but intense headache of suitably thunderous proportions late morning have pretty much stopped play again today. The jogging pants remain unsullied. I went back to bed (which I never do), and the worst of the headache is gone but I still feel sick and dizzy so no plans to do anything constructive other than collect the boys from school.

HHOD, hope the severe weather warning doesn't impact on you?

Was looking at these Red lentil wraps here and really want to try making them but not today. I've managed to get the DW on but today will be ping tea from the freezer.

Went to MrM first thing, and was a little irritated to see that although the signs for the wonky veg are still there, the shelves are now empty, or worse still have been filled with expensive alternatives. The tray of Wonky cauliflowers at 60 odd pence actually contained similarly packaged organic ones at £2 a pop for example.

Your headache does sound like a migraine. Hope you feel better soon.

It's been warm and sunny all day Redo :T. Maybe severe weather will hit us overnight.

Wonky veg is clearly very popular. It makes you wonder who can afford organic :huh:. Do they disguise the expensive veg as cheap veg deliberately do you think? Or is it inept staff?
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
  • redofromstart
    Options
    Thanks DIA and mummytogirls - it is indeed migraine. Luckily I rarely have them these days.

INOD made a great point on DIAs thread about the projection of coping, and the way that can make others feel which really struck a cord with me. On that basis I have to confess that the boys had tinned hot dogs in reduced finger rolls for dinner which they ate at their computers. They were delighted. I did make them have (RTC wonky) strawberries and raspberries for pudding so not entirely without nutritional value.

The house is a tip, the dogs have run mud everywhere and I haven't hoovered for days. I would be mortified if the meter reader came (which is why we have smart meters). My joints hurt and I haven't wet washed my hair for days either and certainly couldn't manage today. My jeans have mud on them and I CBA to get changed. My point is that I am ok with that, and I would hate anyone reading to think I have everything under control and that my shiny clean children sit at a table every night and eat lovely food lovingly presented by their elegant mother, and measure themselves against that projection.

Sometimes its ok to be a bit rubbish at things. Today was one of those days for me ;)
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    It's nice to know other people have 'real' lives and not perfect ones Redo. Hot dog rolls and berries sound like a lovely meal to me :). I hope you feel less unwell tomorrow.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure