We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Unsinkable

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Afternoon,

Glad things seem to have settled down now on the boards.

I'm feeling a bit more focussed now, I'm glad I wrote down what I did as this helped with my ramblings.

DD is off to her friends after school, pick her up at 6.30pm.

DS seems to have settled down a bit at school, just hope he keeps it up.

Not a NSD today as I bought my lunch.

Bank account checked and money moved over.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning,

DS has gone backwards with the detentions again, I swear that child is determined to make me grey :mad:

Lots to do this weekend.

DD is at her besties for a sleepover, so that entails an hours drive over to old place to drop her off. Whilst I'm over that way, I'm going to do the food shop then drive back.

Need to fill the car up and get money out for DD as she's going to Bluewater, shopping with bestie.

Need to do housework and ensure kids do homework etc

Weekly round up

Good things

Took my lunches to work 4/5 days
    Stuck to meal plan
    DH liked his presents
    Checked account and moved money over accordingly
    Managed some NSD's but lost count for January

Bad things

Only one AFD this week but some LAFD so not all bad
    Chased HMRC re tax
    Haven't had a walk in ages
    I'm sure there's more

DH picks his car up next Friday, the one downside is that the car tax will be £140py :eek: so need to get a budget in place for that, mines only £30.
  • debtaghh
    debtaghh Posts: 1,798 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning,

Sorry to hear about your ds, I have a 16 year old causing me to go grey too!

Well done on the taking your lunches to work, this must be saving you a fortune.

Have a lovely weekend x
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    DD dropped off, food shop done and a surprise visit to see my lovely friend and his wife, I was a bit shocked at how frail and old Mrs looks now, she was a bit confused too :( but on the upside, she's not been back in hospital for a long time.

Took a spin to see the old house and road and I'm definitely still glad we moved. Pick DD up at 4pm tomorrow.

DH has nearly done the washing.
  • Willowtree222
    Options
    Hi,

I saw the diary thing too. Some that I subscribed to had randomly disappeared, which is a bit worrying.

The positives are outweighing the negatives in your diary at the minute!
    September 2017 Debt = £25330

Starting afresh.

You can do anything if you put your mind to it. x
  • WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hope you've had a lovely weekend x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Thanks Nicnak :)

Dinner made, well the pie filling, need to prep the rest shortly and any left, I'll take to work tomorrow.

Aiming to get four AFD's this week, I've been lax with it and I'm not happy with myself.

Food shop done yesterday, got a few bits for work which I don't include.

Going to pick DD up shortly too.

Nothing much else to report.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hope you've had a lovely weekend x

Thanks lovely x
  • Willowtree222
    Options
    I!!!8217;m aiming for four AFDs too x
    September 2017 Debt = £25330

Starting afresh.

You can do anything if you put your mind to it. x
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Been slightly AWOL the last few days, needed to sort things out in the background.

Site is getting busy and will be getting busier over the next few weeks, the contract for the project has been agreed finally :j which is a good thing and I am hoping that they will take me on in May.

Finally I have been taxed :) the downside is that I won't quite accumulate as much 'extra' salary that I thought I would at the beginning, but that's fine as I can still use that money in May to pay the deposit off the BC for my car and there will be enough in there left over that I can pay DD's travel off for the next academic year.

Cue DH panicking about money, DH has been told what's what, so hopefully he won't worry too much now.

Need to keep with bringing my lunch to work and stopping drinking during the week.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport