PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

The NEW waiting to exchange thread...

Options

Comments

• Tootling
    Tootling Posts: 36 Forumite
    Options
    How do i quote people? Confused!

Notanotherknot, sounds like you will be wrapping up soon. I can't remember how long it has been for us to be exact bit it feels like ages mostly just waiting and during around like a lemon. I guess xmas falling in the middle made it feel longer but it felt like ages until all the searches were completed.

x_malibubabe... Management packs can take ages. We had someone waiting for one in our chain and they sped it up finally by ringing the management company themselves. Why they hadn't done that before rather than leave it to their solicitor. They only rang up when i wailed down the phone to my ea about why they hadn't called themselves! We did to get ours. No good leaving it to your solicitor to chase they don't do anything.

Vicki, sounds a bit frustrating! Done people just don't seem to be with it. Proving or deposit was one of the first things we did. We were on the phone with the finance people asap getting all our crap together and then the process of them asking a million questions! Certainly not something you leave. However saying that... We are coming up to the point where our offer expires. Maybe they just didn't decide to get it so soon knowing it might drag on? Seems unlikely though.

Tiglath... 15 cats?????? I thought 3 bad enough!

As for me... Indemnity sorted yau.

Still waiting for one solicitor to receive one contact. Aaaaaaaahhhhhhh.

Completion soo fast agreed fur the 27th, just a few days before mortgage offer expires. IF we get to bloody exchange that is.

And then to arrange removals so close to Easter.

Aaaahhh for heaven's sake! If i have too wait another day i will go mental.

I have no job as had to quit mine to move here. Got an interview for the only job available atm that i want. Naturally packed all interview with clothes etching are now in storage!

I am SO bored. No cats to look after. No job. Nothing. Nothing to do apart from laundry it seems. Nothing but wander town buying books with money I'm no longer earning!
  • spendinglikemad
    Options
    So our update is that I had a rather worried solicitor on the phone telling us that the land registry is indeed running late - so even though we paid for expedited submission and the solicitor was in touch there were too many submissions and this caused delays to letters going out adding another 2 week (!!!!!! paid extra and now its late......wish I could get away with that)
    So now land registry has said the 21st March is last day for objections, solicitor said we could go and see our old neighbours and ask if they could respond to say no objections.......I think that is vvvv unlikely to happen and I would assume our neighbours will get legal advice once they receive the letter from land registry and wouldn't take kindly to being pressured by me......

Our buyers mortgage expires 31st Mar - so there is now pressure finally to get this wrapped up and I hope it works.....

Going to sign on 23rd and hopefully plan for completion on 30 Mar (doubt that will go down well for good friday................

Otherwise they will need to request an extension to mortgage offer, all of this caused by solicitor mistakes (initial LR, delays in adverse possession and delays by land registry to do their job.......going to get a GIN and TONIC)

SLM
  • Amanda_Cm
    Amanda_Cm Posts: 168 Forumite
    Options
    We exchanged today! After me on the phone all day long. Completion - 16th of March witch is Friday. Just paid the buildings insurance.
  • notanotherknot
    Options
    Tootling - I hope so! Dont think I can take another question from my 3 year old about this new house. he thinks the solicitor is bringing us bricks for the new house bless him. Fingers crossed for you and the 27th though!

spendinglikemad - That's what part of our hold up was - a land registry issue. They've been understaffed for ages now, surely they should do something about it?

Congratulations Amanda_cm!

We spoke to our mortgage advisor last night and hes just as annoyed as us over the delay (he doesn't get the rest of his fee until 10 days past completion) Hes going to put a complaint to the conveyancing team manager and copy his manager in on our behalf, advising that we've refused to deal with the Manchester team of Countrywide anymore due to their incompetencies and passing on of incorrect information to us. However everything is sorted with him now, last bits confirmed and signed and we're literally twiddling our thumbs until we exchange/complete.
  • spendinglikemad
    Options
    spendinglikemad - That's what part of our hold up was - a land registry issue. They've been understaffed for ages now, surely they should do something about it?

So frustrating especially when it holds up a sale AND paid extra to expedite the process (should I request my expedited fee back just out of principal when this has all gone through ) its just incompetence plus you cant track where they are with the process.

Going to take a deep breath count to ten and assume that all is progressing...... I was tempted to go and see my old neighbours to check they received their letter but decided to leave it well alone and not muddy any waters (basically the title deeds for both our houses is incorrect which we only found out on selling ours and I guess our neighbours will have to rectify theirs too - as long as they are in no rush and prepared to pay £300 ish.......

All I have to do now is motivate poor DH who has manflu, to get his a**e in gear to move 2 [STRIKE]scrapheaps[/STRIKE] renovation projects to our current house (he has been procrastinating as we didn't have a deadline and he had an extra garage there and now we have a deadline he is too sick .....
  • notanotherknot
    Options
    So frustrating especially when it holds up a sale AND paid extra to expedite the process (should I request my expedited fee back just out of principal when this has all gone through ) its just incompetence plus you cant track where they are with the process.

Going to take a deep breath count to ten and assume that all is progressing...... I was tempted to go and see my old neighbours to check they received their letter but decided to leave it well alone and not muddy any waters (basically the title deeds for both our houses is incorrect which we only found out on selling ours and I guess our neighbours will have to rectify theirs too - as long as they are in no rush and prepared to pay £300 ish.......

All I have to do now is motivate poor DH who has manflu, to get his a**e in gear to move 2 [STRIKE]scrapheaps[/STRIKE] renovation projects to our current house (he has been procrastinating as we didn't have a deadline and he had an extra garage there and now we have a deadline he is too sick .....

I guess theres no harm in asking for the fee back? Don't ask - you don't get :) And regardless of any issues LR has, they didn't complete the task in the advised timeframe when you paid for a 'fast track' service. Any other company would refund it.
  • TamsinC
    TamsinC Posts: 625 Forumite
    Options
    Amanda_Cm wrote: »
    We exchanged today! After me on the phone all day long. Completion - 16th of March witch is Friday. Just paid the buildings insurance.
    Congratulations
    “Isn't this enough? Just this world? Just this beautiful, complex
    Wonderfully unfathomable, natural world” Tim Minchin
  • michbright
    michbright Posts: 451 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm still waiting to exchange. Solicitors have apparently sent us everything, but we are still waiting, three days after it supposedly was sent First Class! We were hoping to exchange on 19 March, but that is looking increasingly unlikely and the solicitor is just impossible to get hold of... several emails and phone calls is what it takes to get one reply!!

So... we sit and wait.
  • TamsinC
    TamsinC Posts: 625 Forumite
    Options
    Tootling wrote: »
    How do i quote people? Confused!

Press the orange single speech bubble button for a single quote and the blue multi speech bubble for quoting more than one person.
    “Isn't this enough? Just this world? Just this beautiful, complex
    Wonderfully unfathomable, natural world” Tim Minchin
  • Tootling
    Tootling Posts: 36 Forumite
    Options
    I've done that before and it doesn't work. Maybe as I'm on my phone? (Hence the multiple mistypes!)

We're still waiting. Maybe the solicitor up there hasn't checked their inbox. I hate all this. Why wasn't that bloody contact signed already? Why are we waiting for that... And heaven knows what is happening further along... With our vendor's seller's vendor.

:(

I feel so bloody anxious. I just want or house plus if this keeps going on it will just get complicated.

I hate waiting. I don't even like waiting for the bus. I'd sooner walk 5 miles than wait five minutes. This is the worst situation for a person like me! :D:j:mad:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure