PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The NEW waiting to exchange thread...

Options

Comments

• tt07
    tt07 Posts: 98 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    No progress at all today hope trix got the keys!

Cheery Daff can't believe your still waiting on the offer!!
  • Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,722 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    JuniorDoc, are there no other solicitors that can deal with it? Ours works in pairs apparently which is the most sensible thing I've seen in this entire process!

Crikey Akahotpot, that's ridiculous!! :eek: How can they not have noticed until now?! What on earth happened??

RXT15, yep, yep you're definitely in the waiting to exchange period - welcome to the gang :D Try not to pull all your hair out :D

Good luck Pumpkin! :j I think our buyers have started pestering (they've been very patient!) But sadly I can't do muh to push the building society along...

Can't believe you still didn't have keys at 4.50 trixabelle! :eek: :eek: Hope you're finally in now - please do come back and let us know!

tt07, sadly the fact that we are still waiting is the only thing I DO believe :rotfl: You've got to laugh I suppose. Nowt much I can do now til wednesday at the earliest so going to just concentrate on getting some work done!
  • RXT156
    RXT156 Posts: 46 Forumite
    Options
    Love reading about how everyone else is getting on. Somehow it make it more bearable knowing that I'm not alone :T

Just going to read through the last couple of pages to catch up on how everyone else is getting on!
  • 22cuddles
    22cuddles Posts: 115 Forumite
    Options
    Welcome to all the new people and good luck to everyone this week. Hope there’s positive news all round by the end of the week. EA says they think they’ll hear regarding buyers mortgage offer within 24 hours but I’m not getting my hopes up. 18 weeks since they made their offer on Wednesday. Keeping fingers crossed that we can get everything done and sorted by end of November.
  • RXT156
    RXT156 Posts: 46 Forumite
    Options
    18 weeks!!!!!!! Why so long?!?!?!? :eek::eek:
  • Flutterbat17
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I thought I would join in after following this thread for a while. So far for us everything’s been going pretty well and we are now waiting for a exchange/completion date.
    14/09/17 We had an offer on our house from a cash buyer and instructed our Solicitor.
    15/09/17 mortgage DIP
    1/10/17 instructed a building survey on house we liked and got verbal results from surveyor 09/10/17 so we could make an offer
    09/10/17 offer accepted on a house we like.
    13/10/17 mortgage application submitted.
    16/10/17 Solicitors instructed for searches
    20/10/17 mortgage valuation
    25/10/17 sales contracts/land register form signed
    26/10/17 mortgage approved
    27/10/17 early purchase report back with fixtures and fittings, enquiries submitted to sellers Solicitors and instructed CCTV drainage survey
    for next Tuesday on property.

Our has Buyers gone off on holiday for 3 weeks, allowing us to sort out searches etc.
    Waiting on our seller sorting his paperwork/searches but they want out pretty quick, chain ends with the house they are buying.

So just waiting really, maybe this drainage survey might throw up a few issues which could mean renegotiating with seller.

Considering we are buying a 160+ year old house it’s gone pretty well with getting a mortgage etc so far. Fingers crossed we get a exchange date soon. Our buyer is hoping we exchange late Nov/early Dec. Depends on how quickly the chain finishes their stuff :j
  • Cheery_Daff
    Options
    18 weeks 22cuddles :eek: :eek: I thought we were bad being nearly 12 weeks in with no mortgage :o :eek: how come it's taking so long for your buyers, do you know??
  • Regina.filangie
    Options
    Ha ha Cheery I love hearing about your spreadsheet of blame :rotfl:
    Hope you get your mortgage offer soon - it sounds like they’re just crossing the t’s and dotting the i’s. If it was a “no” you would’ve heard by now. Although I can fully sympathise with the horrendous wait - I was beside myself with worry about mine and could’ve done cartwheels when I got my offer!

Only update from me is that I’ve had to ask my broker about my offer not being sent in the post yet - 2 weeks tomorrow since it was issued. Got a reply straightaway to say it has been chased and they’re sending out another copy today (but what the heck happened to the first one?!). They have been great so far and are even pestering my solicitor for me to make sure they’re not forgetting about me.
    Ideally would love to exchange next week with a view to my preferred completion date of 17th Nov. Fingers well and truly crossed ����

Good luck to all - hopefully this week will bring lots of progress and good news to those waiting to exchange...
  • Natbag
    Natbag Posts: 1,563 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm baaaaaaack! Just popping in to catch up and see how everyone is getting on!
    Really loving our new house, it suits us so well and we've got so much done since moving in on Friday - it's really starting to look and feel like home. :D
    Just wanted to update my timeline for the last time too:

* 27/7 - current property listed for sale
    * 29/7 - offer accepted from buyers for current property, our offer accepted from vendor on new property
    * 3/8 - mortgage application received
    * 6/8 - solicitors instructed and forms received
    * 15/8 - valuation survey carried out on purchase property
    * 18/8 - valuation survey carried out on current property
    * 21/8 - our mortgage offer confirmed
    * 26/8 - survey on current property returned, property under-valued (Countrywide strikes again!)
    * 1/9 - negotiations fail, buyers pull out, current property relisted for sale
    * 14/9 - current property under reduced offer with new buyers
    * 15/9 - vendor's contract documents received from solicitors and enquiries raised
    * 16/9 - buyers' offer formalised, our mortgage offer readjusted
    * 19/9 - buyers' survey/valuation booked
    * 21/9 - updated mortgage offer received
    * 22/9 - contract received for sale
    * 23/9 - mortgage deed signed and witnessed
    * 25/9 - valuation & home buyers report survey carried out on existing property
    * 28/9 - valuation & home buyers report on existing property returned, all ok!
    * 29/9 - enquiries received from buyers' solicitor
    * 3/10 - all enquiries from buyers answered and supporting documents provided
    * 4/10 - vendors' replies to enquiries chased, potential completion date of 20/10 mentioned
    * 5/10 - buyers' electrician booked to test the electrics on current property
    * 6/10 - buyers' electrician report back & recommendations accepted
    * 9/10 - buyers awaiting a work reference to secure mortgage, we're also awaiting replies to enquiries from vendor
    * 20/10 - buyers' full mortgage offer finally released. Still waiting on NHBC certificate for purchase
    * 23/10 - NHBC certificate received
    * 25/10 - contracts and transfer of deed documents signed
    * 26/10 - lender releases money
    * 27/10 - exchanged & completed - on the same day! :j

Three months exactly from start to finish, and six weeks with the latest buyers - that's not bad at all, although it seemed like an eternity! :rotfl:

All the best to everyone still waiting to exchange and complete, I hope it all happens quickly and smoothly for you all (ha ha ha, we all know that's unlikely in this business!). But most of all I hope you are happy in your new homes for many years - the stress is worth it in the end, so hang in there! :)
    Property buying/selling timeline - currently into week 21
    04/12/20: Both properties listed for sale
    11/01/21: Offers accepted on both sales & on our joint purchase
    25/01/21: Identity checks completed, solicitors instructed
    27/01/21: Purchase survey & valuation complete, mortgage offer received 
    05/02/21: Reduction agreed on partner's sale (under-valuation) & on purchase. Mortgage offer amended
    08/02/21: Buyers pack returned to solicitor - sellers packs already returned
    26/02/21: Partner's sale contract signed
    10/03/21: Purchase searches all back
    16/03/21: My sale contract signed
    28/03/21: Purchase enquiries satisfied, Title Report & contracts issued, contracts signed & returned
    11/05/21: Still waiting on final enquiry in the adjoining chain to be resolved. Consent to break the chain granted, instruction to move to exchange given.
    17/05/21: All parties agreed to June 3rd for completion
    27/05/21: Exchanged on my sale only
    28/05/21: ALL EXCHANGED!
    03/06/21: Completion
  • Cheery_Daff
    Options
    Ooh, thanks Natbag, lovely to hear back from you! :j :j :j So glad you're finally in and loving your new home - there's hope for us all! :T
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback