PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!

Options

Comments

• ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 31 March 2018 at 4:58PM
    Options
    mardatha wrote: »
    Ivy's sister in law got wedged behind the radiator? erm..

:D No, don't worry mar, it was the dog. The spare bedroom's radiator in SIL's house is partly in front of a window, and the dog decided she fancied seeing what was going on outside, so she squeezed herself in between the radiator and the window, then couldn't get back out because it involved walking backwards while bending in the middle! Walking forwards didn't work because the window is in a recess, and the gap between the radiator and the wall was too narrow, so she got thoroughly stuck, with her front legs on top of the radiator where she'd tried to escape by climbing over the top.. SIL and I had to lift her out in the end, one at each end of her :rotfl:

I bet you wish you hadn't queried it now :D

ETA Hester - Did CHS bring the eggs, bread and milk?
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well, the weather doesnt improve does it? I did manage to get up to the shop and back in the dry but it was blummin cold.

Islandmaid, I've also bitten the bullet and ordered the sauces. Softstuff, if we dont like them you will feel the disapproving vibes emanating from this small island all the way across the globe.
    I maid. Good luck with polishing the sea for JackieO. I will certainly be doing a bit of sand sieving and I have seven maids with seven mops standing by ready to do their bit. (for the uninitiated, this is a line from "The Walrus and the Carpenter".)

I am feeling really relaxed having watched Easter from King's followed by Dads Army. Talk about from the sublime to the ridiculous. I am now recording Ballet Shoes. How I loved that book when I was growing up.

Ivyleaf, you are right, Millie is smooth haired. However, I think she must have an alter ego judging by the amount of hairs I have to vacuum up.

Time to do my hot water bottle, oust Millie off my bed and retire with my book. Not a bad life, is it?
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • MMF007
    MMF007 Posts: 1,375 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Chilli sauce, eh? Softstuff are you on commission? Or have you got shares in some toilet paper manufacturers??
    I have changed my work-life balance to a life-work balance. :grin:
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Options
    Good going blizzard outside now, road and garden gone white.
  • Softstuff
    Softstuff Posts: 3,086 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    MMF007 wrote: »
    Chilli sauce, eh? Softstuff are you on commission? Or have you got shares in some toilet paper manufacturers??

No, unfortunately neither, I always miss a trick that way :D I did notice a... er... increase in loo roll usage, the day we had it with breakfast, lunch and dinner.

When the sauce arrives Monna and Islandmaid, let me know and I'll give you my foolproof recipes, the ones that my hubby loves (so much so he drove 40 minutes each way to buy buckets of those sauces yesterday).

Weight update as of yesterday, I'm 3.1 kg down in total over 3 weeks. It's going well, I haven't gnawed anyone's arm off.

I can't believe it's still snowing there, stay warm Mardatha, hope the RV is improving still.
    Softstuff- Officially better than 007
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,522 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 1 April 2018 at 9:01AM
    Options
    :jWeight update as of yesterday, I'm 3.1 kg down in total over 3 weeks. It's going well, I haven't gnawed anyone's arm off.:j

Monna We've hit gold - it's magic weight loss paste :D :rotfl:

Chilled day with the family Roast Lamb on the menu with chocolate mousse cake for pud - all virtually calorie free :whistle:

Happy Easter everyone x
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Hard_Up_Hester Posts: 4,656 Forumite
    Options
    We finally have a few rain free hours.
    We will move on today even when the rain starts again.
    We need to get nearer to where we left the car so CHS can get to work on Tuesday and I can start castigating duties. Or even cat sitting duties!
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    Options
    Ah, Hester, I see you too are having 2fun" with your tablet :D

:j Happy Easter to everyone who's celebrating! :j i'm not at church this morning as I went last night.

can't type much today, the bulb in my reading light has stopped working, and it was changed only 3 days ago, and new ones are available only over the internet so I shall be quieter on here than usual as i can't see the keyboard very well :D
  • SuzieC
    Options
    Well it's taken me two months but l've found you all again. I started posting in February ( that word looks all wrong written down!) l only made a few posts but you were all very welcoming, then l got mysteriously locked out from logging in. It seemed to coincide with some kind of site change over, as you're looking very shiny and white on my iPad these days!

Yesterday ,stuck home with a cold and the rain beating down outside,l decided l wouldn't be beaten by my lack of computer savvy and started again with a whole new profile. The MSE site still clearly hates me because it wouldn't let me activate ..but this time l emailed the MSE help people ( previously l wimped out as l didn't want to make a fuss!) they helped me straight away saying there was a site glitch with activations and here l am !!!55357;!!!56832;

So l'm 56, carer for my youngest son who has autism, and started seriously getting frugal ( l've always had leanings that way!) after my husband's redundancy/heart problems three years ago. He's now cleared to work again but is finding it hard to get interviews, l suspect it's his age plus health history. l'm the poor wing of a wealthy family so l may occasionally post about this, will try not to be too tiresome!
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    No luck with charger. Most recent one disintegrated. Rammed a few bare wires in and enough charge if I'm brief. Oooh that's hard for me but you can all stop cheering.
    Welcome back SuzieC.
    Islandmaid,, "weight loss paste?" are you sure? I'll go back and order a tankerful.
    Better stop there. May be back briefly until I can lay my hands on yet another charger.

THOUGHT FOR EASTER SUNDAY.

Christ the Lord is risen today. A-a-a--a-a-lay-ay-loo-oo-yah!
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family