Forum Home» Old Style MoneySaving

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat! - Page 10

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Old Style MoneySaving
12.3K replies 1.2M views

Replies

• pollyanna_26pollyanna_26 Forumite
    3.8K posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    greenbee I lost track of which elephant was which months ago !
    I forgot whether the Flyladies had the inflatable version which could usefully hover and not make a mess or the Pratchett version . As Lamewolf is over there it is possibly the DW version . It really would have helped to know which of the four elephants we were discussing .
    simplelivingcottage If you google the description in my post the product is available on Am*z*n . They sell it but I usually buy from a couple of the many sellers . The version I've always used is in the opaque bottle with a "waist " which is easy for gripping it . There are round clear bottles too but I haven't tried them . Avon have their own online site too so you have a good choice of options . Maybe you'll get to Scotland yet .
    polly
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.
    3.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    FPK Hope the washing dries . It's wet and blustery here today , I will tire of it time time but following all the heat of the last few weeks I'm loving every raindrop .
    I've meaning to mention this for a while but following the mad frog nappy pin :eek: mention I have had to search my soul and be the better person . I know you love your sewing , upcycling and homemaking and may already be aware of this at it relates to an English girl who went to live in America . I used to follow the Dottie Angel blog and a few years ago she designed a pattern for Simplicity for the dottie angel dress . I spent months searching in shops for a copy and finally ran it to ground on the big A site yet again from one of the sellers .
    On a whim last night I searched her name on the site and found three further patterns all of them quirky , pretty and a bit retro and fits the vintage , homespun vibe we both love . Multi size patterns 6-8 to 22-24 endless options to mix and match remnants . Have a peep , I'm not sure if you're still within reach of Bolton Market since the move but bearing in mind many of the designs have big in your face pockets they're pretty hard to dismiss . I luvs pockets .
    polly
    3.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry Ivyleaf I noticed I was starting to make errors in my posts , usually a time to log out for a bit and settle the brain .
    It may have been steroids from the doctor not vitamins but that's not important . What matters at this moment is you and how low and overwhelmed you feel most of us have felt those times but right now that's no comfort to you right now .
    Step back and the support and empathy will appear here . As you know Not mentioning the T word is a very safe place to discuss things we don't want to take too much off topic on a faster moving bigger thread . In a smaller way my own thread which I've not posted on for a few weeks will see me over there in an hour or so if you care to pop by .
    It was set up because there wasn't a thread for those things since Prepareathome stopped posting on her dedicated thread for such times I think you may have been there before but as you know I'm easily confused .
    It seems a long time since breakfast so I'm going to have some soup and I'll post over there in a bit . Quickest way is click my username and you'll recognise the Glasgow Rose .
    Have a warm hug and a comforting brew
    polly x
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Forumite
    0 posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped!
    MoneySaving Newbie
    If you can bear to have a hug from a FROGGIE they're coming the way of anyone feeling low today, as many as you need, no limit and that's everyone who needs one too!

IVYLEAF that's just brilliant news, a bit daunting but you won't have too long to sit and worry about it petal.

I'm shattered, I spent most of the morning in the big City looking some specifics, most of which I found and then the bus was half an hour late and then there was a very long hold up due to some building work being done and big vehicles parked in the road so the 12.37 bus didn't arrive there until 12.50 and we didn't get back to the village until 1.50, dashed in, dumped bag, grabbed lunch and then out to walk Cookie, just back now and really wanting the cup of tea that's currently brewing in the kitchen Oh YES!!!
    3.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lyn I am suffering every time you refer to the Green amphibians , I'm not colouring that because you know who will pick up the vibes again . My task is becoming ever heavier . I not only have a union to form and placards to make I am now faced with forever being referred to as a Froggie . I am pretty sure their are Human Rights laws on that expression as it has long been an insulting term . I shall check on that law to save my friends here from being swayed towards illegal acts . Maybe this Mar taking revenge on Lyn and I am trying to reason with an evil being . I don't know who you are bring back the real Lyn or we will have to scramble the Armada although I don't think it's at full strength yet .
    polly

ps Yes I know I wrote their rather than there :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:it's been a trying day !
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Forumite
    0 posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped!
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Perhaps you could be a GRENOUILLE or a FROSCHE? is a rose by any other name.....am I forgiven, Please, pretty please????? or you could be a baby one and be a PORRIWIGGLE??? cute huh?

Perhaps we're as mad as several boxes of MARCH HARES? would that be about equal to those hopping green amphibians in boxes? xxx.
  • edited 21 July 2017 at 3:27PM
    SunnyGirlSunnyGirl Forumite
    2.6K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 21 July 2017 at 3:27PM
    ivyleaf wrote: »
    Some of you may remember me being upset recently because I'd had an appointment letter for the eye clinic about hopefully getting rid of my cataracts, but the appointment wasn't until next March.

I've had a new letter this morning and my appointment is now next Saturday!
    When I rang to confirm the original appointment I was told the eventual date would be earlier than March, but I hadn't expected it to be as soon as this.

I don't know what happens if they think only one eye is bad enough to need an operation, (for which there will of course be another waiting list anyway) and of course they wouldn't do both eyes at the same time anyway - I suppose I'd have to have a plain lens put in that side of my glasses? Anyone know?

Ivyleaf my dad had his first eye done just last week and can see colours and brightness much more clearly. My Mum was the same when she had hers done a few years ago. I think that you can't get your glasses prescription renewed until both eyes have been operated on, as the prescription wouldn't be correct. My Mum ended up not even needing reading glasses afterwards, just distance ones.

Sorry that you're feeling low and hope your mood lifts soon xx
  • karcherkarcher Forumite
    2.1K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ivyleaf I'm really sorry you are feeling low. I can understand your impatience and frustrations. I do so hope your OH starts to get things in order soon. Take care and have a (((hug))) from me x
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
    3.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lyn I will happily be a March hair mad or otherwise . I was replying to your post and typed the 3 letter word beginning M and I ended up with a tiny narrow slither of a reply box at the left of the screen . I was only wondering if she had been feeling a twinge today each time colours or K words were written . Merely from a concern for her welfare of course . I'm not colouring , bolding or otherwise faffing until I feel safe to do so .
    I have spotted it Hair !!! For clarity A March Hair :D
    Nice to see the responses re Cataracts for Ivyleaf .
    I'm going in search of my missing punctuation fairy and shaking my head at the errors I've made today . It's gone very black here and rumbles in the distance , I was enjoying needing a cardigan but temperature is rising again . At least I had the best sleep in a long time last night .
    Monna and Hester seem quiet today , watch this space !!!
    Meanwhile I doubt it but has anyone heard from Softstuff . It's a long time since she lost contact so hope all is well over or under there .
    polly
  • edited 21 July 2017 at 4:00PM
    ivyleafivyleaf Forumite
    6.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 21 July 2017 at 4:00PM
    Thanks friends :) I've had to delete all my recent post because I couldn't get it to let me delete just part of it. I managed to explain to him why I'm feeling as I am, somehow without screaming at him that he was possibly in danger of being stabbed with the carving fork. He's in the garden now having a sit-down (he gets short of breath) after going through all the "stuff" and making a list (possibly checking it twice), so it's a start.

Thanks for all the helpful replies about cataract operations and their aftermath :)

pollyanna
    I too have been thinking about Softstuff lately. I hope she's all right. It's always worrying when a much-loved "forum friend" disappears.