PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!

Options

Comments

• MingVase
    MingVase Posts: 1,238 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    I don't know who I am today. Or any other day really. But if that was me I'd have stuffed and framed those Harrods sausages!!
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Options
    Last time I went to Harrods they had a chap making pizza and singing opera.
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 7 September 2019 at 6:09PM
    Options
    We got the cyclamen for the hanging baskets today and also some winter pansies to cheer up the borders in the winter months, the big sunflowers are bent at the neck so we've harvested the heads and the seeds will feed the birds for the first part of the colder weather. I needed cold weather food last night so I made goulasch which was just what I needed, really hit the spot and there is enough left to have as a jacket potato filling for our supper tonight with a salad of all that goes crunch in the fridge drawer. I like that the evenings are drawing in and we need the lights on at 8ish and I'm even enjoying the cooler days too but the ground is still really warm, we walked to the arboretum this afternoon and could feel the heat radiating up from the ground under our feet as we walked the footpath, rather nice.

I've just pruned out all the dead stems from the plants in the border and given everything a good haircut and planted the pansies, it's looking very nice and bright, aren't pansies beautiful colours?
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,027 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    It would have been a perfect day for gardening and clearing the allotment but I was busy!

I went with DS1 and the DGC on a very big aircraft carrier that's just about to go on sea trials. Lovely afternoon and the children had a ball.
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Options
    That sounds great Camelot.
    Stroke Club today and my turn to cook, it was eventful with a flood and the electrics tripping out.
    Beano's first training class today he had a blast.
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • ginnyknit
    ginnyknit Posts: 3,718 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hello all, finally wrenched the lappy from hubby. I cant seem to access MSE on my tablet. Ticking along here if a little slowly as my arthritis rather cramps my style now.

Dgd started school last week so Im now free during term time and we only have them over night on a Wednesday now. Sadly their Daddy is rarely here and has a rich new girlfriend in Australia. She is actually rather good with the kids and came over for a few weeks but they soon !!!!!!ed off back to OZ.

Dd moved house a couple of weeks ago to a much better house with a huge back yard that's on two levels. The house has 3 bedrooms because Dgs really needed his own room as he likes silence.

Im still attempting to empty the house but its a slow process and nothing sells on fleabay in the summer but Im going to plough on now and restart the process. I will succeed.

Monna I do hope things get moving wth your new home. Burtha who ever got your ex either deserves a medal or her head needs testing :( Nargleblast Im so sorry for your sudden loss and hope you are looking after yourself xxx
    Clearing the junk to travel light
    Saving every single penny.
    I will get my caravan
  • camelot1001
    Options
    An update - DD had a baby girl yesterday afternoon, both doing well, she's beautiful!
  • Oh congratulations Camelot, welcome to the world little lady may you only know love and give love in return for all your days, bless you small person. Are you Nanna, Grandma, Nanny?
  • MingVase
    MingVase Posts: 1,238 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Yaaaay Granny Camelot!
  • Nargleblast
    Nargleblast Posts: 10,762 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Congratulations, Camelot, a new little warrior queen in the world. Enjoy!
    One life - your life - live it!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure