PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!

Options

Comments

• Softstuff
    Softstuff Posts: 3,086 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Time to shrink the windows? :D

Monnagran, have you lost your frugal virtues? I'll be looking for a second hand straitjacket first before paying full retail. "Lightly used, one careful owner".:p As regards your cooking procrastination, were it not for the purpose that you're cooking for, I'd suggest procrastinating right through the event :o As it stands, I wish you a good days cooking.
    Softstuff- Officially better than 007
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    :D (((HUGS))) to you all, you lovely lot!
  • camelot1001
    Options
    At least I've only washed all the throws, I washed the door curtain a couple of years ago, that is now a window curtain. VJsmum, I feel your pain.

I have the window thingy charging, my intention is to clean the outside windows - unless something better comes up!
  • We had the best nights sleep in ages last night because I dug out the 15tog goose down duvets we bought when we lived in Germany nearly 30 years ago (where did the time go?) that have been in vacuum bags in storage since we came home and took off the heavy old blankets we've been using on top of the lighter tog duvets. Result was lightness and warmth and sleep, bliss! It's normally way too warm here to need that weight of duvet but I think we're going to be very glad we kept them in the next couple of weeks or so!
  • fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    Options
    DH went to the plot to make sure his wormery (fishing bait) would stand a chance through this next week of consistent snow and icy temps.

He was talking to my neighbour who was sowing seeds in his polytunnel and had just finished sowing peas outdoors. DH explained that we were looking at days worth of continued subzero temps. The neighbour showed DH the high temp of his polytunnel (it was sunny) and was c*ck sure in his gardening ability and his polytunnel that he didn't need to watch for the weather. DH saw for himself what I'm dealing with and has assured me it's not because I'm a woman, he's just arrogant and ignorant.

DH did say that he began mocking me, man to man, about how silly it is that I am being so stubborn in thinking I have any chance of growing anything on the open ground and that I should have a polytunnel. DH gave him sharp shrift 'man to man' and told him that it's my hobby and a start into living the way of life that I want. He told him that he needs to just let me get on with doing what I want, in a way that WE can afford. He told him that he was proud that he has a wife that spends her spare time working for our family, not spending his earning on bags and shoes. He left the plot fuming. He doesn't think he will have helped at all, infact because of this fella's personality we think its probably been made a little worse but I know now that what ever he says about what I shouldn't be doing I won't take it to heart because he's a gardener who doesn't even keep an eye on the weather forecast!

Moan over... well nearly. Kettle!
  • Cocketts
    Options
    THE ARCHERS:eek::eek::eek:
    Everything will be alright in the end - and if it's not alright, it's not the end ........
  • camelot1001
    Options
    Well done Mr fuddle! May your crops be twice the size of your neighbour's manhood.
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,424 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Fuddle Well said Mr Fuddle. At least horrible allotment man knows that Mr Fuddle has your back. Perhaps he will think before he says anything derogatory to you in future, so that he doesn't incur Mr Fuddle's wrath !
    VjsMum ooops about the curtains. Could you add a false hem perhaps in a contrasting colour ?
    My windows are filthy but I have a cunning plan as to how I get out of cleaning them. I'm having new windows fitted :rotfl:. They have been ordered but I'm not having then yet though, at least not until it warms up a bit, brrrrrrrrrrr !
    Hope everyone has a good day, whatever you're doing.
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,024 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I hope my halo doesn't slip and choke me - I've just cleaned all the windows!

I was sweating buckets doing the back of the house and needed a coat on to do the front. Really chilly out of the sun.
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Well done Mr Fuddle :T

VJ'smum I shrank the living room curtains when I washed them last summer so you are not alone. No halo here though as they are 17 years old and never been washed before!

Hello all, hope you are all well.

I am having a CBA day. Well CBA with anything other than eating..I am on some kind of comfort eating scoffathon and keep revisiting the cupboards and fridge to see what I can have next :o

I weighed myself yesterday and have put on half a stone..there's no wonder really, but I also blame my insomnia :(

I am so fed up of waking at 3 or 4am after only 3 or 4 hours sleep. I don't ever feel refreshed or that I've had enough sleep. It really is very draining and has been going on for so long now.

I have read 4 books in the last week during the early hours. Admittedly nothing taxing only free kindle books but 4 in a week is some going when I haven't been reading at any other time than when I am awake for hours over night.

Well I shall stop moaning and leave you all in peace.

Happy Sunday from a rather wrung out karcher x
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family