Forum Home» Old Style MoneySaving

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat! - Page 11

New Post Advanced Search

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Old Style MoneySaving
12.3K replies 1.2M views

Replies

• pollyanna_26pollyanna_26 Forumite
    3.8K posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's good to see Ivyleaf we'll send the vibes it will be sorted soon .x

Lyn Final confirmation ignore both previous . March Hare :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    polly
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.
  • edited 21 July 2017 at 4:25PM
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Forumite
    0 posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped!
    MoneySaving Newbie
    edited 21 July 2017 at 4:25PM
    OK whatever we've decided to be as mad as.....hugs anyway and loads of them xxx.

You know when small children are quiet.....that's when parents have to worry the most because goodness knows what they're up to??? does that apply to Mar and Hester too? 'cos if it does we'd better get ready to DUCK!!!!!
  • edited 21 July 2017 at 5:11PM
    MMF007MMF007 Forumite
    1.4K posts
    ✭✭✭
    edited 21 July 2017 at 5:11PM
    Ivyleaf, could you maybe offer to contact the council to arrange collection of the items 'so when your cataract is done it will all look lovely out there'? I know you said OH will be the one paying but if you offered to do the legwork (ie, ordering the pick-up) then he only has to give the payment details, not actually do any 'work' arranging it. Sometimes a little nudge works, although I know it is not easy if someone is feeling very low because of illness etc. Best wishes, hope it works out.

ETA, sorry, typing was interupted by assisting DH with IT problem, so cross posted with you Ivyleaf. Sounds more positive, fingers crossed!
    I have changed my work-life balance to a life-work balance. :grin:
  • FairyPrincesskFairyPrincessk Forumite
    2.4K posts
    Ninth Anniversary
    ✭✭✭✭
    Evening all,

Pollyanna, the washing got close so will finish off indoors. I've had a look at the patterns--they look nice although after my trials with pocket/zip insertion today I'm thinking of swearing off all sewing..until tomorrow ;)

Ivy, I saw your post earlier but got distracted by the door before I responded. I'm glad you've managed to get your point across. My OH does some very similar things and it drives me batty and he isn't struggling with pain or illness. I'll mention he should do something, he'll agree and then weeks later...well. Big hugs and sympathy.

Right, must dash, running a nice hot bubble bath for myself!
  • FairyPrincesskFairyPrincessk Forumite
    2.4K posts
    Ninth Anniversary
    ✭✭✭✭
    p.s. frogs do take baths, don't they? They do now!
  • pollyanna_26pollyanna_26 Forumite
    3.8K posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lyn my concerns were more if Monna and Hester were engaged with joint mayhem , two elements you would never combine in a Lab . I know have an image of the three together round a cauldron muttering " Hubble bubble toil and trouble " or even worse Nanny Ogg and co from Discworld !!! I'm pondering who would be who as I type . I think Monna would have to be Nanny Ogg but will have to muse a little on the other two . I don't see either as a natural Granny Weatherwax too off the wall for that . Hope Nell and Zebra had a good day out and that you and HWK have good nights sleep tonight .
    Still making typing errors , Never mid tomorrow is another day .
    polly
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Forumite
    0 posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped!
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Nell and Zebra had a fab day out POLLY, apparently he walked into the theatre and just stood and gazed and said ' Nellie it's all gold, is pretty' and was just enchanted by the whole thing, building, experience, performance and being out with Nell. Lunch at Carluccios with a colleague who has met him and lunched with them a couple of times, he loves her to bits, journey back home on the train (journey to the theatre on the top deck of a double decker bus was very fine) and mum and baby brother met them at the station and took them home for tea and cake. He fell asleep in the car on the way home from the station but all in all seems to have had a most enjoyable time. He says Nellie can take him to the theatre again, must have been OK no?

He Who Knows is nicely tired from all the being outside in the fresh air and playing with the fish so he'll go out like a light and I'm sleepy so as it's cooler and we have lovely lashings of rain at the moment hopefully I'll manage a better night too.

For what it's worth I always see us as St.Trinians rather than Discworld but maybe there is a point half way between the two where we'd fit beautifully! xxx.
  • mardathamardatha Forumite
    15.6K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I take a day off and you lot go mad! I know nothing of any elephants. Nor Nessies. I have never seen/heard/spoken to any elephants or Nessies. I have spent the whole day - ever since early Mass, which I never miss - in prayer and silent contemplation.
    AND YOU CANNY PROVE THAT I HAVEN'T! :p:p:p
  • ivyleafivyleaf Forumite
    6.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Glad Zebra had fun Lyn :)

The "stuff" in the garden has been tidied up and takes up less than a third of the space it did when it was a big messy heap :) Nothing further will happen for several days as OH has hospital things happening on Mon and will need a bit of recovery time, but at least it looks less awful.
  • NargleblastNargleblast Forumite
    10.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK whatever we've decided to be as mad as.....hugs anyway and loads of them xxx.

You know when small children are quiet.....that's when parents have to worry the most because goodness knows what they're up to??? does that apply to Mar and Hester too? 'cos if it does we'd better get ready to DUCK!!!!!

Oh Gawd! Who let that DUCK in here?????
    One life - your life - live it!