PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Options

Comments

• Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,173 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Hope you're OK, Kittikins.

1) Not a bad sleep.

2) Ploughing my way through the washing - dryer is still on now! Nearly all done, including bedding.

3) Hens well.

4) Decided to do a bit of geocaching and walked for 3 hours! Found 15.

5) Popped to Lidl for bread, milk and a bun and was charged £14. Turns out the lady had typed in 38 buns!

6) Did lots of cooking to use bits up from the fridge - lots of soup then 5 portions of macaroni cheese with courgette for the freezer.

7) Watched Casualty.
  • house_elf
    house_elf Posts: 1,073 Forumite
    edited 9 October 2017 at 6:19AM
    Options
    kitikinshope this is the start of a better week.:A

Yesterday

1. DD washing from Greece drying on the line. Suitcases finally empty and stored.

2. Gave DD a lift to town to get money from the bank. Had a free coffee using loyalty card.

3. IKEA for meatballs. Just me and DH. Got picture frames to frame Japan memorabilia. Having a change of wall art in the living room after 20 years of Pre Raphaelites.

4. Escape to the Chateau and a bit of quilting.:)

5. Woopsies in Tesco included 4 tubs of posh chocolate ice cream for 75p each!:j

Have a lovely Sunday. :)
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Skint_yet_Again Posts: 7,596 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 8 October 2017 at 7:39AM
    Options
    (((Hugs))) Kittikins be good to yourself and get some rest. x

MHags you amaze me with your energy and positive outlook. Another big change is on the way for you and your kids and I wish you all the best x

Frith - so motorbike has been purchased. How much was the insurance ?

I have been lurking but haven't posted for a while.
    Recent pleasures

1. I have a week off work :j
    2. some nice comfort food now the weather has turned wintry, pilchards on toast for breakfast, home made veg soup for lunch and curry for tea

3. puppy walks are starting to improve. No biting yesterday, the back of my trainers are grateful ! Any tips gratefully received !

4. still managing to mostly dry washing outside, but treated puppy bedding to a 20 minute blast in tumble dryer to get rid of any dampness before she slept on it. The rest can finish on airers overnight.

5. I have received my gas & electric bill and I am in credit which will help towards winter bills. Still no heating on yet but may have to relent soon and start to have it on for 15 minutes in the morning to get rid of the chill and dry towels after showering.
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good day yesterday.

1.Quiet morning DH was at work and DS2 came home muttered something and went to bed to only wake up to get ready to go to play rugby.

2. Caught a train to London with DH and met a family who I hadn't seen in a while. They were going to celebrate their eldest sons engagement. It was good catching up with all the news.

3. Had a quick walk round and looked in the Japanese sweet shop. They do look beautiful but are very expensive so didn't buy.

4. Had a meal and wine in a Greek restaurant. It was very enjoyable and good atmosphere and very busy.

5. Went to see The Barber of Seville at the ENO. It was excellent and only the second opera I had seen. DH booked the tickets (we were in the cheap seats) and told me it was a comedy and about 3 hours long. I was unsure whether I would enjoy it but I did.
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,647 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Better week wishes to Kittikins x

Saturday pleasures,

Woke up early so was at the yard and back by 8.30.

Made a decision over a difficult social engagement, weight off my mind.

Picked the last of the tomatoes and two batches of sauce made for freezer.

Back at the yard, chatting to friend and watching the rain coming across the fields.

Caught up with some tv, HIGNFY and Cold Feet, candles lit and a bar of G&B plain choc, yum.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    1) Up early today, housework done, ironing done, lunch sorted, two bay trees pruned, fire cleared and re-laid for tonight, apples simmering away in the slow cooker and He Who Knows is pressure washing the greenhouse!

2) Going to the farm shop when he's finished and to the garden centre for coffee on the way back.

3) Cooler again this morning, really smells or autumn outside too, love this time of year.

4) Much rugby on TV again today.....woohoo!

5) Going to ring the furniture shop tomorrow to see if they'd be interested in taking our 'old charm' pieces back as we're trying to shed some belongings prior to moving house. Will also be contacting the antique shop in a local village to see if they'd be interested in the denby set we have, grandmas old cutlery and the chest it's in and the studio dinner set we had made years ago and haven't used in all the time we've been here, interesting times!
  • Purple_kitten
    Purple_kitten Posts: 3,040 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hope you are ok KK.

A mix for the weekend

1 Clothes tidied, aka washing put away, clean bedding put on with old being washed and hung out and upstairs hoovered a pleasure to finish and sleep in clean bedding!!!

2 Ordered a pair of little boots for winter half price, purple, fluffy lining, just hope they are wide enough, free delivery and returns so can try them.

3 DH took me out for the evening for food and movie, we went to see the Kingsman on goupons and it was harmless.

4 A layin and grilled blt for brekkie.

5 I gathered things from the cupboards to see if I could make a Christmas cake but missing a few ingredients which I’ve listed the missing culprets out to get on the next shop next.

6 Pork roast joint with rosemary and tyme cooking away smelling lovely will be with apple sauce and veggies.

7 Some junk TV.

8 After dinner I will be doing phase 2 rosehip jelly to jars.

9 Healthy food planning for the week ahead, prawns out of the freezer.

10 As I type there are gentle reassuring snores from happy animals.
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,173 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Skint - father has completely taken over the motorbike organisation but I believe the insurance is £550 and bigger son will be paying in instalments.

Pleasures for today (Sunday).

1) Not a bad sleep.

2) Cooking continues! Meatballs today and a batch of particularly pleasant tomato sauce - straight into the freezer.

3) Went to see the hens. Still moulting so no eggs.

4) Hoovered and steamed the floors.

5) Watched old episodes of Gavin and Stacey.

6) Sons came back from their father's and smaller son has helped me make more sloe gin. Have also (nearly) got him to do 2 pieces of homework, which is a wonder. The new EHCP arrived yesterday and (drum roll) there is nothing I want to change!!! Usually they're awful, badly written - one report even had another child's name halfway through!

7) Another batch of crab apple jelly is underway.

8) Hoping to pop out and see the meteorites in a bit. Don't know how cloudy it is.
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,910 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    frith sloe gin nom nom
    1) Saturday bath shifted to Sunday due to park run - started reading Lewis trilogy. Very good so far
    2) got washing almost dry on the line, now finishing on airer
    3) devilled sausages from the 5 leftover. Forgotten fresh pineapple was still good so that went in
    4) then gbf came round and we walked the dogs (Bilbo has made it to this week's woman's weekly!)
    5) then over to the Byre in St. Andrews for Norma encore from the Met. Glad you enjoyed BoS laineyt Norma was fab.
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • milasavesmoney
    Options
    * Youngest daughter on FT coming back from wedding in Buffalo NY to Pennsylvania. She was responsible for helping bride get dressed, hair, makeup etc but brides grandma locked her out of the house where her dress was so she had to attend to the bride and see the wedding in shorts. We laughed and laughed. She had time before the reception to get grandma's keys and put on her $300 dress she had found on sale for the wedding. Polish families so lots of great traditions and polkas to enjoy dancing to. (She grew up two stepping because we live in The West) The reception was over at midnight so she chauffeured, as designated driver, the wedding party to a local bar. Bride went in her wedding dress and they were eating tacos at 3am. She loved the entire event right down to the tacos. She especially connected with grandma who had lost her husband two months earlier. Reported they were an all together lovely family.

* I'll be seeing this precious daughter come Friday when she flies into NM for her Nana's 90th birthday bash. A weekend of fun in Albuquerque and everyone will be able to also enjoy the Ballon Fiesta...a huge event there this time of year. LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING THIS GIRL!

* Just enough leftover stir fry for tonight's dinner. I made a lemon pound cake with lemon cream cheese frosting yesterday. Happy OH.

* Nothing on the schedule until Thursday. Hurray! I can catch up on house things.

* No air conditioning or heating on here. Our bills are so high in the summer it takes several months to catchup. Fingers crossed the weather holds until December.

* Dalziel and Pascoe now on season 6.
    Overprepare, then go with the flow.
    [Regina Brett]
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family