IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Nurses in Cardiff NHS face huge bills

Options

Comments

• DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    1999 Destruction of English Act doesn't exist (from a quick Google)? And the Hand, Shandy and Wristler Legal Practice sounds like a double-entendre.

I almost thought that was a Huff Post article. :D
  • peter_the_piper
    peter_the_piper Posts: 30,268 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    DoaM wrote: »
    1999 Destruction of English Act doesn't exist (from a quick Google)? And the Hand, Shandy and Wristler Legal Practice sounds like a double-entendre.

I almost thought that was a Huff Post article. :D
    http://southendnewsnetwork.com/news/doctor-who-filming-suspended-as-new-timelord-cant-park-tardis/
    All you need to know.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options

Love to see the full transcript. Hand, Shandy and Wristler Legal Practice would give Wright Hassall a run for their money.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,659 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Love that article, hilarious. Well done that person, whoever made it up. :D
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,487 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Love that article, hilarious. Well done that person, whoever made it up. :D

Aka - 'sartiricle'
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • bargepole
    bargepole Posts: 3,231 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Update - Two of the Defendants who were the 'lead cases' for this have now filed an N164 Appellant's Notice, requesting leave to appeal both the substantive Judgment, and the costs awarded, on a number of grounds.

There have also been various applications and statements filed, challenging the whole basis of the costs assessment.

This will go before the Circuit Judge, and if leave to appeal is granted, the Defendants will need to employ the services of a barrister to argue their case.

Almost £5,000 has been raised via the crowdfunding appeal, but more may be needed for legal fees. Thanks to all who chipped in already, and any further donations welcome here: https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/nhsvindigo

I have been providing assistance, including Lay Representation at Court hearings (current score: won 57, lost 14), to defendants in parking cases for over 5 years. I have an LLB (Hons) degree, and have a Graduate Diploma in Civil Litigation from CILEx. However, any advice given on these forums by me is NOT formal legal advice, and I accept no liability for its accuracy.
  • Ryandavis1959
    Options
    Without wanting to hijack this thread i would just like to bring to the attention of everyone another recent thread on the forum. Apologies if you've already seen it but I think it's slipped under the radar.

I think it would be good if the more legally minded on the forum have some input please.

This looks like it's heading to be a 'scam' on a similar level as the Cardiff Hospital one.

Workers at Meadowhall shopping centre in Sheffield are facing huge claims for parking in the centre's car parks. The car parks have 12,000 spaces which are totally free and don't have any time limits for parking, yet the shopping centre and their agents CP Plus have decided it's a 'restricted area' for workers and they can't park in them, although anyone else can without restrictions. Hundreds of PCN's have been issued to workers there.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5689146
    There is a huge difference between nurses saving people's lives at an overcrowded hospital and people working at Meadowhall!!!

If there is ample staff parking why didn't they just park there? The nurses couldn't park in their staff area because it was full and they have also paid for permits hence the outrage at taking them to court. By the sounds of it the staff at Meadowhall Simply chose that they didn't want to park in the free staff area allotted to them and wanted to park in customer allocated areas instead.

So there are no similarities between the hero NHS workers and the Meadowhall workers, other than the huge number of PCN.s issued.
    If you were not the driver write to the parking firm and tell them who was so they CANNOT hold you liable. The person who was driving the car is responsible so let them deal with it. Not you! Don’t let people with an agenda tell you otherwise.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure