And so it begins: The Pig Vs The Mortgage

Options

Comments

• littlefred169
    Options
    Hi PP I'm a long time member of MSE who's gone of the boil recently and thanks to read your diary and others it has inspired me to get of my backside and get back on the wagon! Also thanks for the inspiration to to the small steps - it is working wonders for me so far!

LF
    Original MF Date = July 2034
    Current MF Date = July 2025
    Target = April 2025
  • pinkypig
    pinkypig Posts: 1,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    rtandon27 wrote: »
    Amazing fish deal !
    I thought we were doing well when OH spotted 2 portions of cod for 99p - lol - he's been trained to look at the reduced section first!:rotfl:

I love a YS RT :):). Never seem to find any cod though - Well done you :D
    Hazelnutty wrote: »
    Wow PP - full steam ahead as ever with you!

Looking forward to a sedate half term staycation Nutty :D. Hope you and yours are well as
    Hi PP I'm a long time member of MSE who's gone of the boil recently and thanks to read your diary and others it has inspired me to get of my backside and get back on the wagon! Also thanks for the inspiration to to the small steps - it is working wonders for me so far!

LF
    Thank you LF !
    I've just started reading your diary - what a coincidence:). Great that you're back :):)
    Original mortgage £112,000 . Final payment due August 2027.
    Mortgage neutral achieved August 2020 - 7 years early!!!
  • pinkypig
    Options
    Evening :wave:

Hump day already :j. I'm very much looking forward to my holidays and there's only two more days to go:D. I'm going to try and get very early starts to get all my prep done for next term which will then just leave me writing assessments to mark as everything else is done :D
    My holiday plans are fluid but I'm looking forward to some running, hill walking and some lazy afternoons reading. I'm also going to get my Christmas cakes, puddings and mincemeat made which I always really enjoy:)

Today's small steps to success and wellbeing included;

Drank enough water

Slept fairly well

Spin class done

Laundry done and put on the line but it is still pretty damp so it's now on the airer

Nsd

Posted eBay parcel

Cheap, healthy eats (porridge for breakfast (hm pancakes for the kids), lo for lunch, jambalaya using lo chicken from the freezer and a bit of chorizo lurking in the fridge. I haven't made this for ages and it was yummy. It only takes 10 minutes in the pressure cooker and it made loads so there's some for lunch and the rest is portioned up and is in the freezer:money:)

Lunches ready for tomorrow

Ys pork chops defrosting for a sort of roast dinner for tomorrow. There are Yorkshire puddings, cauli cheese and stuffing in the freezer so nice and easy:)

Off to read for a bit as lights must be out by 10.30!

Happy Hump day to you:)

PP xx
  • littlefred169
    Options
    Aww thanks :) and by the time you read this just one more sleep until the holidays!
    Original MF Date = July 2034
    Current MF Date = July 2025
    Target = April 2025
  • pinkypig
    Options
    Aww thanks :) and by the time you read this just one more sleep until the holidays!

Yey, can't wait :j. Hope you have a lovely weekend too :)
  • pinkypig
    Options
    Evening :wave:

A quick one from me tonight as I'm a bit weary but knowing there's only one day to go helps :p

Today's small steps to success and wellbeing included;

Used up a bag of windfalls and made stewed apples for snacks and an apple crumble for dinner and 5 for the freezer.

Food shopping done for £28.60 which included 4 packs of 4 extra lean pork loins that were reduced to £1.20:money: Other than that it was a nsd.

Laundry done but not quite dry so it's on the airer

Dry laundry away

Tidied DS's domain :eek:

Used ys pork chops to make a sort of roast dinner. Everything else came out of the freezer so just had to make mashed potato and some gravy. Followed it with apple crumble and custard :)

Made two 'thank you' cakes

Sorted out the recycling

Drank enough water

Spin class done

Lunches ready for tomorrow

DD hoovered through and dusted :A

Off to watch a bit of TGBBO before lights out at 10.30. Sleeping so much better at the moment so I really hope it lasts!

Happy nearly Friday:):)

PP xx
  • chumpy45
    chumpy45 Posts: 495 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Happy Friday and half-term - such a lovely feeling. I am planning to really get into batch cooking this holiday and be much more prepared for the next half-term up to Christmas. I know this is an area where we could save, and you are certainly an inspiration in how to achieve this. Enjoy the break.
    Starting Mortgage 01.08.08 £171,209.24. [STRIKE]01.08.16 £42,418.93[/STRIKE]; [STRIKE]01.02.17 £36,584.00[/STRIKE]; [STRIKE]01.04.17 £34,694.7[/STRIKE]1 [STRIKE][STRIKE]09.06.17 £32,828.89 MFW Target date Sept 2017; :[/STRIKE][/STRIKE]) [STRIKE]06.08.18 £24,769.47[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]01.11.18 £23,825.00[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]22.01.19 £21,990.00[/STRIKE] [STRIKE][STRIKE]06.02.19 £21,200[/STRIKE][/STRIKE] [STRIKE]03.03.19 £19,862.93[/STRIKE][STRIKE]01.05.19 £18,509.63[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]01.08.19 £16,750.00[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]01.10.19 £15,400.00[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]01.11.19 £14,700.00[/STRIKE] 01.12.19 £13,956.00 01.02.20 £12,503.61 01.04.20 £10,999.00
  • pinkypig
    Options
    chumpy45 wrote: »
    Happy Friday and half-term - such a lovely feeling. I am planning to really get into batch cooking this holiday and be much more prepared for the next half-term up to Christmas. I know this is an area where we could save, and you are certainly an inspiration in how to achieve this. Enjoy the break.

Thanks Chumpy:). It's a great chance to relax and to try and get ahead before the madness begins:eek: good luck with your plans xx
  • pinkypig
    Options
    Afternoon :wave:

It feels weird checking in at this time! The start of my staycation has been lovely, mainly because each day has started with coffee and a long read in bed and not chasing my tail before flying out of the door:p

Other than that I've done a proper hill walk, a trail run and a sedate country walk and it's been really good for the soul:). I've also had the time to read, have a bubble bath and catch up on some box set viewing. Apart from £8.31 on a staples restock at HB it's also been a NS weekend.

Small steps to success and freedom have included;

Drank enough water

Slept well

Eaten healthily from the freezer

Batch cooked curry and soup

Fixed shower door - I hope!

Found 2birthday gifts in my present stash

Not thought about school of done any school work:p

Laundry up to date

House tidy and clean enough

I'm going to do a quick inventory and next week's meal plan followed by an easy freezer dinner with DD before going to see dad. I could get used to been a lady of leisure! At least my quest to be MF is taking me several large steps closer:)

Hope Monday hasn't been wearisome for all those not on their jollies:p

PP xx
  • Hazelnutty
    Options
    OMG that sounds heavenly, PP! I do love a staycation. Coffee and time to read the newspapers or go for a walk just feels like such a luxury. Or popping into town and being able to have a good nose around the charity shops. It does you good. Whenever I have those experiences I then say, I must build this kind of destress time into my everyday life but I never seem to manage it. I am getting better at actually taking weekends and holidays (one of many positive influences of OH) but something every day to slow down a sec would be great.
    Choose kind:)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure