PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!

Options

Comments

• pandamonium
    Options
    ivyleaf wrote: »

burtha, pollyanna is right, your solicitor doesn't seem to be being very helpful! Maybe time to find a new one!

No doubt your solicitor will be presenting you with a substantial bill when all this is sorted. Maybe you should suggest he/she starts earning it.
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Options
    I had some very strange teachers too. History was 6ft4" Jesse James, who looked very like Basil Fawlty doing the silly walk. He would stalk around the classroom thumping his blackboard pointer on the floor then suddenly chuck the duster at some poor soul who wasn't paying attention. He got me hooked on history though :D
    A sadistic heifer of a cookery teacher put me off kitchens for life though.
  • wondercollie
    Options
    A few of my teachers were memorable.

In seventh grade, I had my first male teacher. I guess we were 12 years old and one year away from High School. He destroyed me. Sarcastic, nitpicking and just plain nasty. He stood out at our school because of his age and the fact that he was an Englishman, always wore tweed jackets and a tie. Looking back he would have come to teaching after WW2. It was one of the longest years of my life.

In grade 12 (17 years old), there was a wonderful South African. He had a lovely bottom. Highlight of the year was when he bent over to pick up something and split his navy blue trousers and had to spend the rest of the hour with his back to the blackboards.

The high school chemistry teacher was awesome. I remember making aspirin in his class and getting told off for recognizing the smell and blurting it out. We were had to make the molecule models and then cook up the product. The smell hit me and I knew what it was.

It's very cold today. WonderCollie is out in the yard with his bone. The butcher gave us most of a leg bone for him today.
  • burtha
    burtha Posts: 903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi , Yup , your all right about the solicitor, mine has just gone on leave so my case has been handed over to the head one now , so hopefully now change over has happened things will start to improve ...
    I'm looking at renting a house asap ... can't do this anymore , friends are helping out , viewing one thus week , and I don't care anymore about this one , whatever happens I can't be here now ... so let's wait and see . I'm not going to loose everything if I can help it and will fight with all I have , jyst need to be out of here to do that x
    £223/ £250 GC
  • pollyanna_26
    Options
    A few of my teachers were memorable.

In seventh grade, I had my first male teacher. I guess we were 12 years old and one year away from High School. He destroyed me. Sarcastic, nitpicking and just plain nasty. He stood out at our school because of his age and the fact that he was an Englishman, always wore tweed jackets and a tie. Looking back he would have come to teaching after WW2. It was one of the longest years of my life.

In grade 12 (17 years old), there was a wonderful South African. He had a lovely bottom. Highlight of the year was when he bent over to pick up something and split his navy blue trousers and had to spend the rest of the hour with his back to the blackboards.

The high school chemistry teacher was awesome. I remember making aspirin in his class and getting told off for recognizing the smell and blurting it out. We were had to make the molecule models and then cook up the product. The smell hit me and I knew what it was.

It's very cold today. WonderCollie is out in the yard with his bone. The butcher gave us most of a leg bone for him today.
    Speaking to some of those teachers brought in after the war there seemed to be a mix of those who welcomed the chance of a steady , respected career and some who possibly not suited became bitter and angry .
    A long time ago but I'm sorry you were bullied by the person who should have been there to encourage and inspire you .

When I was 5 I did a similar thing to the aspirin expose . Our head teacher who taught religion was talking about Calvary and spoke of the vinegar soaked sponge to taunt Jesus . I whispered to the girl next to me it would make him even thirstier and was told to stand up and repeat whatever nonsense I thought more important than the lesson so I did . It seems I'd spoiled her buildup and out came the cane and I had a sound beating . That's only one of two occasions I remember my mum taking on either nuns or priests and in some ways it helped but in others not.
    I'm laughing at the poor guy with his back to the blackboard bless him .

Happy to hear WC is keeping on keeping on .Meds are truly wonderful .

Well Mar you did have a couple of odd bods in school . Is the reason you call the awful Heifer of recent experience by that name a throwback to the school Heifer ? Maybe she's a reincarnation .
    I've just been watching the weather for next week so it's looking as though you'll need to start stoking the stove and hibernating . I haven't checked what Windy is saying though .

Time for bed when I can head upstairs . Good night all , sleep well .

pollyx
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • pollyanna_26
    Options
    burtha wrote: »
    Hi , Yup , your all right about the solicitor, mine has just gone on leave so my case has been handed over to the head one now , so hopefully now change over has happened things will start to improve ...
    I'm looking at renting a house asap ... can't do this anymore , friends are helping out , viewing one thus week , and I don't care anymore about this one , whatever happens I can't be here now ... so let's wait and see . I'm not going to loose everything if I can help it and will fight with all I have , jyst need to be out of here to do that x

That sounds much more positive burtha . You probably will benefit from dealing with the head solicitor , the other one sounded as much use as a chocolate fireguard . You've reached that point of not putting up with things any longer and I know from personal experience you need to get there before full motivation kicks in .

keep your chin up love and remember we're with you every step of the way . Now get to bed and try to sleep . You're going to need all the energy you can muster . Well done and good luck .

polly xxx
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • burtha
    burtha Posts: 903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thank you x
    £223/ £250 GC
  • silver-oldie
    Options
    School, the most terrible years of my life.
    If you walk at night no-one will see you cry.
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Options
    No Polly, it's just that heifer is a nicer word than cow. LOL!
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Options
    I hated school too, I was always being told But your mother is a teacher, you must be clever!
    Chin up, Titus out.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure