PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The NEW waiting to exchange thread...

Options

Comments

• Tootling
    Tootling Posts: 36 Forumite
    Options
    Guess what?

Still haven't exchanged!

:eek::(:rotfl:
  • GBR78
    GBR78 Posts: 61 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Coming back to this now, all be it in the early stages;

27/03 - offer accepted on current house
    28/03 - solicitor given the go ahead for sale (purchase not considered at this stage as plan was to move into rental for a few months)
    30/03 - Offer accepted on new build purchase
    01/03 - Mortgage application started

Currently thats where we are. Early days, but sale will need to move fast to please the buyers and try to agree with their condition of a 6-7 week completion. Onward purchase timescales not too important as the build will not be complete until the end of June at the earliest. Luckily family have offered us space for a few weeks in the interim.
  • steph2901
    steph2901 Posts: 345 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I can finally take part in this thread!

24/2 - offer accepted
    27/2 - DIP
    5/3 - full application for mortgage
    22/3 - mortgage offer received

So now we are waiting for the solicitor to do her bit, we did delay searches as wanted to wait until we had the mortgage offer before paying out any more money.
  • StarLord
    StarLord Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    Long time lurker - but finally got my account activated!

Timeline - FTB - New Build
    10/11 - offer accepted on new build
    20/11 - EA suggest completion date of 15th Dec 17
    20/11 - give notice on rental (naïve I know but 2 month notice)
    04/12 - valuation complete
    05/12 - mortgage offer received
    05/12 - solicitor explains no chance of move in in Dec, suggests 03/01/18
    06/12 - EA says construction delayed and build to be completed 15/01/18
    10/01 - searches back
    11/01 - developer instructs that he is selling freehold alongside flat sales
    11/01 - 10/02 - awaiting freehold purchaser contract
    10/02 - developer offers compensation/week past 23/02
    15/02 - contracts signed, leasehold pack received (everything complete our end)
    15/02 - awaiting FRA, insurance, common parts sign off
    02/03 - developer solicitors note issue with drainage - goes onto neighbouring property and no Deed of Easement in place (they hadn't realized this was necessary) although emails with neighbor agreeing
    10/03 - FRA completed
    20/03 - Deed of Easement only just drafted and sent to neighbour by developer solicitors

This is my journey thus far, and having originally been given a completion date of 15th Dec, safe to say it has been very stressful and have been in temporary accommodation for some time now!

Our developer's solicitors have been a real nightmare to deal with, and so I'm losing the will to live and no real end point in sight. Does anyone have experience of a Deed of Easement process - I've research pretty thoroughly and seems that there is no way to speed things up as you are at the mercy of someone with no vested interest in haste!

Been keeping up with everyone's journeys from afar - pleased to know that it does get better!
  • TamsinC
    TamsinC Posts: 625 Forumite
    Options
    StarLord wrote: »
    Long time lurker - but finally got my account activated!

Our developer's solicitors have been a real nightmare to deal with, and so I'm losing the will to live and no real end point in sight. Does anyone have experience of a Deed of Easement process - I've research pretty thoroughly and seems that there is no way to speed things up as you are at the mercy of someone with no vested interest in haste!

Been keeping up with everyone's journeys from afar - pleased to know that it does get better!

Strangely - yes, this is what is holding up our purchase as well. Buying a house with septic tank and sewerage plant with drainage into a neighbours field - when the owner put it in he had a verbal agreement with the PREVIOUS landowner. Field has been sold and no Deed of Easement. We are insisting on one. The seller is willing but it is a slow process as the new owner of the field has no compunction to be quick. He's had it 2 weeks now and seller is chasing but no idea when it will all get sorted out. I've had to learn to be patient. There is nothing I can do, nothing my solicitor can do. We just have to wait. I'd willingly buy the field, or part of it but think that is a discussion for after we have bought the house itself.
    “Isn't this enough? Just this world? Just this beautiful, complex
    Wonderfully unfathomable, natural world” Tim Minchin
  • StarLord
    StarLord Posts: 5 Forumite
    edited 4 April 2018 at 1:15PM
    Options
    @TamsinC - it's a real bore isn't it! I did initially try for ways around it (implied right of access as the property previously used the same drainage) however given the change of use of the property with the development being built, my solicitors advised that this is unlikely.

Learning to be patient in the knowledge that we are almost there - I just don't like that it is out of my control at this point and as you say, little/no incentive for the owner to help, and he could just be sitting on the paperwork for all we know.

Have you looked into implied right of access? (I believe the requirements are continuous use for 5 years prior but you may want to check) however if you are in no rush it is better to go down the (legal) easement route.

Here's to a useless couple of weeks :beer:
  • TamsinC
    TamsinC Posts: 625 Forumite
    Options
    StarLord wrote: »
    @TamsinC - it's a real bore isn't it! I did initially try for ways around it (implied right of access as the property previously used the same drainage) however given the change of use of the property with the development being built, my solicitors advised that this is unlikely.

Learning to be patient in the knowledge that we are almost there - I just don't like that it is out of my control at this point and as you say, little/no incentive for the owner to help, and he could just be sitting on the paperwork for all we know. Indeed, it's a skill and I am being forced to learn it

Have you looked into implied right of access? (I believe the requirements are continuous use for 5 years prior but you may want to check) however if you are in no rush it is better to go down the (legal) easement route.
    I haven't to be honest - I've left it all up to our solicitors to sort out - and this way means it all goes down on deeds and no resale issues later down the line

Here's to a useless couple of weeks :beer:
    beer is good :beer:
    “Isn't this enough? Just this world? Just this beautiful, complex
    Wonderfully unfathomable, natural world” Tim Minchin
  • claz83
    claz83 Posts: 20 Forumite
    Options
    Jumping on board!

31/1 mortgage in principle confirmed
    5/2 instruct solicitor for sale and fill out oodles of paperwork
    20/3 accept offer on our flat
    27/3 our offer accepted on new place / instruct solicitor for purchase
    28/3 send docs to mortgage advisor for official application
    2/4 our buyers come for a second viewing
    3/4 EA suggests completion and exchange dates (18 & 25 May)
    4/4 survey booked

Currently awaiting memo of sale and waiting is sooo painful.
  • vilinnist
    vilinnist Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 5 April 2018 at 9:40AM
    Options
    Just a quick ask, has anyone else been in the situation where a purchaser has insisted that all contents are removed before they will exchange ? and here I do mean exchange and not complete - I have a possible completion date of 10th April - 5 days away, and have been forced to entirely clear my Mum's property because the buyers won't exchange until it's empty. The situation is it's a probate property and I said the house would be clear before completion, but the buyers won't take me at my word.
    It is now clear, but it has been a complete nightmare, and I am fully aware that the ( cash ) buyer can still just pull out.It smacks to me of just stringing me along and not wanting to pay a deposit I just wonder if it is legal ?
  • tudorfan22
    tudorfan22 Posts: 436 Forumite
    edited 5 April 2018 at 10:40AM
    Options
    Following the homebuyers survey our buyer would like her electrician to come and take a look at the electrics and she is coming as well, I guess to take a 2nd viewing as she hasnt seen the place since Feb.
    Im guessing the electrician will do an Electrical Inspection Report all of which sounds quite non invasive and ok. Im pretty sure our electrics are fine, we had some small electrical work done a few years ago, cant remember what but the electrician said it was fine then, so im not hugely worried.
    My questions are; has anyone else had an EIR and what was it like? And any tips for the 2nd viewing, which we will be doing. Weve never met her before as the EA did the first viewing any helpful tips to schmooze her?
    Thanks!

im also a bit worried as ive started packing! and the box room is a pit! and a few of the rooms look decidedly bare! should I put back everything ive taken down? obvs gonna tidy like a crazy thing but anything else I could/should do?
    )

:beer:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport