Buffy Keeps on the Straight and Narrow

Options

Comments

• Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    Yeah I guess that is it. All a bit mental really.

Anyhow can't remember if I said but I ordered a Summer house. Am going to clear the garden of all the rubbish and get some quotes to get it taken away. So much rubbish especially since that idiot gardener didn't do what he said he would.

I will feel better once we have gotten rid of the rubbish. Mortified that my friend and her kids dropped me off and I couldn't invite them in to see the garden because it looks so messy.

Then it is on to the sheds (!) and the rest of the house. If the weather isn't absurd I should be able to get it done. I started all this before BIL got ill - well I have been de cluttering since about 2003! but moving on!

I have some plans for my room... Canterbury plans.. new handles for drawers, a clear desk, some shelves, new curtains. A window I can walk up to with nothing in front of it.

I have also booked a child Psychology course - it is only a rubbish one from Wowoucher but I miss studying and it sounded interesting.

I think I might be meeting my friend again tomorrow, I am hoping it is Monday tho, as I would like to move the rubbish.

Am watching a really good film The Mountains between us. That is why I am a bit distracted.

I shall go watch the end XXX
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,395 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Course sounds good :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    Having a fascinating night here!

Looking back over my Amazon orders, I have been a member of Amazon since 2003............

it really is an interesting look at me and my moods.

It started out as a place to buy books as gifts. Then books for me- SO MANY self help books, which I have subsequently given away!!!

And a set of lunch boxes which are now ten YEARS OLD, From paperchase if you are interested!!

We have had the exercise bike since 2009........

I have been interested in Dolls houses since 2008 (well since 2006 really - it was a project for me and my Dad XXX)

One of the out door green houses was bought in 2009 and I am having a stress about binning it......

I have bought various diet books, organisational books bought side tracked home executives in 2010

I appreciate this is sad reading but I am finding it vaguely hilarious!

I had the Gerbils in 2011 and they had a nice selection of food!

I also discovered free Kindle books.......... I buy people some good gifts too!

I am really glad that the kindle books are kindle books. I could open a library otherwise!

I have always been interested in history, teaching and getting a boyfriend!! (well two out of three isn't bad!!)

Interest in Minimalism started in 2012!!

Lots of diet books in 2013.... I have had a SAD lamp since 2013 and never used it (I always blamed the rabbits!!)

The dogs got fleas in 2013...

2014 is when I really started to order stuff a lot. However a lot of free kindle books, hay and food for the piggies and gifts. So not terrible.

2015 is even more and some stuff I didn't need.. a hoover, loads of good gifts (again, even if I do say so myself!)

And in November 2015 I did a massive order - crutches a back pack, Ice packs, heat packs!

I bought my bed in 2015 as well.

I got my fire stick in 2015 too. I know this post is really exciting! I am just intrigued by my spending habits!

Really much of it from 2015 onwards is for the pets, purely because work means I don't get to go to the shops and I am lazy..

I did buy a large fish pond thing I didn't need in 2016 (excitement mounting I know!) and I remember now I was in a lot of pain with my ankle, and we had ofsted in the May I think? or maybe June. And I bought my friend (who was mean to me) a gift and gave it straight the charity shop!

Migraines were bad in 2016 too, given the amount of "cures" I bought

THe shed base cost me 70 quid.

Hair straightening brush that didn't work. At all. Got my fitbit in 2016.

And then I started with the subscriptions!

In 2017 you can tell I am all over the place, ordering stuff for future plans and then just ordering crap!

And I really need to sell the fence hole maker thing!! and the small drawer thing.. (really??)

And as I go back I can see how I was prepping for a summer in the garden, bought tools, screws and stuff all spread out and then it all stops.

any how best go to bed!! XXX
  • badmemory
    badmemory Posts: 7,817 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options

(well two out of three isn't bad!!)

I have had a SAD lamp since 2013 and never used it

Well Meat Loaf is never bad. Did you really never use the lamp cos I thought of getting one & wondered if they did actually work as they are quite expensive if they don't.
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    It could be worse. I had to point out to DH that self help books are called that for a reason. At least it wasn't other people trying to cure you
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st10lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 42.4% through my pb challenge.
  • enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,609 Ambassador
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Sometimes shopping online is too easy. I miss using Amazon only for just books and dvds. Now there is household stuff on there, bits for grandchildren and even clothes. Never gone down the route of self help books though. Did you read them and take anything from them which was useful before you gave them away?

We have a fence hole maker too :)
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,395 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Meatloaf is the best :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    badmemory wrote: »
    Well Meat Loaf is never bad. Did you really never use the lamp cos I thought of getting one & wondered if they did actually work as they are quite expensive if they don't.

I have three mate who swear by them - hence me buying one. So I am a believer.
    It could be worse. I had to point out to DH that self help books are called that for a reason. At least it wasn't other people trying to cure you

That whole reading them thing is really something I should look in to...
    Sometimes shopping online is too easy. I miss using Amazon only for just books and dvds. Now there is household stuff on there, bits for grandchildren and even clothes. Never gone down the route of self help books though. Did you read them and take anything from them which was useful before you gave them away?

We have a fence hole maker too :)

SO easy. Criminally easy. I remember Feel the Fear and Do it Anyway, I read that years ago. I love Brian Tracey. He is very much no nonsense but in an anything is possible type way.
    The Miracle Morning Book is also good.

Beanie........Meat loaf? Really!!! :rotfl:
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    House News.............

Ok..... I wanted to give Mum a summer house. I found one 539, thought I would have it put up last summer - obviously didn't happen.

I got a quote to clear the area and put it up, 630 pounds.

300 of that is put up the summer house. I can't afford 630.

SO I am clearing the area myself. Little old tubby tubs me.

Also I was going to get the hippo people to clear rubbish for me, but I can't afford that either. I mean I could. But I don't want to do it. Plus there is so much rubbish, I will probably just keep finding it and have to go to the tip anyway so I may as well just suck it up. Does that make sense?

I am pretty sure it will mean Mum and I argue. She doesn't always get how long things take and she won't like it being a mess for so long. But this has been the case for my entire life so I will cope.....

I have the sneezys and need to check my bank... Night all XXX
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Consider this to be an outdoor gym
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st10lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 42.4% through my pb challenge.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure