And so it begins: The Pig Vs The Mortgage

Options

Comments

• chumpy45
    chumpy45 Posts: 495 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Just catching up with you PP. Hope you are enjoying your relaxing indulgent weekend - sounds like you thoroughly deserve it. Am watching the rain pour down here. Hope it's a little brighter in your area so you could manage a run.
    Starting Mortgage 01.08.08 £171,209.24. [STRIKE]01.08.16 £42,418.93[/STRIKE]; [STRIKE]01.02.17 £36,584.00[/STRIKE]; [STRIKE]01.04.17 £34,694.7[/STRIKE]1 [STRIKE][STRIKE]09.06.17 £32,828.89 MFW Target date Sept 2017; :[/STRIKE][/STRIKE]) [STRIKE]06.08.18 £24,769.47[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]01.11.18 £23,825.00[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]22.01.19 £21,990.00[/STRIKE] [STRIKE][STRIKE]06.02.19 £21,200[/STRIKE][/STRIKE] [STRIKE]03.03.19 £19,862.93[/STRIKE][STRIKE]01.05.19 £18,509.63[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]01.08.19 £16,750.00[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]01.10.19 £15,400.00[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]01.11.19 £14,700.00[/STRIKE] 01.12.19 £13,956.00 01.02.20 £12,503.61 01.04.20 £10,999.00
  • pinkypig
    pinkypig Posts: 1,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hazelnutty wrote: »
    Hey PP! I'm another newbie and I've been catching up on your thread. I love the way you list your small steps. It makes such a difference to actually write them down and see what you've achieved. I'm going to try to do it too - in homage!

Hiya :wave: -thanks for popping in. Those !little steps keep me going, even when I hit a rubbish patch. I've also realised that over the last 15 months they've added up to nice,big strides. Every step is a step closer to freedom :D
    Good luck with your journey. Xxx
    chumpy45 wrote: »
    Just catching up with you PP. Hope you are enjoying your relaxing indulgent weekend - sounds like you thoroughly deserve it. Am watching the rain pour down here. Hope it's a little brighter in your area so you could manage a run.

He!lo Chumpy :):). I had a lovely weekend but no run as I'm full of cold but I got out for a nice walk instead:)
    Hope everything is good with you xx
    Original mortgage £112,000 . Final payment due August 2027.
    Mortgage neutral achieved August 2020 - 7 years early!!!
  • pinkypig
    Options
    Evening :wave:

I feel like I've been awol:o. I don't like missing my daily post but work, weariness and a visit from the snot monster caught up with me :rotfl: I did however have a lovely weekend. Lots of relaxing, healthy food, good company and a few glasses of my favourite red:D

In money news I have rent :j and a small TCB pay out. I've had a few necessary expenses (household repairs ) and I've sourced the stuff I needed at half of what I was quoted and have got someone to do the work at mate's rates so it'll work out at £150 rather than £350:eek: I also had a £70 spend on gas safety checks prior to the new tenants moving in. Other 'necessarys' were filling up the car and the food shop which was very low as all this week's meals are lo or freezer batch cooks so it was just fruit, salad, milk, yogurt and a few bits.

Less necessary was a new to me winter work dress and coat which came to £24.90 with postage. Didn't need either but they are lovely:). The coat is a cashmere blend from Hobbs (via eBay :money:) and it is beautiful. My personal spends have taken a bit of a hit early in the month though!

Small steps to success and freedom included;

Drank enough water

Got a good night's sleep

Laundry done and on the airer

Made overnight oats

Peeled and stewed a carrier bag of windfalls

Chopped a big tub of salad ready to portion up for lunches

Cheap healthy eats (porridge for breakfast, lo for lunch, chickpea and spinach curry for dinner)

Listed 11 items on eBay to try and cover the cost of my dress and coat!

Did next week's meal plan and shopping list based on what's in the freezer.

I'm now off for an early night to try and shake off my snuffles :)

Happy Tuesday to you:)

PP xx
  • pinkypig
    Options

What a beautiful day it's been and so warm - making the most of it before the flash flooding on Friday:rotfl:

A bit of sun really does lift your spirits. As it was going to be a good drying day I changed my bed and got it on the line before work . As it was so nice I left work early and did a short run (still a bit snotty:p) and did some cutting back and weeding. I also put the garden furniture into a corner and put the winter covers on. I still desperately need a few good sessions out there but it looks much better.

In money news I spent £5.69 on toilet rolls and doggy poop bags -living the dream :rotfl:

Other small steps to success and wellbeing included;

Drank enough water

Had a good night's sleep

Cheap healthy eats (porridge for breakfast, lo for lunch and three bean chilli from the freezer with cous cous and salad for dinner)

Recycling sorted out ready for collection

Winter coats aired

Got another bag of windfalls

Off to watch TGBBO and then bed.

Happy Hump Day :):)

PP xx
  • pinkypig
    Options

Thursday already:eek: or should i say :j!

Today has been a good day despite some truly horrid weather. It's still really warm but the rain:eek: I've got a massive work frog to swallow tomorrow so I'll be very glad when it's the weekend.
    Other than that, works going really well and as I approach half term with my new method, all my assessments are up to date:D. Definitely sticking with this. There's a bit to do each day but it's way easier than doing it all in one go.
    In money news I fixed my washing line cover with tape but it's now about 2 inches short which kind of defeats the object :rotfl: At least I tried! Found one on line for £1.89 with free delivery:money:
    I also did the grocery shop which was bigger than it has been as the cupboards have been run down to nothing - no rice,pasta or tinned tomatoes -imagine that:eek: £32.29 so not actually that bad.
    I got two huge squash on super 6, one sweet dumpling and one buttercup. I had a good rummage to find big ones and I did smile to myself wondering if any passing MSEers were wandering by thinking 'I know exactly what her game is'::rotfl: I also spotted loose sweet potatoes which were 54p each. Again I found a huge one which weighed 1.3kg!!! Needless to say i won't be paying 95p a kg again just to get them in a bag. I'm going to batch cook squash and coconut curry and spicy squash soup this weekend :)

Other small steps to success and wellbeing included:

Drank enough water

Had a good night's sleep

Cheap healthy eats (overnight oats for breakfast, lo for lunch and batch cooked veggie lasagne from the freezer for dinner)

Hoovered downstairs

Put laundry away

Did another load of laundry and put on the airer

Unpacked winter clothes, boots that weren't good enough for eBay in the charity collection and a coat, dress and some jeans set aside for ebay. Summer clothes in storage bags in the airing cupboard

Made flapjacks and iced a chocolate cake from the freezer for lunch boxes and snacks for the kids

Got another carrier bag of apples :)

Off to read for a bit before having an early night:)

Happy nearly Friday :)

PP xx
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Good news on the assessments Pinky. Have a good weekend.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • pinkypig
    Options
    Good news on the assessments Pinky. Have a good weekend.

Thanks Wish, it was good. I hope yours was too:D
  • pinkypig
    Options

I've been a bit rubbish at keeping up my diary this week :o. I've had a busy few days and by the time I got to bed all I wanted to do was sleep! Only three more working days until the holidays though :j

Despite feeling like I'm meeting myself coming back (even over the weekend:eek:) I've not succumbed to spendy convenience although I was tempted:o. The accountability of the MFW board is a mighty powerful force :rotfl:

In money news I've had a small eBay sale and had a coup!e of eBay purchase issues:mad: I'm normally a bit soft but this time I contacted the sellers regarding condition/damage and inaccurate size info. This resulted in a return , a refund and a partial refund which has brought my personal spends down a bit.
    Spends have been needs (fuel, milk, ys bread, salad) and a couple of wants (2 Cs books for £1.50 and 5 seat pads for my patio chairs for £1:money:). My home maintenance is done and it came to just under £154 which was better than the £356 a local firm quoted:eek:

Other small steps to success and wellbeing over the last few days have included;

Drank enough water

Sleeping well

No food or drinks bought outside of the home

All dinners have been from the freezer (chilli, curry, pesto chicken and bol sauce which was padded out to make a pasta bake when extra mouths appeared at the last minute:))

Got a sea bass for 20p and turned it into 4 portions of thai fish curry using stuff from stores

Spin class done today and did a !ong run over the weekend

House reasonably clean and tidy

Laundry up to date

Lunches ready for tomorrow

Classroom tidy, resources ready each night and marking up to date:)

Happy Tuesday to you:)

PP xx
  • rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,540 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Amazing fish deal PP!

I thought we were doing well when OH spotted 2 portions of cod for 99p - lol - he's been trained to look at the reduced section first!:rotfl:
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 4 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
  • Hazelnutty
    Options
    Wow PP - full steam ahead as ever with you!
    Choose kind:)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure