PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!

Options

Comments

• Softstuff
    Softstuff Posts: 3,086 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thank you Softstuff.
    True to form I caused a mini riot in the supermarket, I'll not sully the delicate ears on here with it, it's on my blog.
    Also true to form I have an ouchie, my foot was painful yesterday, my beloved offered to take my mind off the pain, he was successful to a degree until I decided to change position and wrench a ligament in my ankle!

He should have been holding onto your ankles Hester. Safety first ;)
    Softstuff- Officially better than 007
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Softstuff wrote: »
    He should have been holding onto your ankles Hester. Safety first ;)
    Oh Softstuff that did make me chuckle :D xx

Hester, just be thankful for having someone to potentially grab your ankles and attempt cheering you up by any means at their disposal. ;)...better than nowt :D xx
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
  • pollyanna_26
    pollyanna_26 Posts: 4,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    mardatha wrote: »
    Fuds, why can't you be more like me ?? Calm, cool, collected, slim, fit, healthy, great cook, terrific housekeeper, immaculate garden.. ;)
    I realise it must be hard but do try pet.
    mar you forgot to mention you are also a mistress of mendacity .

I hadn't read todays posts but caught up on Hesters last few blog posts earlier , have only just stopped choking with laughter at her two most recent posts on there . Must keep up with the thread :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Just keep on fuds , you'll get to a a balanced way . These things take time .

Hi to karcher , good to see you here .
    I've been trying to catch up elsewhere on the forum but will be back at some point tomorrow .
    Take care all .
    polly x
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • pollyanna_26
    pollyanna_26 Posts: 4,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    greenbee wrote: »
    Mar's garden always looks so immaculate and restful under that blanket of snow...
    I have a theory on that blanket of snow . It wouldn't surprise me if she has a snow machine for out of seasons use .
    She's the only one who knows where the bodies are buried and snow hides everything .
    The coal store avatar still sends a shiver down my spine !

I admit the thought " What would mar do ? " never crosses my mind . Thereby lies madness and sleepless nights .
    It's tiring enough being a combination of Miss Marple , Vera and a Mountie .

Someone tell me to go to bed . It's been a long day and I'm up stupidly early tomorrow .
    polly x
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • pandamonium
    Options
    Polly, go to bed. Oh looking at the time you probably have :D.

It's great to catch up and see all the positive news about house moves. I do hope everything goes well for those involved.

I actually feel that we have settled back into the home we were suppose to leave, but didn't (long story). Got round to starting on the garden today. A branch came off the buddlia that probably shouldn't have, but I'm sure it will grow back in time :o. The garden, tiny as it is, is ridiculously overgrown. We didn't do anything much with it last year, as we weren't staying here, but now we are we need to make the effort. Sadly I think the tenants before us had the same idea. Perhaps I should ask Mardatha for some gardening advice, or at least loan of the snow machine :D. Actually forget the snow machine, ours didn't even look tranquil under a blanket of snow.

Fuddle, as Polly says you will find a balance and sort out what works for you. Just remember it won't happen overnight.

Panda x
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,967 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I thought there was only one answer to the 'what would Mar do?' question

Eat sweeties :rotfl:
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • Softstuff
    Softstuff Posts: 3,086 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    VJsmum wrote: »

She maintains that simple facade, but, in my sketchy recollection, she's a biker chick, an assassin, a cat burglar and a lassooer of school children.

Reminds me a little of my mothers Godfather. He had a cracking sense of humour. When he was admitted into hospital, one of the nurses asked him what he had done for a living, he replied, completely deadpan, "cat burglar". She brought it up when we visited, half convinced he was serious. He was actually a dental technician. We think....
    Softstuff- Officially better than 007
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Options
    VJsmum wrote: »

Love it :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: You know me so well !!!
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Options
    Lemme give you a glimpse into my fabulous fun-filled exotic wild life.. The other day for example, there was some sort of kerfuffle next door. The RV and I are both dying - separately on our separate couches - so we just lay there and ignored it.
    Knock at door and in came the lady from next door up, she is separated from her hubby but comes back a few times a week to help him. His home help had gone to empty the bin and a rat had jumped out at her (she said at her but it probly hadn't.) She was currently on the kitchen table in hysterics, which would have helped enormously. Rosie said they didn't know if the rat was still in the house and would we come through and help look for it. I cheered up and decided I might not bother dying - and the RV went into shock. He does not like ratties.. :D
    Long story short, pest control man came saw and pronounced us all infested. We've to have poison put down and stop feeding the birds. And I love watching the RV gingerly creeping out last thing to get coal - you'd think Bruce Lee and the entire Apache nation were all out there waiting to get him, He does not like ratties :rotfl::rotfl:
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Mar's got hot and cold running Rolands!!!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback