PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 17th July 2017

Options

Comments

• LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Do I get kicked out of the Flyladies if I admit I have advertised for a cleaner?
    NOOOOOO! Of course you don't get kicked out, we'd miss you too much!
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • atypicalblonde
    atypicalblonde Posts: 3,057 Forumite
    Options
    Work done, Aldi trip done, money shuffle done and washing outside on the airer, although it's threatening more rain.

Got some great Letts activity books in Aldi which will keep DD occupied for hours over the holidays. 99p each - bargain.

Sorted a big pile of recycling out so will go and stash safely in the green bin in a mo. I feel some end-of-term wardrobe tidying coming on too....
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,925 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hello all.

Dogs walked, trip to York for shopping, home again to order everything on line. Had lunch out. Dusted dusty bits in living room.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,017 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Well, we survived another year of hideous school runs, lost cardies and dratted homework.. I LOATHE homework and reading books!!! Bring on the hollibobs because I really hate the routine of school.. we are a much too organic type family.. we grow as we do and learn when and what we want.. I really wish I had the focus to homeschool!!!

Back OFF track with the laundry after the 4 oldest brought ALL their washing down.. I think it is every item of clothing and bedding and towel we own.. I have 7 loads to fold... we are wearing it off the kitchen table lol.

Sock cull very much needed..

DD3 off for a 5 day residential on Monday.. and we are off to the outlaws.. vodka packed first lol.. actually we are going Monday and I haven't packed a single thing. Pixie has a birthday do tomorrow at 3, OH has a trial shift at a local restaurant.. fewer hours BUT more flexible so he can do college and some morning school runs.. that will be so much better I hope. Though he is now saying he will miss the potato factory.. he does seem to enjoy it there.. he can always go back if he hates the kitchen work i suppose, though he has only just stopped barfing every morning so we will have to start all that again haha
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • Tardis4
    Tardis4 Posts: 33 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Pigpen that is funny, I guess the grass is always greener (: I homeschool my 2 children (DS is autistic, DD has ADHD) and I fantasise about how much I'd get done if they were at school all day (:

Really enjoyed the week, home is looking much better for it even though I missed a day. Kids do their own rooms on the weekends so today is a nice, easy one!

Have a great weekend all!
  • Tardis4
    Tardis4 Posts: 33 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Do I get kicked out of the Flyladies if I admit I have advertised for a cleaner?

LOL truth be told, when I was a cleaner, my home was a complete tip. I'd much rather clean someone else's mess and pay someone to do my own! Other people's tidying is so much more satisfying! (:
  • FurryBeastOz
    FurryBeastOz Posts: 1,380 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Tardis4 wrote: »
    LOL truth be told, when I was a cleaner, my home was a complete tip. I'd much rather clean someone else's mess and pay someone to do my own! Other people's tidying is so much more satisfying! (:

My main problem is not that I am unable/physically don't have time to do it, its the friction and bad feeling it causes in the house. DH works ridiculous hours so when he gets in he just wants to chill. He is also happy with a much lower level of 'clean' than I am.

I get resentful when I'm cleaning/cooking etc until 2130 when I head for bed, while he sits on the computer or playing with his 3D printer. He then wakes me up coming to bed at 0130. STILL having done no housework.

This week I've been working, he's been at home, and I've still been cleaning at 2130 while he's been on the computer all day. I'd much rather spend a little bit of time with him. After 13years I sometimes wonder why:rotfl:
    Goals - Weight loss 6/26lb at 22nd Jan 18
    Mmmm. 26lb at 1/7/18. Oops:o
  • Pollybear
    Pollybear Posts: 3,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Afternoon all. Not much if any flying done as I've been babysitting most of the day for DD2 who had to work unexpectedly. Did do a load of washing which went on the airer. It was raining a little bit when I did it. Now it's absolutely heaving it down!!

Cooking tea now and that will be all.
  • YORKSHIRELASS
    YORKSHIRELASS Posts: 6,303 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    its the friction and bad feeling it causes in the house. He is also happy with a much lower level of 'clean' than I am.

Oh yes. Could have said the same myself. And atb thanks sweetie, made me well up you did!

Pigpen you would be an amazing homeschooler.

Have had a chat with a Manager at work (job no. 1) about the possibility of me moving to another department. At some point in the next 18 months or so a vacancy is going to come up. This would mean retraining and possibly sitting exams but its a promotion so the challenge would be good and I could probably earn enough to give up job no. 2. But retraining and sitting exams in my late 40s?

So work here and that's about it, hung the washing out when I got home. Bought some frozen pizzas for tea, must mealplan next week.

More paid stuff to be done.
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    But retraining and sitting exams in my late 40s?
    Definitely. If I can do it in my late 60s (admittedly only part-time) you can do it at your age :)

FBO don't even think about leaving the Flylady gang - we need you. You will find yourself tidying up before the cleaner comes anyway! And you can give her/him a list of all the flying that you hate - like washing up the baking utensils ;)

Sorry not been posting much. Rosie is (as expected) quite time-consuming, but well worth it. I feel much better for my walks! Having said that, today I have slept all afternoon because I just couldn't keep awake (Honey Bear you aren't the only one).

Our house had its weekly clean yesterday (and Rosie was not at all bothered by the Dy$0n :T) before long-lost cousin arrived with his wife. We had an excellent meal and a long chat about family history.

The rain is easing off a bit so I must take Rosie for her final walk of the day. Think we'll go round the roads rather than the muddy lane!

Have a good weekend, all, and happy hols to all who have just broken up x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport