PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The NEW waiting to exchange thread...

Options

Comments

• Mmermaid
    Mmermaid Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all,

So i gave instruction to our solicitor to exchange this morning! :T I'm now just waiting for confirmation of when it's actually happened. How long usually do people wait in-between instruction and the actual exchange? It needs to be today because we are supposed to be completing tomorrow!!! :eek:
  • SG27
    SG27 Posts: 2,773 Forumite
    Options
    Mmermaid wrote: »
    Hi all,

So i gave instruction to our solicitor to exchange this morning! :T I'm now just waiting for confirmation of when it's actually happened. How long usually do people wait in-between instruction and the actual exchange? It needs to be today because we are supposed to be completing tomorrow!!! :eek:

We waited about 30 minutes but I've heard some on here waited all day when there is a chain involved.
  • lena_halo
    lena_halo Posts: 164 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Quietly tearing my hair out over here. No word from the solicitors. Spoke to the EA and she has been in contact with them and they said they now have everything and will send us an invoice shortly for payment of the balance of the deposit. I asked if that's likely to happen soon and she said she has told them we have to go to the top of the pile as we were supposed to exchange last Friday and it's now Wednesday.

Still haven't received anything from them. EA said to call her back if I haven't received the invoice by 12.

Slowly losing the will to live over here!
  • Sienna1990
    Sienna1990 Posts: 42 Forumite
    Options
    Mmermaid wrote: »
    Hi all,

We got told in the morning and then waited and waited right until the end of the day. It was a nerve-racking day!

We complete this Friday
  • Sienna1990
    Sienna1990 Posts: 42 Forumite
    Options
    lena_halo wrote: »
    Quietly tearing my hair out over here. No word from the solicitors. Spoke to the EA and she has been in contact with them and they said they now have everything and will send us an invoice shortly for payment of the balance of the deposit. I asked if that's likely to happen soon and she said she has told them we have to go to the top of the pile as we were supposed to exchange last Friday and it's now Wednesday.

Still haven't received anything from them. EA said to call her back if I haven't received the invoice by 12.

Slowly losing the will to live over here!

How annoying :(

Fingers crossed for you and hopefully you will be completing Friday
  • jennhg88
    jennhg88 Posts: 253 Forumite
    Options
    Got to wait 5 working days for the management company to come back with answers to the enquiries our buyer's solicitor sent over a week ago. They took this long to tell us we needed to pay £192 for the privilege too. Joys!
  • lena_halo
    Options
    Sienna1990 wrote: »
    How annoying :(

Fingers crossed for you and hopefully you will be completing Friday

Thank you. We will still be completing Friday but I wanted everything tied up as soon as possible!
  • lena_halo
    Options
    jennhg88 wrote: »
    Got to wait 5 working days for the management company to come back with answers to the enquiries our buyer's solicitor sent over a week ago. They took this long to tell us we needed to pay £192 for the privilege too. Joys!

The same with us as we are buying a 5-year-old "new build", takes forever doesn't it! How frustrating!
  • Mmermaid
    Mmermaid Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    SG27 wrote: »
    We waited about 30 minutes but I've heard some on here waited all day when there is a chain involved.

WEVE EXCHANGED! And completing tomorrow! Oh my god the relief is insane! :beer:
  • lena_halo
    Options
    The EA had to escalate at the solicitors but we finally got our invoice through for payment. Received it at 12:24 and made payment and sent the screenshot back to them at 12:30 so we are now assured everything is ready and exchange of contracts will *hopefully* take place this afternoon.

Don't really want to get my hopes up but at least I know we will definitely be completing on Friday and the buyer doesn't want to collect her keys from me until Saturday so we have some breathing space for the move and all the cleaning etc, which is nice!

Feeling slightly relieved but not quite over the hill yet...
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback