PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!

Options

Comments

• Chrystal
    Chrystal Posts: 1,856 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Hi Girls and thanks for the welcome.

I don't THINK I'm as mad as a box of frogs, but I do howl at the full moon every month, and I don't own a rolling pin but promise I'll buy one tomorrow and store it next to my broomstick.

Looking forward to getting to know you all. X
    I Believe.....
    That it isn't always enough, to be forgiven by others.
    Sometimes, you have to learn to forgive yourself.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery
    Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present.

happiness isn't achieved by getting extra things,
    but by getting rid of the things that make you unhappy
  • Knit_Witch
    Knit_Witch Posts: 4,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Chrystal wrote: »
    Hi Girls and thanks for the welcome.

I don't THINK I'm as mad as a box of frogs, but I do howl at the full moon every month, and I don't own a rolling pin but promise I'll buy one tomorrow and store it next to my broomstick.

Looking forward to getting to know you all. X

Yay! I'm not the only one that does that lol - oh and of course I HAD to get a rolling pin that matched my broomstick!
    Must use my stash up!
  • Hollyharvey
    Hollyharvey Posts: 1,939 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    MMF007 wrote: »
    Holly, would you happen to have any sugar-free bickies, only I'm low carbing?!
    Welcome :wave:
    I've got something that says it is a "low-carb protein bar" it's a free sample that was being handed out at Tesco. It looks like the elephant has sat on it and squashed it though :D
  • burtha
    burtha Posts: 903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi,
    Welcome to the newbies, sure you will fit in fine with the rest of us , this fence is made up of friendship,support,laughter and hysteria ..... with a couple of monkeys and a elephant , ......

Shattered tonight , let's see what tomorrow brings ,todays been rubbish , dh wage is now going into his own account ...unfortunately the bills come from the joint account ... lots of bounced bills , he has promised to pay them tomorrow , do I trust him ??? Think a trip back to solicitor may be needed ...
    On the plus side , I told him to expect a letter about the divorce ....
    And he is supposed to be spending time with kids tomorrow , let's see ...

Night all xx
    £223/ £250 GC
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Welcome newby fencers :)

Burtha I am furious on your behalf.
    It never ceases to amaze me how cruel people can be. Not only has he turned yours and the children's lives upside down overnight he is continuing to turn the knife as if to punish you for his wrongdoing :mad:
    I really hope your Solicitor is on the ball and ensures you get what is due to you. x
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
  • fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    edited 2 August 2017 at 6:18AM
    Options
    What I don't understand is that he's behaving like he has sour grapes and yet it's all been his choice. The titus and the chin need to be at the front of all you do. May you muster the strength to work towards cutting him from your life. I suppose getting your own bank account and transferring anything that is solely your financial responsibility can be a start eh? Leave the messy finances where they are and begin the shift towards nice, new, clear, in control financial independence.

Talking of bi focals t'other day, is there such a thing as short sighted glasses for distance and then clear for reading. This auld bird has very poor distance vision and wears glasses all the time but I'm now having to take my spectacles off to read. Its very annoying especially as I scrabble to find said spectacles if I need to move in hurry.

I have spring cabbage, spring greens (spring cabbage that I plan to just pick eatly) turnips and chard sown. I have a pile of years of rubbish to sort through consisting of wood and plastic, amongst other things, that were in the 'compost heap'. The worst of it is I'm no better as I started to fill my gifted compost bin this week, chucked my rabbits litter in and let go of the plastic bag straight in the bin. I have that to fish out today. Why not yesterday? Huge spider round the rim. :eek:
  • FairyPrincessk
    FairyPrincessk Posts: 2,439 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Morning all and welcome new joiners! What Monna forgot to tell you about the test is that there aren't any right answers, just a lot of wrong ones!

We had Delia's chilladas (lentil rissoles) for tea last night. We both really enjoy them but they take ages to make. OH is cooking tonight and something quick as we're book on the pilates class. I hope to get a walk in after lunch, but the weather doesn't look cooperative. Otherwise I'll be working from home today. The reference did get sorted in the end with some 'facilitating' on my part.

Burtha, try not to worry about the details and the what-ifs. He didn't pay the bills? Ok.--pass the info on to the solicitor, do what the solicitor says and then carry on looking after yourself and the children. I know that is much easier said than done, but he seems set to continue throwing the proverbial milk around and spilling it everywhere so there is no sense in you running after him with a cloth trying to mop it up, that is what the solicitor is for. It is starting to sound as if he wants you to react to his bad behavior. I expect better from school children!

Well, I'd better get back to work, I started early as I want to finish early! Hugs to all who need them.
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ah Fuddle, burtha's pita is acting like this because he has to justify, to himself and anyone else who will listen, what he has done. He can only do this by trying to heap blame on to the very people that he has hurt and make it appear that he is the victim and he had no choice in the matter. It's a well known ploy and has the double whammy of making himself look whiter than white and increasing the hurt to his victims by turning them into the persecutors.

burtha, get to that solicitor as soon as he is accepting phone calls this morning and don't trust the weasel an inch. Will be thinking of you and the children today and hoping against hope that he can drum up enough decency to do the right thing for them.

Hester, I have the same with one of my sons. I'll love him to my last breath but wouldn't trust him as far as I could see him. I don't think it is a mental health issue but more a personality thing. I thought it was all my fault - you know the everlasting maternal guilt - but have since found that many other people who I know to be wonderful mothers have the same problem. It's just life.

Welcome to HollyH and anyone else who fancies joining this motley crew. There will be an initiation ceremony but it is a work in progress as yet. I'll let you know when we have perfected it.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 2 August 2017 at 9:07AM
    Options
    Welcome to the thread Hollyharvey :)

burtha my lovely, I am :mad: :eek: :mad: :mad: at your stupid husband. thinking of you and your family xxx

FPk Glad you were able to get the reference sorted out!

Meant to say, fuddle, I'd arrange an eye test and see what the optometrist says :)
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,412 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Welcome Chrystal and apologies for not doing so last night. I'm blaming it on the fumes from the metal paint I was using on the garden bench. Unfortunately I may have to do a second coat today, so just a heads up as if I should come on here tonight uttering more nonsense, tell me to go to bed ! :rotfl:
    Burtha How dare he put you and your children in such a position :mad: . Hope your solicitor can get it sorted a.s.a.p. Many hugs to you and your little family.
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback