Forum Home» Old Style MoneySaving

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3 - Page 720

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

edited 18 July 2017 at 10:40AM in Old Style MoneySaving
12.1K replies 825.6K views

Replies

• mhagstermhagster Forumite
    3.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bedtime .

Just been moving furniture around (again) red sofas back in family room & duck egg sofas back in lounge.

Worked 9-12 . Was fine.

Cleaner was in. Tidy.

Went down to allotment with dog. Found a toad amongst the weeds . I may have screamed slightly.

Made meatballs & tomato sauce with spaghetti .

Then decided on the big furniture move!
  • DundeeDollDundeeDoll Forumite
    4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    1) DD2 had 8am shift so got a lift in for early start
    2) gbf invited me out for lunch. We went to a new middle eastern place and had shish (me lamb him chicken). scrummy
    3) then went to his hearing test. fascinating.
    4) dad was discharged from hospital without have the bypass on his leg. the ultrasound scan showed improvement in circulation :D
    5) after supper dd2 and i took the boys for a long walk through the nature reserve. just back. she's given me her old fitbit so i can see today i have done 12km
    I may not be there yet but I'm closer than I was yesterday
  • FrithFrith Forumite
    6.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    What a busy day!

1) Interview was bearable. I can never think of enough to say. They are still interviewing next week.

2) Had a sausage sandwich in the local caf!.

3) Sainsburys.

4) Hens OK.

5) Still doing jobs before bigger son gets home. Tidied, cleaned kitchen a bit more, swept up outside, cleaned the windows.

6) Posted Ebay sale.

7) Spent a good hour trying to sort smaller son's college bus pass out. Might be nearly there now!

8) Another hour of faffing after a three week wait for Apple to unlock my phone... it's finally working now. Managed to also unlock smaller son's old phone, put it on Ebay (screen is smashed) and it sold immediately for £90!

9) Smaller son and I had a quick game of football.
    Never took piano lessons
    But baby you're a grand
    And I will learn to play the good notes
    And tune you up the best I can
  • Purple_kittenPurple_kitten Forumite
    2.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some very domestic pleasures.
    1 I pottered in the garden, feeding and watering the tomatoes and tying them up, refreshing the bird food and water, and feeding the fish.
    2 A grilled bacon roll for lunch.
    3 Line dried washing
    4 Used a vouched and ordered in, suffering cba, enough left for lunch tomorrow.
    5 Made plans to finish packing the kitchen tomorrow, and it sounds like DH wants to remove the top units.
  • LaineyTLaineyT Forumite
    3.3K posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thursday pleasures,

Busy day but looking around not too much to show for it, just loads of errands run.

Into village to visit c**p and take advantage of meal deal plus voucher, the fish & chip van was in the car park and oh the temptation but managed to stand firm mainly done to number 4.

Oil delivery, taking advantage of the lower summer prices and tank now full, winter prepping!

Out for family meal, lovely evening, saw youngest DN’s new home and met her chap, both charming.

Driving home guided home by the big full moon, sat up with small dog for a while and watched a bit of Micky Flanagan, very rude but oh so funny.
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • villagelifevillagelife Forumite
    2.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    For Thursday

1. Work ok. Worked with nice colleague. Heard someone else is going to be leaving.

2. DH given some lovely homemade cake. They were delicious.

3. Washing dried on the line. I did think we would get rain.

4. Took lunch to work again. It is much nicer than buying.

5. Enjoying my book.
  • juliettetjuliettet Forumite
    722 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭
    1. Bedding & towels line dried yesterday.
    2. Box of tomatoes from commercial grower along the road. Smells like Summer.
    3. The rain this morning certainly tested the guttering. All well.
    4. Small Daisy cat nudging me to get up.
    5. Edinburgh Book Festival tomorrow. Cannot wait.

I hope Sue is ok.
  • Blackbeard_of_PerranporthBlackbeard_of_Perranporth Forumite
    7.3K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Back at the mill and we is sore tin out the talk. Well how one box talks to the other. Is like magic sometimes! Well is POETS Day and we can damp down the fires.

Weakened again, and Raffles needs his coat combing. He was fed elsewhere this morning! Annoying, you should not feed other peoples pets, we can do it ourselves. He is not starving even though he looks like he wants food!

Day 9. Wells it is town tonight and a Thai. Wobbleade as well. There, Big Warster train home. Got it?
    We have. Tomorrow who knows. Oh BoPsie has her goggle test and hair do. BoP just grooms and clips his claws tomorrow.

Will build the models tomorrow or …

PM2DD Wes playing down the road at the grass eaters? I don’t know.

Well the Typhoon has its wings on, so …

Red on the web of intrigue that is just a hundred years ago that the US Fleet sailed through the Panama Canal to San Francisco. Thus, making the US a pacific facing nation, with its growth now in California, rather than that on the east that bore much troubles from the old world? Today the largest economies are around the Pacific Rim, rather than our Roman economy based on the limitations of the Mediterranean Sea! So having been to California, I can see why!

The Killing Fields have claimed their one?

Good news that the bucket of tar is being used this week down under us!
    Cardiac Arrest - Electrical - Patient unconscious! Heart Attack - Plumbing - Patient conscious!
    Defibrillators Cannot Cure a Heart Attack!
  • mhagstermhagster Forumite
    3.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bedtime.

Work 9-12 was fine.

Had a therapeutic neck and back massage...nowt relaxing about it! Ow. Ooh. Aargh! But it helps. Back in a fortnight and because I'm working I can afford it.

Brief in and straight back out to pay a deposit at local florist for a Christmas event. Nipped into M&S and then charity shop where I got a very long set of curtains. Not sure what colour you'd call them? Stone? Darker than beige but not brown? Anyway...perfect for the lounge, they pool in a nice puddle of fabric at the bottom and are a nice material and are lined. £8.99. And a wicker hamper /picnic basket that some lucky person has a gift of chocolate in for £2.99 I now have a couple of blankets. And a very pretty mirror that will most likely go in the spare room when it has a makeover soon!

Offered up 2 armchairs for free. Can't donate as they're Australian so no UK fire safety tag. Friend said she'd take one chair so we woman-handled it out into her car. One down ...one more to go!

Nephew in law called in after work so made him an omelette for his tea .

The rest of the niecelys arrived an hour later. Baby smiles and chortles.

Lay on sofa in lounge and watched the clouds scud by. Been a day of much weather!
  • DundeeDollDundeeDoll Forumite
    4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    TFIF
    1) walked in in the rain. my goodness my hair was wet, but raincoat kept out the wet
    2) very good meeting :D:D:D
    3) last of mrpiano's avocados with salad for lunch
    4) after work phoenix with friends then up to mennies with other friends
    5) dd1 is coming back to play at a ceilidh. her train gets in in 60 minutes. can't wait!
    I may not be there yet but I'm closer than I was yesterday