Forum Home» Old Style MoneySaving

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3 - Page 167

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

edited 18 July 2017 at 10:40AM in Old Style MoneySaving
12.2K replies 825.8K views

Replies

• edited 2 January 2018 at 12:50AM
    FrithFrith Forumite
    6.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 2 January 2018 at 12:50AM
    Uni of Worcester big on nursing, DfV.

Quick pleasures for today (NYD)

1) Woken by bigger son coming home at 9am. Then we all went back to sleep!

2) Smaller son enjoyed going to watch his team play football.

3) I took my brother to watch my mum and dad providing the music for morris dancing. My sister, brother in law and niece were also there plus second set of parents and their 3 sons! Good to meet them all - rare we are all in the same place at the same time.

4) Hens well and one egg today.

5) Burgers for tea.

6) Watched Sceptre.
    Never took piano lessons
    But baby you're a grand
    And I will learn to play the good notes
    And tune you up the best I can
  • Mrs_Salad_DodgerMrs_Salad_Dodger Forumite
    2.6K posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lost my post - token ran out? Help please?
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives.

Savings Pot Challenge 1.10.20 to 31.12.20: £5.50 to 01.11.20
  • Mrs_Salad_DodgerMrs_Salad_Dodger Forumite
    2.6K posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭

I have managed to get back on I hope but what is this token thingy?

NYD pleasures

1. 2 sewing boxes into shiny new one (XMas pressie from DH) - old cardboard & plastic one disposed of appropriately + other one to be cleaned & donated to cs suitably filled as have found 3rd large sewing box (minus its legs) to be sorted & emptied

2. Last of bubble& squeak and Snorkers for dinner.

3. Decluttered half an apple & berry pie with custard - nom nom nom

4. Sent DH to sm - he was happy as sm NOT crowded

5. FINALLY started Kondoing wardrobe - one carrier bag for cs/mission

6. Reading other posters os pleasures.

Happy New Year one and all!
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives.

Savings Pot Challenge 1.10.20 to 31.12.20: £5.50 to 01.11.20
  • mhagstermhagster Forumite
    3.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good morning, it's early but birds are singing already.

Mrs SD I've had that before but I think it's a time thing. If you've had the thread you're replying on open for a while then reply, so I now always refresh screen before I start typing. Losing a post is very frustrating.

Monday pleasures

A bracing walk at the beach. We have about a 15 minute drive which is much better than a 90 minute drive in Melbourne . Haggis had much fun, we all enjoyed seeing him run madly . Met the tiniest 13 week daschund puppy. Gorgeous .

Home and lunch of slice sausage sandwiches. And a tattie scone.

Floors were washed. This is a continual thing. All downstairs is either wood or tiles add in a muddy dog & some muddy shoes . Anyway it all looked better briefly .

Friend/ neighbour popped in to see how I was. Going dog walking this morning.

NYD dinner of steak pie , meat done in slow cooker to perfection & enough left over for the base of another pie now in freezer. Served with roast spuds & parsnips from my freezer collection and carrots, peas and done l/o braised red cabbage from freezer . Just the 3 of us as DD1 still away.

Tok a free month trial of Netflix . You'd think I'd given DD2 the world!

Have a good day :)
  • villagelifevillagelife Forumite
    2.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. Warm weather and the sun felt warm. Back home today so will be back to cold and wet.

2. Walk along the beach front. It was really busy and then stopped for a coffee before coming back. A Good way to start off the new year.

3. Finished reading some magazines and recycled. DH said his work ones are all online so when I get home a whole pile of them can be recycled too.

4. Shortened a couple of pairs of trousers for DH. He often says he needs them and they stay for about 6 months before he wears them all the time complaining that he needs a new pair! Hopefully he will stop complaining.

5. Finished my book.
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • house_elfhouse_elf Forumite
    1.1K posts
    ✭✭✭
    Good Morning All,

New Years Day

1. Felt tired all day, but had two power naps!

2. Hit Mr A and Mr T for rtc and bargains. Got everything on my list and lots of 10p items in the veg aisle at Mr T.

3. Made onion mush (Nigella), and Brocolli cream soup (Nigella), chopped salad (Jamie).

4. Finally finished cleaning the fridge.

5. Took chopped salad and big tub of olives to friends house for meal of Mac n cheese. Nice conversation and good company.

DD did not join us. She was very disappointed with her NYE celebrations. One of the girls they were out with got very drunk, and they had to go home at 11:30. She got back about 4pm this afternoon, and has bearly been out of her room. Very fragile after breakup with BF. 😔

Have a great day :)
    Synchro Mums - 'Changing the world one sequin at a time' Lady GaGa
    'We have more in common than that which divides us.' Jo Cox
  • LaineyTLaineyT Forumite
    3.3K posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    NYD Pleasures,

The moon, when I got up at 6.30am it was big and red, sinking beyond the horizon and then again when it rose in the evening sky, silvery white and glorious.

Home from the stables, cold and tired, ham and eggs for breakfast then back to bed for cheeky nap.

A lot of time spent on the sofa reading my latest Robin Hobb.

How pleased my girlie horse was when she realised how many carrots were in her evening feed, little whickers of enjoyment.

Watching Spectre but even the delights of Mr Craig couldn't keep me eyes open.
  • VJsmumVJsmum Forumite
    6.2K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good morning and Happy new Year to all.

Hmm, DforV - you have made me fancy smoked salmon now.

I am on a train bound for ICT where i need to finish the clearing up from last week as we left in such a rush. i have marking - I've already completed two assignments and hope to have the lot done before I get home tonight. Only in ICT for 4 hours so I shall have to go like the clappers. It is good distraction as Dad's funeral is tomorrow :( and I can pick up my make up that I forgot last week.

Pleasures for the last two days

1. Nice bath on Sunday morning with my book
    2. Got the marking reduced to these last 10, which doesn't seem too onerous
    3. nice time at SiL's. They are excellent cooks and didn't disappoint. the two dogs present were a lively distraction
    4. didn't drink too much
    5. MiL was on reasonable form

And yesterday

1. hadn't slept well - largely due to OH snoring and me forgetting my ear plugs. The pleasure being i did get some sleep and was able to cope for most of the day (my 'spoons' ran out when I got home)
    2. Great nephew visited with his dad. he is soon to be 1 and is delightful
    3. Went for a dog walk. MiL was in her disability scooter - we are trying to get her more confident with it. We all got soaked but it was ok
    4. Lovely lunch at SIL and BIL's. we left soon after and had a good drive back. They had made delicious lime, pecan and cardamom cake
    5. Due to lack of spoons I had a quiet evening with yet another episode of the Crown; lentil shepherd's pie from the freezer and an early night.

SiL, BIL, OH and I had a 'difficult' conversation re the MiL. I saw something about signs of dementia pop up on FB and read it - I wouldn't normally but this time, for some reason, I did. MiL is presenting many of the symptoms. I know, I know, internet - but even so. Anyhoo the upshot is that SiL and BiL had also been thinking this (SiL is a senior nurse). SiL is going to tentatively suggest some testing at the GPs then at least we would know and can investigate therapies or at least be able to make concessions. it is rather sad if true, but she is a shadow of her former self and seems incapable of making decisions or dealing with anything outside of her immediate comfort zone. :(

Have a good day, all
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • Blackbeard_of_PerranporthBlackbeard_of_Perranporth Forumite
    7.3K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    #RAF100 in 88 Days!

5 Hard work being BoP and he has managed to get to another year again. And well done to all the others that have made it as well! Roll on now the nights are drawing out already!

4 Thanks to all that have seen fit to follow the Snorker fest. Yesterday was the first Snorker day of 2018! Breakfast, as reported earlier, was cheap snorkers, with best back. Mushrooms and poached egg on buttered toast! Did not need a resolution to continue to eat proper foods!

3 Did Scuns, Notts County and Shrews on the maker of books yesterday. If we carryon like this, we shall all be packing our bags for the beach! Normally there is a Tea in one of them, but the filter of profanity prevents me from saying it in public!

Please note. BoP does not advise using scams and things to make money. If you want a guaranteed income inn retirement, you should have worked for the government and got a gong as well. Those of us inn the real world support these gong holders until they are 70 nowadays, 15 years after most of them have left employement!

2 Day BoP is back at the mill. The damped furnaces are taking some relighting!

Please check out the #RAF100 events!

Not everything you’ll see this year from BoP will be any different to what it was last year!
    Cardiac Arrest - Electrical - Patient unconscious! Heart Attack - Plumbing - Patient conscious!
    Defibrillators Cannot Cure a Heart Attack!
  • Blackbeard_of_PerranporthBlackbeard_of_Perranporth Forumite
    7.3K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    This occurs if you are too slow and old chief MSE throws you out. I understand that & is very good at this!
    Cardiac Arrest - Electrical - Patient unconscious! Heart Attack - Plumbing - Patient conscious!
    Defibrillators Cannot Cure a Heart Attack!