PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!

Options

Comments

• ginnyknit
    ginnyknit Posts: 3,718 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Very quiet around here nowadays, everyone is busy, like me, I guess.

Had a few health problems and had to behave myself lately which is really boring. I will not give up pootling about because I'm liable to go crazy. Had some tests done Thursday then yesterday got an automated phone call from the hospital 'Important message for Ginnyknit ' immeadiate 10 second panic only to find it was a B&**^% survey!

Still emptying the house through a variety of tactics and have 3 parcels wending their way on Monday, little more money made and a couple of gifts sent. Next is a big bag to the CS. Managed to empty a kitchen cupboard yesterday and have filled it with cat food so I don't have to keep going all the way to Lidl.

Hope everyone is ticking over and getting through the day Hugs Ginny
    Clearing the junk to travel light
    Saving every single penny.
    I will get my caravan
  • silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hope you're on the mend now Ginny. Bah to the phone call, I'd have had the same reaction too - no good for the blood pressure!
    Nothing earth shattering going on here. I need to get my Arris in gear to clear out 'stuff' but at the moment I don't seem to have any enthusiasm for doing all the photography and descriptions :( I'll probably end up giving it to a CS just to get it out of the way!
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Options
    Went to bed, it was raining. Woke up for loo at 2am it was raining. Got up at 7 it was raining. Still raining. :(:(
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,032 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Still raining here too Mar.

There was a break in the weather so I've washed the upstairs windows inside and out, the spiders have had to find a new home!

Hope things get better for you ginny.

I'm playing catch up with the housework a I've spent so long in the garden - had a new deck built so had to clear rubble and make new beds. Just about done now and the skip has gone at last!
  • pollyanna_26
    pollyanna_26 Posts: 4,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    It's actually stopped raining about an hour ago here Mardymar. Seems more is on the way but a respite after so many days is welcome. I'm hoping the flooding outside the front and back doors may dry out with the weak bit of sun. I can't believe when I viewed this new build in the mid 70s I didn't notice the drive slopes towards the house and heavy rain collects near the entrance. I suspect the builders must have known it would be an issue as the front and back thresholds are very high which is a literal pain with the arthritis.

Glad to see you back as you rather than Ming Vase! My laptop has been pretty well rebuilt over the past year and there've been lots of times I've been without it. I've lost all my bookmarks with the hard drive change which is a nuisance. I promised to make a few of the Stormy Weather knitted shawls from Elaine Colliar's ( Memory Girls) blog and her site was hacked again . Had the instructions in the bookmarks and can't access the blog so if anyone has any idea where I can find the pattern I'd be grateful. I was losing the will to go on trawling through Stormy Weather shawls online, so many versions but none like the ones I knitted in the past.

I hope your health improves Ginny. I get lots of hospital calls and in the past few months some of them are from weird numbers which it seems are call centres. Over the past few weeks I've been getting smart meter calls and lots from Everest and it's annoying trawling through umpteen messages on the landline and googling the numbers that didn't leave a message to find the important calls.

Take care Fencers
    pollyx
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Options
    Nice to see you again Pollywolly! xxx
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    We have a new grandpickle, Keir Llewellyn Elys who was born on Friday at 0.34am and he and DD2 are both doing well and back at home!
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,032 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Congratulations Mrs LW!! Love the name, glad all is well. XX
  • meanmarie
    meanmarie Posts: 5,328 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Congratulations Mrs LW!

Marie
    Weight 08 February 86kg
  • Living_proof
    Living_proof Posts: 1,921 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    We have a new grandpickle, Keir Llewellyn Elys who was born on Friday at 0.34am and he and DD2 are both doing well and back at home!

Excellent! Congratulations to all. x Love the name but whilst they have the Irish, Welsh and English contributions what happened to the Scots? Maybe their surname is MacGregor!
    Solar Suntellite 250 x16 4kW Afore 3600TL dual 2KW E 2KW W no shade, DN15 March 14
    [SIZE Givenergy 9.5 battery added July 23
    [/SIZE]
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport