We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Unsinkable

Options

Comments

• jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,485 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    You are doing really well! Good luck with February's targets :)
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    I like your 'good things' list. Something I am stealing for myself :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Will you get a tax rebate in May? Fingers crossed they make you permanent.

Sorry to hear about DS at school. Is he bored? Or under a bad influence? If not then it must be the dreaded teen hormones :eek:
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Will you get a tax rebate in May? Fingers crossed they make you permanent.

Sorry to hear about DS at school. Is he bored? Or under a bad influence? If not then it must be the dreaded teen hormones :eek:

No, the agency I am through at the moment pays weekly, so I put that in to the savings account. At the end of the month I pay myself what the previous company did and any extra goes into the other savings account. E.g old company paid £1234 pm, I accumulate £1543 at the end of the month with the agency, I would transfer £309 over.

I think with DS it's his hormones that are playing up, he's certainly no joy to live with at the moment :(
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I like your 'good things' list. Something I am stealing for myself :)

Steal away, I quite like it as it makes me think about what I could do to improve the following week.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    jwil wrote: »
    You are doing really well! Good luck with February's targets :)

Thanks jwil :)
  • WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Have a lovely day

Finally Friday :D x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Have a lovely day

Finally Friday :D x

You too lovely, Friday seemed like an age away :D x
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Afternoon,

DH picked his new car up and is in love with it, although it has more buttons than the starship Enterprise he says :rotfl: I'm looking forward to seeing it tonight.

Didn't bring my lunch in today...very naughty but I did try the Gregg's around the corner from site and it was yummy and hot and I thoroughly enjoyed it :D Do I feel guilty?...slightly but it is Friday.

Food ordered from Morrison's, that will be delivered tomorrow lunchtime. Apart from a few bits, I think I have covered the rest of the month.

Need to take DD to get her mug shot done for her passport, I can then fill the form out and order it ready for it to be handed in to the school in May.

DS needs a hair cut too, so will also do that in the afternoon.

Dinner tonight is beef casserole, we were going to have it earlier in the week but I wasn't organised enough. A lot of this week hasn't been that organised **rolls eyes**

My lovely colleague gave me some more eggs this week, I think I may need to buy some cooking bits and make a cake or something for site, definitely not something for this weekend as I'm making soup :)

I bought a pot of daffodils for my desk too this week £2 reduced in Asda, so a bit of Spring in the site office.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Just had a look at my spreadsheet and updated it accordingly.

Annoyingly, I haven't been doing any surveys this past couple of weeks and I am determined to sort it out.

One PA survey done and a bonus payment of £4.50 received :D one survey done for OP too.

Need to update my signature to reflect the new debt level, which I will do next.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport