Options
    Hope it's everything you want! X
    September 2017 Debt = £25330

Starting afresh.

You can do anything if you put your mind to it. x
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Afternoon,

Gosh it's flying by at the moment :o Sorry I've not had time to post.

Nice friendly bunch here on site and as things are fairly quiet on site, we leave early to beat the traffic on the M4....work however is busy and I am in my element :D

I have found that there is a Tesco (and a chippy) 5 mins walk from site and an Asda, that also incorporates a McD's & a Subway 5 min drive from site. Really need to reign things in :o

Not had chance to do any surveys, this past week but hoping once I get in to a proper routine, I'll be able to get them done again.

DH gets paid on Friday and we are hoping that his commission will clear the OD, I'm happy to leave a £500 buffer for 6 months to see if we will use it.

As I'm temp to perm, I get paid weekly and this I'm putting in the savings account until the month end, any surplus will be moved to the Principality account until I decide what to do with it. I'm thinking of building the 'pots' accounts up? so that next year won't be as harsh. Talking of payments I hope ex-company pay up at the end of the month or I will be ringing up my ex-line manager.
  • debtaghh
    debtaghh Posts: 1,794 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi , I’m glad your new job is going well, hope it carries on.
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Glad you like your new job purplemum, it all sounds very exciting and positive :).
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,141 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Glad the new job is going well :) Hope you don't have any issues with your wages from old job.
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Glad its going well, sounds like you will be happy there. Hope you get your wages from the last place sorted x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • Morning (just!)

I'm sorry that I've not had much chance to update things, but life/work is hectic...but hoping for a good balance.

The drive to site is good, despite the roadworks on the M4 and definitely beats a 2 hour commute to London and back every day. I'm sure that once Summer arrives, the journey will be more entertaining.

Not much to report MSE wise, waiting for DH's pay day on Friday. I'm eager to clear the OD and get some proper budgeting in place in 2018.

In need of the Christmas break now, we've got so much coming up before then that I want the rush to stop so I can enjoy it....it will be the first one in our new house :D

I have today changed my Nectar points in to vouchers, so we have £92.50 coming, so that and the Tesco vouchers will see sorted for Christmas and January :)

The parents are coming to visit on the 15th December and are bringing down washing powder and fabric softener as well as doing the present run, so that will save us some money, love them!

Survey wise, I've not had chance to do very much. PA has been stagnant for the past week and I'm waiting for 95p to clear then I can cash out. I'm waiting on OP money to hit the bank and PB is nearly at pay out, VO is slowly inching up, but again I've not had time to concentrate on that one.

IF I can hit pay out on PA, that plus the OP money will give me a nice £55 to pay off the Cap 1 card in time for Christmas.

I need to spend less time online this weekend and get the house in some kind or order for Christmas.

I need to alter my 218 list as a few things I have done already and I don't want to cheat myself next year.

**Stop the world I want to get off!!**
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Wannabe's November goals have inspired me to think about my December goals (thanks lovely!)

So what do I want to try and achieve in December:
    • Cap One card firmly under £500 mark
    • BC card under £5K mark
    • Sort goals out for January
    • Sort my 218 list ready for 2018 :D
    • Finish Christmas Shopping
    • Wrap any presents before Christmas Eve - will be a first for me :o
    • Post any presents that need posting before the cut off point - same as above :o
    • Write and post any cards before the cut off point - erm....as above :o
    • Try and get some surveys done
    • Bank saved money from SPC
    • Go through and sort 'pots' out
    • Meal plan
    • Try to keep an eye on the groceries
    • Get ready for 2018

Should keep me going...........
  • mummytogirls
    Options
    All is sounding very positive and organised with you PMO2 xx
    Mummytogirls x

• Seasidegal58
    Options
    You are very organised with your list pmo2. All sounding good.

Glad all looking positive for you on the new job. The non-commute alone must make such a difference.
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts