PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The NEW waiting to exchange thread...

Options

Comments

• loobiej1
    loobiej1 Posts: 55 Forumite
    Options
    Hello Everyone,
    So i can now finally post in here :)
    My mortgage offer came through on 27/02 with NW, i instructed solicitors 28/02 , the sellers decided to change solicitors so things have only just started to move.
    I the meantime i provided my solicitors with ID etc
    My solicitors contacted me yesterday to say they received draft copy of contracts & can now start searches.
    I have also received a letter from them today saying, they have mortgage offer but would like a copy of valuation or survey, i opted for standard valuation and i haven't received a copy of this, just a text from NW to say they were happy with valuation, do i need to go back to my broker for this or just let my solicitor know i only went with the standard valuation and don't have a report?

Thank you
  • T90FER
    T90FER Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    Progress today, sort of...
    I chased solicitor yesterday to question return of searches, queries and also obtain preliminary completion date.

Solicitor confirmed they have received queries and posted a copy to be answered (nothing of concern), we have received our searches back also.
    Today I get a response regarding completion, to be told the vendors have a related purchase and are awaiting contract papers and we are a long way off from a position of arranging a completion date. My heart sank!

Within minutes I contacted the EA as when our offer was accepted it was on the basis of no upward chain.
    A swift reply reassured this was the case and the vendors are breaking the chain to move in with family but their solicitor was not aware!

Hopefully not far away now...
  • vicki2221
    vicki2221 Posts: 165 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I am hoping we will exchange today/tomorrow. The buyers mortgage offer was supposed to arrive yesterday. We found out yesterday part of the delay was their first mortgage offer had the wrong names on it and had to be redone. Husband spent all day yesterday on the phone to various estate agents, including our vendors who are under huge pressure and threats from the top of the chain threatening to pull out. If we don't exchange this week I feel like I will lose my marbles. And on Monday we got a letter from the buyers solicitor asking if they can have our washing machine and fridge/freezer included in the sale! We don't need them for the new house so we said fine, just take them, as long as they hurry up and we exchange this week! ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!
    Save £12k in 2018 #130 - £1200/£7,000
  • vicki2221
    vicki2221 Posts: 165 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Just received email from solicitor. Buyers mortgage offer has been received BUT

"they must also now submit a report to the lender to obtain approval to a gift of funds your buyer!!!8217;s are receiving from a 3rd party (presumably parents) to assist with the purchase. This is normally routine but is something that the lender has to formally consent to.

With the Bank Holiday my estimate is that a response will be received from the lender Tuesday next week."

For goodness sake, I hate them! I thought this was already done.
    Save £12k in 2018 #130 - £1200/£7,000
  • Tootling
    Tootling Posts: 36 Forumite
    Options
    Vicki it always seems to be one more thing doesn't it.

Were going to exchange soon too but nothing seems to be happening. We seem to be in the exact same place as we were a week ago.

Solicitor sent information to lender's solicitor who came back with questions. Most of which the solicitor was able to answer straight away but some outstanding.

So that has been the same for 3 days now. What are they doing exactly? Argh!

I am so peed off at this whole thing. I guess it can't be helped these queries might just take things or be hanging on waiting for someone else. But i do feel something's that solicitors lack initiative. I mean what do they care? You pay them regardless whether the sale goes through or not they won't be out of pocket by much. So they just amble along very relaxed, going off on holiday every other week.

Meanwhile we sit about doing nothing! Gah.
  • betsie
    betsie Posts: 434 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Good news for us today. 1st person in the chain finally have their mortgage valuation booked (5wks after chain all agreed) which means house 2 has finally paid for the survey on my buyers house.
    We!!!8217;ve had loads of questions from my buyers solicitors so things seem to be progressing with the legality!!!8217;s. Just have to keep fingers crossed that valuation and survey are ok further down the chain.
    We are hoping for exchange and completion some time in May.
  • jolester
    jolester Posts: 331 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I think the title of this thread should be changed to "Losing the will to live!"

We are in a very small chain, we have cash buyers, we are moving into a vacant non probate property.

We originally saw the house we wanted to buy online last Aug/Sept (it had been on the market two years) We had our offer accepted at the end of January when we sold.

We have been assured our sellers are keen to sell asap, but we are STILL waiting for basics (PIF and F&F) all searches are back, mortgage in place, our buyers been back to ours last night and have confirmed they're ready to rock and roll and just need 6 days notice to get their cash from various accounts.

In the meantime....

My solicitor had assured me she was chasing the various docs from our vendors solicitors. The vendors EA spoke to me last Thursday and said the vendors were hand delivering the information that day to their solicitors.

No sign of any of it.

Spoke to the colleague of my solicitor today who said that they haven't chased them and wont until two weeks had passed... I explained that 8 weeks had passed ! She said, no, until two weeks had passed since the enquiries had been sent !

She has now said she'll send the vendors solicitors an email to ask for PIF and F&F.

FFFFFFF FFFFFFF Sake !

I know in the grand scheme of buying and selling houses timeline isn't very long so far, but given the speed our vendors and solicitors are working at I don't see us moving in before Christmas :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
  • betsie
    betsie Posts: 434 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    A few years ago we sold our house to someone who had no house to sell and we were going into rented. Quick and easy you would think. It took 6mths of hell - some people just don!!!8217;t see house buying and selling as a big deal and don!!!8217;t prioritise it that way. I know it doesn!!!8217;t help Jolster but I!!!8217;m sure you will get there in the end. Do you have any way of contacting the vendor directly to gee them up in a nice polite way.
  • jolester
    jolester Posts: 331 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    betsie wrote: »
    A few years ago we sold our house to someone who had no house to sell and we were going into rented. Quick and easy you would think. It took 6mths of hell - some people just don!!!8217;t see house buying and selling as a big deal and don!!!8217;t prioritise it that way. I know it doesn!!!8217;t help Jolster but I!!!8217;m sure you will get there in the end. Do you have any way of contacting the vendor directly to gee them up in a nice polite way.

We're actually meeting them at the property tomorrow night so hopefully we can stick a rocket up their back side then lol
  • TamsinC
    TamsinC Posts: 625 Forumite
    Options
    jolester wrote: »
    I think the title of this thread should be changed to "Losing the will to live!"

Completely agree
    “Isn't this enough? Just this world? Just this beautiful, complex
    Wonderfully unfathomable, natural world” Tim Minchin
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family