PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!

Options

Comments

• LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Jazee and MrsLW sorry, but I don't care for either jellybabies (contain gelatine) or liquorice allsorts (I can't abide liquorice). So you can have my share. ;)
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Oh goody what can I trade you Wolfie? I love liquorice, always have it's one of the very few sweeties that I can enthuse about.
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    The only sweeties I'm really bothered about are good old P0lo mints. :o I always have a pack of them in the car, and some in my handbag. ;)
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Burtha - thank you for letting us know how you are - glad DD is a bit more settled. Sorry 3MW is still being a Richard. :(
    MrsL - you can have my share of the Liquorice and Mar can have the jelly babies as long as I get the coffee creams :)
    Lunch was lovely although it was a continual supply of canapes - did duty and chatted to lots of people - of whom I've forgotten all their names lol!
    Monna I do hope you are in your own home before Christmas with your own things at long last. After all that time in storage it will be like Christmas opening all the boxes!
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    LW, when I was teaching I always had a good stack of Polos in my desk drawer. My classes and I had a saying that everything could be made better by a hug and a Polo. It worked too. On one occasion when a child had been very upset by a visiting ballet teacher, (the child was dyspraxic), the whole class was very distressed so we had a group hug, a mass dispensing of Polos and because they were still upset we all had another Polo. I'd probably be in prison if I was teaching now. But it worked.

Silvasava, I wonder what I will find is lurking in those boxes. Lots of books I know but possibly not much of any use. I certainly won't have anything to sit on for a bit.
    Glad you enjoyed your lunch.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • Nargleblast
    Nargleblast Posts: 10,762 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Polos are very useful if somebody is upset and in tears, because you physically cannot cry and eat at the same time.
    One life - your life - live it!
  • I happily donate any polos that come into my possession to you Wolfie, I can't abide them! Isn't it strange what we all like and dislike?
  • burtha
    burtha Posts: 903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Well , I'm just going to bed now , hopefully sleep a couple of hours ... last night I had a burst pipe , water everywhere ... kitchen 4 inches in water ... took about 20 mins till I could get it turned off ... soaked ... sure someone's sticking pins in me ....
    £223/ £250 GC
  • silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Oh Burtha - what a PITA. Is there anyone local who can give you a hand? I am so concerned for you and totally helpless in giving you any practical support. I'd send a hug but that's no help at all so sending you some strength to cope xxx
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Options
    Nice to see you Burtha, have a hug.

Christmas and Yule will be ignored here too, I used to love the lights, music and sparkle but it's lost its charm as CHS hates it so much.

The new Ben Aaronovich book arrived on my kindle yesterday so today I will be mostly reading.

I love licorice but not at the moment as I have a decidedly dicky tum, hey ho, it will settle soon.
    Chin up, Titus out.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure