PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!

Options

Comments

• VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,968 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I'm the same with this thread - if it isn't on the front page I tend to not think about looking for it. It's a shame as it's always a lovely thread.

Note to self: must try harder.

Congratulations on the new grand babies mrs lw, how lovely.

Sorry for your sad anniversary, Hester.

I am still typing, deadline's been put back again so will be typing for longer.. But we plough on.
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • ginnyknit
    ginnyknit Posts: 3,718 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Morning all, been up since 8 am but not tired yet. Mrs LW did I say congrats on the new baby, so happy for you all. Hope Hubby is better now.

Hester hope alls ok with you too, so sorry to hear about Steve. Are you still on your boat?

Flipping rain again, and getting chilly now.
    Clearing the junk to travel light
    Saving every single penny.
    I will get my caravan
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Thanks Ginny, HWK is almost back to normal but his tum is still settling down and he gets tired 'all of a sudden' and just has to stop because he's run out of oomph and has to have a rest. Other than that he's back to normal. Thanks for the congrats, we sat DD1s little girl for the first time last night and she was as good as gold, we're visiting DD2 and the new baby boy on Tuesday then bringing my Zebra child back here for a couple of nights just because we can and because he wants to come xxx.
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Options
    Yes Ginny, we now have a widebeam rather than a narrowboat but we are still afloat. We are currently in the marina for the winter and I'm glad as the weather is bad, very windy and lots of rain.

I was hoping to get my machine out to start sewing again next week but it's not looking likely. Monday I'm looking after the dgcs whilst their mum's are at a funeral, Tuesday is stroke club, Wednesday shopping and laundrette, Thursday cooking for visitors who are coming to see Steve on Friday. Oh well maybe next week.
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • ginnyknit
    ginnyknit Posts: 3,718 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Ive really missed visiting here, glad I came back.

Mrs LW you are busy with the littlies arent you? Bit like me. My grand daughter is 4 and very interested in crafts, in fact she is rather good at them too. Ive started jewellery making and she loves my gemstones :T

Hester is the new boat better for you both? I don't know much about them. Sending much love to both of you.

Still busy emptying the house and apparently my brother is sending me the contents of his to distribute as I see fit. He's downsizing because my SIL is sulking as no one visits ( grand children mainly) so moving 20 miles from my Mum thus dumping it all on me. Not that I mind looking after my 89 year old Mum but its a 45 mile round trip and hubby isn't up to going often.

Been and bought myself 14 pairs of new knickers today as the old ones are falling apart - 10 years nearly so not bad (M&S of course). So Ive washed all my old ones ready to throw them away :rotfl:

Hugs to all
    Clearing the junk to travel light
    Saving every single penny.
    I will get my caravan
  • Nargleblast
    Nargleblast Posts: 10,762 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Ginnyknit, use your old knickers as cleaning cloths until they fall to bits - might as well get every last bit of life out of them.
    One life - your life - live it!
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,968 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Ginnyknit, use your old knickers as cleaning cloths until they fall to bits - might as well get every last bit of life out of them.

I do that, though I do cut out the gusset, (not really sure why as they are washed and I only use them to clean toilets, and then throw them).

Had a great morning watching the rugby though as a Wales fan (have Welsh blood) and a fan of South Africa the country, I am pleased about the result.

Glad HWK is pretty well back to normal. Hester, I see you are busy as ever.

I am still typing but buying myself time to step away occasionally. OH and I went out walking for the day on Tuesday which was a welcome break...

Have nice weekends, all
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,027 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Isn't it lovely having little ones around Mrs LW? I had two of the DGC here for the best part of a week over half term and visit DDs new little one nearly every day (their house is on the way home from work). I love it!

Hope everyone's well.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Oh yes Camelot, family is all, family is pleasure and family is love!
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Options
    Nargle, I don't find things make very good cleaning cloths!
    Chin up, Titus out.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure