PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Comments

• Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,154 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Have run out of hayfever tablets, which isn't great.

Pleasures for today (Sunday).

1) A lie in.

2) Porridge for breakfast and for the hens.

3) Did a bit more in the garden. I keep finding trees that have self-seeded so I dig them up and pot them. Planted out 4 more sunflowers that have got too big for their pot.

4) Made a tray of Belgian buns to eat during the England match. I find making bread dough a bit of a faff and also found I had no dried mixed fruit! I made do with chopped apricots and dates with some ground almonds and I think that was better than usual.

5) Watched Top Gear.

6) Did various jobs round the house.

7) Messages from bigger son and a nice photo of him standing at a blackboard teaching teenagers English. I like to think there will be a small corner of Nepal where children have a Welsh Marches accent. :-D
  • Purple_kitten
    Purple_kitten Posts: 3,031 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I had a terrible night’s sleep as 2 of the animals decided to start squabbling, with another being sick all over the place the joys of animals sometimes!

1 All of the ferret bedding, our bedding and duvet airing on the line.
    2 Fresh fruit smoothies from the box earlier this week, and the rest in the dehydrator
    3 Planted out tomatoes and courgettes, cucumber and other flower plants, happy to see the poached egg plants up and beautiful.
    4 It was nice to see the in laws yesterday, they loaded me up with all of today’s planting, MIL has the greenest fingers and the most amazing cottage garden.
    5 I’m looking forward to a bath.
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    1. Went to look round Sissinghurst which looked lively. The roses were spectacular. The weather was good.

2. Spent time in the garden. Looks tidier than it did.

3. Saw next doors neighbours new grandson. He is so sweet.

4. DS2 watching women's football and getting us involved as he would in mens.

5. DS1 went to the gym again. It gets him out of the house.
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,636 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Ooh I use to love my Jackie magazine DD thanks for reminding.

Sunday pleasures,

Up early and a walk around the garden in my PJ’s, it seems like there is something new every day.

Bacon butties and catching up on all things Ambridge.

Went over to the yard and gave equine girlie a groom in her field, it was hot and I regretted not putting suncream on my shoulders which were red by teatime, having lived in this skin for 50 odd years you would have thought I’d have learnt by now!

Both of our honeysuckle bushes are out in flower so the smell of them as you come through the garden gate.

Mama Blackbird having her bath and several sparrows were underneath showering in the drops.

Watched the footie, proud of the way our players kept their dignity in spite of everything that was going on.
  • PM2DD Wide Eyed is the BoP waiting for the takeover! I feel the fear awaiting for the Gimps and the Scooonts! It is Eat, Shutes and Leaves! Is going to be a big one on 21st December! That is if the owner of the rusting bus shelter is still there!
    Frith. Vic or local honey. Them tablets only keep the pharmacist palms greasy!

Well as BoP had to pay in excess for his trip to see Donny, despotic was exceptional, I had to wait an age for mes bank to text me this day to say we have not got any cash in the mattress. Good job me other piggy bank at the society is taking money off their customers and flinging it in our direction. BoPsie unfortunately this morn could not raid the point of machined cash and had too make do with the remains of BoP’s wallet! As BoP is good on Fryday nite, we has pennies left.

There, that is what it is like to have your hard earned cash working for you. And in the boiler room it is good to use the shovels to move it around!

On about boiler rooms, I has the fake ISP ring me up on SatDay saying I is to be disconnected! I kept them on the phone for thirty minutes while I tried to understand that my ad blocker would not let me onto their so called phishing site! That meant in that thirty minutes, she could not scam somebody. Please be aware of this. Please don’t talk to them if you is not used to the heat inn the boiler room, leaf it to professionals like BoP!

Yestday we had the mean bean chili for tea with proper long grain boiled rice. Right tasty is was and good for yous. It had beans, not bored bins, sweetcorn, toms, tinned toms, minced beef, mushrooms, peppers and the lot. Spinach as added for colour. There is enuff left over for loads of suppers. Rite tasty! As I was inn emporium yesterdays I gets us some Tagatelly pasta, tonites supper is going to be spectacular! More on this in the morrow!

After that we had strawbs and ice cream with the ripple of rapsberries in it. Nice!
    While inn the emporium I noticed that the cakes of Jaffa weres on offer! We bought said cakes of Jaffa!

Watched some more Jeff Ross on the flix of net last nite. Not good for your granny as it is a bit cursed.

Now say withs me toms and doings me ditty!

PM2DD Again. We had a motto from 44(R) Squadron that cannot be reprinted inn this parish, but …

Difficile est saturam non scribere
  • DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,906 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Odd how Naughty Step will not translate into Latin (via Google Translate, anyway).

OS Pleasures anyway
    A pair of horn combs, ideal for the longhair & beautifully finished, found in a charity shop & their material clarified by the wizardry of Google Translate!

Weather cooperative with line dried bath towels - ah, that fresh clean scratchy goodness...

I picked up a small tray of dates. I find they have been stuffed with almonds and are delicious.

The “Deep Sorriness Atonement Song” - a chunk of poetry by Glyn Maxwell that every child should learn as a potential Get Out Of Jail Free talent.

I must be in a silly mood “please can you bring up the trifle?” has me pondering what is it’s bedtime & how do you instill moral values? Let alone to what school & what do you do for uniform....

Day off tomorrow to go see how my parents are doing. All strength Broomstick!
  • DfV!
    Quod Gradus Injuriosum

Not on google, it tracks you!
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,903 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 24 June 2019 at 11:03PM
    Nemo repente fuit tur!!!!imus. (haha it didn't like pi$$ in turpi$$imus)
    For yesterday
    1) Corpus Christi followed by lunch with friends i don't see enough of
    2) then he and i walked their dog round City Quay while she did a bit of primarni
    3) then we sat on their balcony and drank tea. They are moving to Glasgow :-(
    4) then Compline
    5) then dd2 arrived to give me a lift home
    And for today
    1) nothing needed doing at the dentist yay
    2) lunch was left over bbq chicken drumsticks which i had sensibly rescued end of the evening
    3) got home in time for the gf of the son of a friend of a friend to arrive - she is doing a phd and needs to be up in dundee for 4 nights
    4) turns out i know her supervisor
    5) vestry. very long so the mse pleasure is getting home to mashed banana on toast. the simple things :P
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,154 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Quick pleasures for today as tired now.

1) Good to get up after a maximum of 2 hours sleep. :-O

2) Work went OK.

3) Hens OK.

4) Made a pizza from scratch plus cous cous salad.

5) Tidied up including cleaning the kitchen.

6) School friend phoned and she will pop over tomorrow.
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,903 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    maybe gradus injuriosum retines dfv sadly my latin stopped at virgil's bees and, so far as i remember, they were never on the naughty step!
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure