PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Options

Comments

• DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,905 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks mhags a very worthwhile charity
    Well I didn;t win the £121 million lottery. Then again I didn;t buy a ticket so not surprising lol. Can;t even imagine that sort of money
    1) nice walk in
    2) yummy hm lunch
    3) yummy supper of leftovers as off tomorrow for just over a week
    4) the changes I implemented 2016 are now impacting masters numbers. Looks like this year we;ll go from 40 to over 100 dissertation students! Lucky we have new staff starting soon :-)
    5) good vestry. Climate change grant project underway - we have 65 candles now along the cathedral sills - each one representing £100. We are currently interviewing for a new bishop. Consecration September. Depending on other monies we need something between 10 and 15k which will be a lot of candles. Am hoping we have them all ready to light for the new bishop :-)
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • Purple_kitten
    Purple_kitten Posts: 3,037 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    DD congratulations on the new job.:beer:

1 Intermittently online new provider found.
    2 Spring flowers gorgeous, I know most but not all yet.
    3 Mowing and maintaining DF's I left a patch which seemed to be moving with wildlife, enjoyed just sitting in the big garden between showers.
    4 Mulled over pond work to be done next time.
    5 House is tidy.
  • house_elf
    house_elf Posts: 1,073 Forumite
    Options
    Good Morning

1. Enjoyed planning to make Crusader shields with Y8, but had to leave them to it, as had a meeting.

2. Got mentioned as a special person in a list made by one of the students on my case load.

3. Managed to secure extra funding for another student.

4. Meal out with family for DD birthday and DH birthday. (Week apart).

5. DD has managed to get a few days work this week, so might be ok for money until she starts her next contract.

Had the back door open to listen to the birds chirping, and doggy has just run down the garden to chase off Mr Fox again. :T she is very proud of herself. :cool:

Gardening at the allotment today, with my group.

Have a lovely day. :)
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    1. Lovely walks to and from the bus and didn't get wet.

2. Found time to have a talk with a friend who needed to offload at work. Normally on Wednesdays we don't have time .

3. Watered nematodes into the garden. Hopefully less slugs soon.

4. DS2 out so had salmon for tea.

5. Early night.
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,642 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Wednesday pleasures,

The rain didn’t arrive until mid afternoon so washing dried on the line.

House cleaned and mount ironmore cleared ahead of going away on Friday, I like to leave a tidy house to come home to.

Lovely farrier came to do Lu’s feet, good chat about everything from world politics to nasty Italian footie supporters. My girlie was perfect for him if you ignore the resting of her head on his back whilst he worked!

Farm shop snorkers for tea with cheesy beans.

Finally caught up on Only Connect and Uni Challenge, go Cambridge :D
  • Blackbeard_of_Perranporth
    Options
    VJ Snorker and black pudding! Proper breakfast and none of that sugar infused flake of wheat stuff!

V You nose it when it gets dumped on your palate. Has to write the cloth patterns that we need for our next batch of shirts we are making at the mill! Knit one, purl one! Anyway we have to keep the wolf from the sheep to protect the cloth

4 More puppy fat was trimmed in the gym yesterday. Nearly ready for Anderby Creek! Don’t know whether I should get gold Speedo’s

3 Now as you know BoP is inn charge of the lunch box in recent times, as it somehow takes BoPsie longer to shower than BoP the Sit, Shave and Shower! In his packed lunch boxes today are the usual cheese

2 Just got the last of the curry that was done a few yonks back out of the freezer ready for tomorrow night. Again we shall be splashing BoPsie’s cash. For those worried about money things and the fact that BoP is readily and wantonly splashing BoPsie’s cash, please be afraid. Well, in fact it was inn the papers this weak, that after twenty years, it is … No, it goes into the same bucket every week, and most is swallowed up by the mortgage!

Another missive of your version of the Life of BoP tomorrow!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    1) I can see the bottom of the ironing basket.....hoorah about bloomin time too!

2) A day for me as He Who Knows has gone fishing.

3) Peace and quiet and no TV or radio, bliss!

4) Lie in and a cuppa this morning, again bliss!

5) House back to viewing tidiness again .....now all I need is some viewers, bit short on the ground since we first went on the market.
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,218 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    A day of very heavy showers today and blooming cold. Hat, scarf and gloves on!

The dog looking at me saying 'seriously?, we're going out in this?' Yes, dog. Needs must. You need and I must.

Friend kindly went out her way to pick Dd2 up this morning. Dropped us off at her work end of town. DD had a GP appointment. Saved on bus fare

Bus back home and didn't have to wait too long. Our bus station is a bit scary!

Then after a quick dog walk it was back round to mums to declutter again. The spare room has been filled with stuff for a long time and piles upon piles of stuff. Have done about 6 bags for charity. One for rubbish and one for recycling. Back tomorrow . 3.5 hours was more than enough. Still much, much more to do. She does not identify herself as a 'real' hoarder...they have piles of stuff around them...ahem, have you looked recently? It's not a task for the fainthearted. We managed to open a wardrobe that has been blocked off for years. Anyway...enough done for today. Found some lovely photos. I was slim and young once!

Walked down to pharmacy for prescriptions. Picked up some cake baking stuff in T. I'm making my friends daughters birthday cake this evening for a suprise tea tomorrow

Had an omelette as a very early tea. Was absolutely starving!

Car back. Money paid. Thankful I have enough spare to pay and it's not a big hardship.

Need to bake, decorate a cake and walk a dog this evening.
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,163 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Pleasures for today (Thursday)

1) Not a bad sleep.

2) Hens well.

3) Went to my sister's for lunch and to see her new improved hen pen.

4) Smaller son made panna cotta at school with raspberry coulis and shortbread biscuits - very nice!

5) Went to a National Citizen Scheme meeting to find out where bigger son will be going.

6) Just watched Ambulance.
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,905 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    1) sunny day. managed to wash my smalls, spin, dry on line and have packed for 9:50. mum picked me up and took me to station and i left my case with her cos she was driving down later to same B&B
    2) also managed to dye my hair
    3) lovely train journey down to edinburgh with colleague to conference centre
    4) fire alarm during conference. we all trudged out and i met colleague who was 2nd in line for job i got. we had a fab talk and have started planning
    5) dinner tonight - great talk with people round the table.
    now back at B&B. collected suitcase from mum who is in same b&b cos we're doing a weekend gathering. have just been sent to bed. ok so it's half eleven and conference starts at 9 so she may have a point.... night all xxx
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure