PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 17th July 2017

Options

Comments

• Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,843 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Or (just occurred to me) he has a new 'friend'.

Anyway sod him.

Have managed some more shut-eye, so pleased with that.
    Cleaned dining room yesterday, was worst room in house, now isn't.

Took out blown bulb, now have another one blown, so I need to check if have spares,

Time for coffee!

Good morning all, hope you have a sunny day too.

And welcome back Jojo.
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,868 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi Jojo welcome back

Daily stuff done
    Work very busy
    House sort of clean and tidy

Oven to clean tomorrow
    Breast Cancer Now 100 miles October 2022 100 / 100miles
    D- Day 80km June 2024 0/80km
    Sun, Sea
  • Pollybear
    Pollybear Posts: 3,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Morning all. Raining here so I've hung some washing on the airer in front of an open window. Not expecting much.

Cooked a chicken and sorted it out into meals, two lots frozen and two lots for the next couple of days.

Veg all prepared to dinner so I'm going to play on here for a while.
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    Additional task for next week:

[strike]Dispose of body, wash bedlinen that was only put on the bed yesterday, get muddy footprints out of carpet, off newly mopped floors and off the bedframe and establish an effective alibi for Sunday.[/strike]

March OH to the camping supplies shop and force him to buy wellies before he leaves for the German festival circuit.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    [creeps back in under cover of night]

It's been a busy time.

Have acquired (and thankfully, eventually decluttered) a lodger. The money was handy, but she was absolutely minging....

However, more positively, before she turned up, I acquired a rather lovely OH. He's everything my exes weren't. Except he's a Collector of Things and seemingly unable to see mess and dirt and clutter.... He will learn along the way, because I'm certainly not doing it when I'm back...

... By 2.30pm, I had...
    Removed Idiot Cat from coffee table
    Distracted Idiot Cat away from coffee table with crunchies
    Swept up Idiot Cat's crunchies where he dropped half of them out of his mouth onto the floor before jumping back onto the coffee table for a sleep...

Welcome back Jojo. Congratulations on waving goodbye to the lodger and hello to your "rather lovely" OH. You get the award today for making me laugh out loud. Idiot Cat reminds me very much of Simon's Cat - do you agree, Honey Bear?

Delivered my 100 church leaflets in under an hour yesterday evening. Now have a mere 48 to deliver this week.

Garden looks good after a drop more rain. I'm going outside in a few minutes to plant out the remaining rockery plants and bulbs, and replace a useless rose that refuses to climb over the rose arch with a wisteria. I shall then rename it the wisteria arch.
    I also have to put up some trellis at the lowest point of the back fence, then I can let Rosie off the lead in the garden, and she can wander in and out at will.

When we went up to bed last night she managed to knock down the sheet of plywood across the bottom of the stairs again, and I decided to let her sleep on the landing outside our bedroom door if she wanted to. She stayed there all night, without a whimper :)

The house is tidy. I am still catching up with frogs, but my list is getting shorter :D

See you all on the new thread later x
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Welcome back Jojo - your life sure does remain "interesting".:D
    pigpen wrote: »
    my freezers are bursting with potatoes and bread!.. at least i'm not freezing air right?
    Thanks for saying that - it's reminded me I need to do a spot of Freezer Tetris as I'll need some space in there for Fudge's food when he arrives on 4th August - his Mum makes HM food for the little chap, and has said she'll send enough for the week, but I'll need to keep some frozen til it's needed.
    those who know me on here know that confidence isn't my strong point!
    You and me both, hun - have a Wolfy (((HUG))).

FBO Mr LW did once try to encourage me to get a cleaner, but I resisted mightily - but in my case, I'd feel that it was just another victory for lupus. Since he retired though, Mr LW certainly does his fair share around the house - not always to the standard I'd like, and not always in a very timely fashion, but he does it without complaint, so I can't really ask for more than that. :A

The Meet'n'Greet with Mia the Staffie is now set to take place at 17:00 today (her Mum had an emergency crop up and asked to reschedule from Friday) so we're having to have our main meal early today - it's cooking as I type. Normally we have it at 18:00, same as any other day.

So in view of the above-mentioned visit, all the WUDUPA thus far has been done, the recycling is all out in the shed, the Dys0n has been deployed, and the bathroom cleaned (yesterday by Mr LW; just a S&S needed today).

If I could just stop shaking, we'd be on a winner (I get very nervous at meeting an owner for the first time). Flylady vibes appreciated at 17:00, pretty please. :o
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,094 Forumite
    Options
    ionafan wrote: »
    Welcome back Jojo. Congratulations on waving goodbye to the lodger and hello to your "rather lovely" OH. You get the award today for making me laugh out loud. Idiot Cat reminds me very much of Simon's Cat - do you agree, Honey Bear?

Totally, Ionafan! I loved your post Jojo; I thought some of our lodgers had been tricky over the years but yours takes the biscuit. I can cope with most things but not smelly lodgers. *bleargh*

Back to LPAs today, hopefully for the final reading / research effort.

And I've got two rooms to turn around and a shower room to sparkle but that might wait until tomorrow morning.
    Better is good enough.
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Welcome back jojo :)

Gosh I could just drop. Taken some more paracetamol, I guess this bug is still lingering, i feel washed out! Been out all morning / early aft. My ears are ringing. But I just may have expanded our social lives for the summer hols which could be nice.

Have bunged some sausages in the oven, put the furries away and cleaned the hay hut and the conservatory pen which were smelleeee! Looks like rain here, alternating between sunshine and darkness!

Quite possibly no more jobs today other than uniform sorting. I'm proper wiped out!
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • Narc0lepsy
    Narc0lepsy Posts: 2,685 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Welcome back Jojo what a huge list, well done.

We've spent most of the weekend, and doubtless the next few days, giving the conservatory a total blitz, prompted by the chairs we had eyed up earlier this year and dismissed as too expensive now being in the sale. After much measuring and deal-doing with the shop, we have a deal and they arrive on Tues afternoon. So:
    - old chairs in garage ready for CS
    - all plants put outside and we are part-through sorting those which need re-potting and those which need re-homing. Cacti anyone?
    - All windows cleaned inside and much of outside
    - window sill cleared and cleaned.
    - all pot trays, tiles and any other random 'coaster' arrangements washed.
    - floor swept, vacuumed and mopped.
    - swept and mopped kitchen floor while I was at it.
    - huge pile of magazines, leaflets, bits of paper etc sorted into piles for recycling, taking to docs surgery or keeping.
    - quickly doing lounge/diner which isn't too bad, but MIL is coming for dinner.
    - about to dash outside between rainstorms and pick french beans, gooseberries and basil
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,094 Forumite
    Options
    *Healing vibes* heading your way Bossy.
    Better is good enough.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income