Mrs S, family life and debt

Options

Comments

• MrsSave
    MrsSave Posts: 1,817 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The £30 left after ds1's £10 may not be going towards the holiday now, but a new driver's licence for dh. He's only gone and lost his wallet :mad: He can't find it anywhere and I've looked all over here. I just spoke with him on the phone and asked whether he'd checked his van all over and he replied, "no, I'll do it later.". I must admit I lost my temper a little at this point and told him he wouldn't do it later, he would do it now because if he has lost it he needs to cancel all his cards asap. :mad: :mad: :mad:

I'm mostly angry because he's always leaving his things around the place, and I'm always on at him to look after his stuff. It's like having a third child. He often leaves his wallet in the door of the car in full view. :mad:

I've asked him if he's thought about calling in to the local police station where he's working to see if someone has handed it in. Nope, that thought hadn't occurred to him. Thankfully he didn't have any money in his wallet!

Right, breathe!!

We've had a busy morning here. Ds1 and I have made 20 thank you cards and cleared up everything afterwards, I've sorted all the paperwork that I keep in a tray at the top of the stairs and filed it and I've vacuumed upstairs. Ds2 has had his lunch, a bottle and is now back in bed (not quite asleep yet). Next job is making lunch for ds1 and me.
    Starting a new debt free journey
    Starting Debt: £5,250
    Current Debt: £4,995.50
    Amount Paid: £254.50 Percentage Paid: 4.84%
    Emergency Fund: £350
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    You have my sympathies, I have an DH who is exactly the same. I think he would even loose his head if it wasn't attached to his shoulders.
    I've lost count how many wallets, bank cards including mine, cheques, tools, children's favourite teddies when the children were tiny and he was told not to leave the house under any circumstance with certain soft toys because they wouldn't sleep without them, this resulted in a 50 mile round trip on one occasion luckily a lady In a shop had handed it in, I could go on and on and yes everytime I scream, shout etc but he never changes.
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • MrsSave
    Options
    You have my sympathies, I have an DH who is exactly the same. I think he would even loose his head if it wasn't attached to his shoulders.
    I've lost count how many wallets, bank cards including mine, cheques, tools, children's favourite teddies when the children were tiny and he was told not to leave the house under any circumstance with certain soft toys because they wouldn't sleep without them, this resulted in a 50 mile round trip on one occasion luckily a lady In a shop had handed it in, I could go on and on and yes everytime I scream, shout etc but he never changes.

At least I'm not the only one! I've sat down, eaten lunch with ds1 and I'm now feeling a little calmer! Dh is just checking one more place and if it's not there he's cancelling the cards.
  • MrsSave
    Options
    Little update.......
    Dh has found his wallet! :j

It was only in his car :mad: :mad: :mad:
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Yay. Great news and the £30 is safe. ����������
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Woo hoo :j and I bet he was so proud of himself :rotfl:.
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • MrsSave
    Options
    Woo hoo :j and I bet he was so proud of himself :rotfl:.

He was actually pretty sheepish! The conversation started with him saying "I love you!" :rotfl:
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    MrsSave wrote: »
    He was actually pretty sheepish! The conversation started with him saying "I love you!" :rotfl:

:rotfl: I love those conversation. Sweetheart I love you......
  • MrsSave
    Options
    A quick survey update:

P: [STRIKE]£1 £1.70 £5.90[/STRIKE] £10.10
    S: [STRIKE]104 149[/STRIKE] 294
    O:[STRIKE] 25p £3.60 £4.05[/STRIKE] £4.55

I've had a few fab surveys with P over the last 2 days. I'm waiting to reach £20 for a payout without fees. The way things are going, it shouldn't take too long. I may even manage it before we go away for an added £20 to our holiday fund.
  • MrsSave
    Options
    I managed even more surveys yesterday, so P is up to £11.65. Fingers crossed I'll reach this £20 soon!!

Every now and again I pop in to a local company to give them a hand with their accounts. I've managed to set myself up as self employed to do it. I'm Going there this morning, so mil has the boys for the day. They actually went last night (with Dh) so I've been home alone since 6pm. I was still awake nice and early this morning! I've told this company about my new job, and have told them that I won't be able to come in during office hours anymore, but could pop in one or two evenings a month, or a weekend every now and again. They were going to think about what would work and will be letting me know today. I've told them that I completely understand if that won't work for them, so I may no longer be working there from today.

It's a nice few extra pounds in the purse doing it, and I have 3 hours owed to me for a few weeks ago already, so hopefully I can get a few more hours done today even if im no longer there.

Other than a bit of housework, I've got no plans at all this afternoon. I'll do a bit of housework, and if it's raining I may go for a run (raining means there will be no one around where I want to run :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts