Forum Home» Old Style MoneySaving

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat! - Page 8

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Old Style MoneySaving
12K replies 1.2M views

Replies

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Forumite
    0 posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped!
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Oh well in that case I nominate the Hefferlump for Prime Minister and his twin brother Eric for For'n Secretary, they'd make Rich Tea Biscuits compulsory at tea breaks every day and most likely send in an expeditionary force to liberate Nessie from Mar's freezer, I'd of course give them pairs of dark glasses to wear in the kitchen just in case Mar is fibbing and actually does bathe in the sink!!!!!
  • NargleblastNargleblast Forumite
    10.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But what about the two plumbers imprisoned in Mardatha's loft?
    One life - your life - live it!
  • MMF007MMF007 Forumite
    1.4K posts
    ✭✭✭
    Oh Fencers you have made me laugh!

I had a very taxing day, psychologically very demanding. My first client has a family member with pretty severe Altzeimers and he was very agitated during most of my visit. He usually responds well to my cajoling but it took a while for him to calm down today. By the time I left though we had sung a round of Michael Finnegan together and he had pretened to be a cowboy armed with a banana, and we had roared with laughter. So, all's well that ends well.
    My second client was in tears when I got to her house. It is nothing major, thank goodness, but some news came as a blow to her, on top of a few other things that she has going on. Luckily I managed to sort out a few IT problems (did I mention I also sort out IT problems?!) and eventually
    left her feeling a bit better.
    Phew, roll on the weekend!!

right, I'm off to shave my legs just in case one of you lot tries to roll my trouser leg up :rotfl:
    I have changed my work-life balance to a life-work balance. :grin:
    0 posts
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Simples, they can become Kale Herders and make sure that the Kale Flocks are kept out of Mars garden and up on top of the mountain where they can play with the wild haggis that live on the crags.
  • SunnyGirlSunnyGirl Forumite
    2.6K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Evening all :) I have my trousers ready to roll up the appropriate leg when the time for my induction starts :rotfl:

Busy day today as I've been working but have been ensconced on the sofa this evening in my jammies doing my online shopping to be delivered a week tomorrow which is conveniently pay day!

So glad your hot water is back on Mardatha :T

Only a quick visit tonight as my bed is calling but will talk to everyone tomorrow :)
  • NargleblastNargleblast Forumite
    10.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Simples, they can become Kale Herders and make sure that the Kale Flocks are kept out of Mars garden and up on top of the mountain where they can play with the wild haggis that live on the crags.

Now come along, Mrs LW, take your medication like a good girl.....(sad case, this, she's really away with the fairies. I mean, everyone knows the wild species of haggis has been extinct for 200 years.)
    One life - your life - live it!
    0 posts
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Shhhhh it's a secret but Mar has secretly been breeding the 'endangered' haggis in the coal shed for some years now and like the wild boar in the Forest of Dean (although slightly smaller) some of them have escaped and are now living the 'high life' (it is after all on top of the mountain) in a very remote part of Scotlandshire. Besides the Fairies have sent me back and life without the medication is so much more fun!!!!!
  • pollyanna_26pollyanna_26 Forumite
    3.7K posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morning Fencers - my bit of the fence is very wet today so I am posting umbrella in hand .
    I return after not being here yesterday and a quick glance at yesterdays goings on confirms my belief that I am the only sane person here .
    No doubt Uriah Heep will be here soon disagree and point out her 'umble virtues .
    Unless I have misread but I doubt it she appears to have come up with a weird alternative version of the Freemasons .
    New friends ignore all that . A sturdy wooden rolling pin and for the more flamboyant among us a large nappy pin worn on the lapel are the means of recognition should we have the misfortune to meet another thread member on the high street .
    The nappy pin can be suitably embellished with reclaimed items relevant to our old style ways . Not my style but left over chicken bones from a chicken rubbered until nothing is left but a few bones could be artistically shaped and embellished . I dread to think what Hester will come up with for that .
    Your fellow oser will be eyeing your wonderful creation with deep envy giving you the chance to whip out the rolling pin from your old oilcloth bag smack their legs and run .
    There's nowt under the radar for preppers about a rolled up trouser leg but who suspects someone with an innocent shopping bag and a sweetly crafted lapel brooch from the days when nappy pins were strong and lasted through the generations .

Good to see so many Peter Kay people . Do you remember the "Mum wants a bungalow " tour maybe Floss should make the ultimate sacrifice and try to entice him if he's still in Blackpool into a for one week only " Monna wants a bungalow " version .
    Ready for my breakfast now back later .
    polly
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.
  • Morning all,

Hope everyone is doing well!!

Well the weather over here this morning! I came to work armed in my sweaty (because seriously why is the British summer so muggy!!!) waterproofs only for the torrential rain to stop completely so I looks like an over prepared t*at once again. Damn you weather!

In other news the tomato plants in my bedroom are turning much to the delight of the other half, I think he thinks this means they will be going soon! Just need to decide on what to make with my harvest of 6 toms lol! Oh and I think I have more than 1 blueberry this year to! So I can see either muffins or cookies in my future.

Right off to ponder how many tomato plants I need to grow next year to actually get something like soup from them!
  • pollyanna_26pollyanna_26 Forumite
    3.7K posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Urgent question for Mardatha!!!

Why is Lyn allowed to use the K word in full twice in one sentence and not be punished ?
    I'm off to poach eggs and design a protest banner , maybe I need to form a union . All osers should be equal . I'm beginning to wonder if I am better suited to a suitably vintage and very pretty wrought iron fence where I may encounter a better class of insults .
    polly :mad:
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.