PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Options

Comments

• DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Ds's gf sad I was out and ds jealous of mrpiano cos he can play life on mars ds's gbf's fave song. Well ds get mrpiano to teach you!
    1) student got distinction for masters. Very very proud
    2) lovely walk round arboretum at Lunch with colleague
    3) yummy lift over chocolate cake
    4) mrpiano cooked scrummy chicken and couscous
    5) book club. Coffin road, excellent. Next 3 sorted. I'm sneak in December
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • milasavesmoney
    Options
    * Used up venison sausage someone gave us that's been in the freezer so long I don't remember who it was. Anyway, zuppa tuscano made in the crockpot and it turned out to be pretty good.

* My friend received good news with an excellent financial divorce settlement. No court! Settlement was offered and excepted through their attorneys. A great family dinner ensued at her sister's home and everyone was very relieved. It's been a traumatic two years for her and I'm so grateful this part has ended.

* My dear son who was refusing to be reevaluated for his Aspergers relented and went to the appointment. The woman was a very kind nice person so he came out of the 2 1/2 hr evaluation in an ok mood. Praise be!!

* Youngest daughter took 17 students to hear Michelle Obama speak about leadership etc in women. Says it was truly amazing and highly impacted her girls.

* Saw my 90 yr old XMIL and, as always, it was truly a pleasure. We will celebrate her birthday with a family reunion next weekend. My OH and I are attending. She loves my husband. Lovely family. The X won't be attending as he (and his wife) are still in prision for tax evasion. Idiot!

* Finally got the car we bought my son titled. A total of 8 1/2 hrs spent trying to accomplish something that should have taken 30 min. There's a hiring freeze on for the state motor vehicle department. Long lines doesn't even begin to describe it! We felt like we had won the lottery when our number was finally called!

I'm enjoying the doggy horsey stories you bunch are posting.
    Overprepare, then go with the flow.
    [Regina Brett]
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,648 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Ooh Mila looked up zuppa toscano, yum!

Friday pleasures,

Cold start but sunny day so two loads of washing dried on line.

More books added to winter library, including a PD James and a collection of short stories by S Hill.

Talking of which DB sent me link to R6 broadcast in which fav author R Hobb talks about her music tastes, on list to listen to.

Coming home and seeing two little doggy faces peeping over the garden gate, tails wagging, precious moments.

Also watched Gogglebox Frith am generally not squeamish but even I had to use cushion of protection re the bullocks eye :eek:
  • house_elf
    house_elf Posts: 1,073 Forumite
    Options
    Mila - Writing a post after yours seems like putting the Archers on after Dallas! I wish I could have gone with your daughter to see Michelle Obama speak. She is one of my heroines. When we went to Washington last year, I really hoped I would see her coming out of the Whitehouse!:o

1. I have applied for another job! Pleased that I have updated my personal statement, even if I don't get shortlisted.

2. The weather has been beautiful for the last two days on the school allotments. Both groups of students are working more as a team.

3. Watching one of the lads with severe learning difficulties planting Brussels sprouts with such care. Made me want to cry.

4. DD catching up with all her friends after being away, and making plans for BF to visit.

5. Catching up with friends at a birthday party. Too much red wine. DH disapproving. :o Sitting here drinking Chai to stave off a hangover! :rotfl:

Got woken up at 2am to go and collect DD from her night out as she had lost her purse, then 5am by DS who had forgotten his keys! What a night!

Have a lovely weekend :)
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Not an awful lot for Thursday -not a bad day but not great.
    Yesterday was much better.

1. Tidied the house quickly and changed the covers of the sofa and chairs. Most are already washed and dried.

2. Had a chat with a neighbour. Hadn't spoken to him in a while. Had a chat about rugby.

3. Walked to the station and went to Kew Gardens. Had lovely walk round. Some of the trees were stunning with the red leaves.

4. Walked back to Richmond and enjoyed watching some archery lessons that were taking place on London Welsh rugby pitches. Also liked looking at some of the houses.

5. Enjoyed the match and good that we won. I like the atmosphere on Friday nights under floodlights when it's full which It was yesterday.
  • Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    Options
    A really bad week in Kittikins land....but think it'll help me to list pleasures:

1. exOH has finally paid his maintenance

2. KW is taking me out to the cinema tonight

3. The NHS

4. My co-teacher

5. DD and KW who are helping me more than they know, even if I can't get it together to tell them.
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Kittikins hope life improves next week!

Well a very quiet day after a busy week.

Birthday chit chat with great niece. Now aged 6

Chat to friend from home.

Some nice dog walks .

Then slumped into a lazy couch potato, watched some catch up on iPad and that's about it. Kids in then kids out .

Have a good weekend.
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    Options
    Kittikins hugs to you and hope things improve.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 7 October 2017 at 8:50PM
    Options
    1) Successful trip to the city on the bus and the Grandpickles now have 2 x lovely warm pairs of pyjamas for Christmas.

2) Such fun on the river when I walked Cookie, sailing club juniors 'Kippers' out in dinghies sailing in circles, some older ones sail boarding and a couple paddle boarding standing up along with several younger ones 'squelching' back to the car with a parent absolutely dripping from head to toe having got the balance wrong.

3) Met out local ridge backs Sabie and Nandy who are gentle giants and the nicest of dogs, always a pleasure.

4) Trip to the whole foods shop and found some sprouted rye bread which I've previously only been able to import after trips to DD2, !

5) Much rugby on the TV, waiting for one match to end that is being recorded before sitting down with a cuppa to watch the next which I think is Stadt France vs Montpelier and should be a blinder!!!
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    PM2BOPGood result all round
    1) first ever park run. Really enjoyed it. Dd2 and I walked it in 47 minutes (physio says not to jog till knee totally recovered)
    2) gbf met us on the final stretch and treated us to bacon rolls and hot drinks
    3) weather gorgeous - we sat out in the garden when we got back
    4) snorkers down from £3 to 74p for 10. Bought 2 packs which are now cooking along with hm apple crumble.
    5) friend's fb post made me laugh - she'd typed creme anglaise and it had autocorrected to crime Anglican
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure