The mindful MFW: A healthy, happy journey to a mortgage free life!

Options

Comments

• museumworker
    Options
    Looking very good mw, hope illness continues to disappear.
    CathT wrote: »
    You achieve so much MW. Love your ta-dah lists too!

Hope your house is bug free. Our Christmas Eve boxes are almost complete, a lot of it is recycled such as Christmas Eve dvd, santa plate etc. Spent 50p on reindeer food and need to buy new pyjamas

Thanks both for posting, and the well wishes. DD2 was off again today but we think she’s well enough to go in tomorrow :j. Which is brilliant timing as work is about to go mental :rotfl:.

Got to love a list CathT, no idea how I’d cope without one. What is reindeer food? Sounds cheap, right up my street :money:. We don’t have a special plate but one for another year I think, my Christmas budget is stretched already :o.
    Mortgage [STRIKE]16/03/2011: £190K 01/01/2017: £107,729.65 [/STRIKE] 01/07/2017: £95,979.89
    OPs 2011-2016 = £45K 2017 OPs = £9250.20
  • museumworker
    museumworker Posts: 2,240 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 11 December 2017 at 9:51PM
    Options
    Just ordered last of OH’s presents. Won’t say what it is apart from an experience. 15% off plus triple points (ok, an extra 60p but it all counts) via Mr T. Plus I had the remains of a Tesco gift card I won so £18 hard cash, plus one less voucher to forget to use up :rotfl:! His beer advent will come to £30 but as I used free vouchers for his other main presents, so I think I’ve done ok.
    Mortgage [STRIKE]16/03/2011: £190K 01/01/2017: £107,729.65 [/STRIKE] 01/07/2017: £95,979.89
  • museumworker
    Options
    Crazy week, at work and at home. Involved live news interviewing :eek: and now about to meet the head to sort out a major failing by the school.

Feeling very run down, so definitely need the following today:
    * massage
    * headspace
    * early night

I’ve spent all the Christmas budget, and still have £160 of (great) nieces and nephews to buy for :o. Next year should be easier as I will put £50 a month away for Xmas from Jan.
  • michelle09
    Options
    Eek, hope everything is sorted with the head and you get a nice relaxing day afterwards.

Hey, 60p is 60p. Might save another £1 in interest!
  • Betterthanever
    Options
    Sounds like you are very much in need of that "me" time - I hope it manages to offset that craziness for you!
  • CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,121 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hope you have a peaceful evening and weekend. We don't buy for extended family anymore which really keeps our costs and stress levels down. Reindeer is usually a mix of porridge oats an glitter in a little bag with a rhyme. We sprinkle it outside on Christmas Eve and it's one of our traditions before bed.
    May 2024 - part 1 - £29,628 part 2 - £24,612 Total - £54,240 42 months to go!
  • museumworker
    Options
    michelle09 wrote: »
    Eek, hope everything is sorted with the head and you get a nice relaxing day afterwards.

Hey, 60p is 60p. Might save another £1 in interest!

:money: great thinking there! Meeting with head went as well as these things can be expected. DD2 happy with way school dealt with it so think will leave it at that.
    Sounds like you are very much in need of that "me" time - I hope it manages to offset that craziness for you!

Thanks, the massage was lovely plus we had a nice lunch and catch up afterwards (although it was pizza and now I feel enormous :o). I also found somewhere that topped up 0ysters to get my £5 shop small incentive. Been too busy to make the most of this, but it’s a great scheme and hopefully will do better next year.
    CathT wrote: »
    Hope you have a peaceful evening and weekend. We don't buy for extended family anymore which really keeps our costs and stress levels down. Reindeer is usually a mix of porridge oats an glitter in a little bag with a rhyme. We sprinkle it outside on Christmas Eve and it's one of our traditions before bed.

Love the idea of reindeer mix, what a lovely tradition - and cheap!

We tried a not buying for adults thing a few years back but some siblings don’t have kids and felt really put out. Then I was buying for some and not others. Good news is the first three hampers are done and look wonderful. Had to chuck in a £2.50 scented candle to make them look complete, we used shredded paper from OHs work and gold tissue to cover, plus some clear cellophane and string. I think they work out around £13-£14 each including basket and packaging but look much more expensive - a sanctuary candle in a tin, F&M biscuits and marmalade and a bar of G&B chocolate, all with an orange and ginger theme. Plus some free gluten free choc bites that got free from Shopm!um for celiac relly. :beer: Was aiming for the ten pound mark but that was unrealistic. Five more left to give.

Off for family Christmas lunch out (budgeted but hope it comes under :o) then staying with family. All presents needed wrapped and packed, food and drink from Xmas stash being taken. Looking forward to switching off and having some fun!
  • michelle09
    Options
    Those hampers sound great. I can see the potential problems with kids/not kids. We just give my SiL + OH + kids a box of things for the family too. Maybe when the neices are older we'll swap to getting them individual but not convinced 2 year olds understand it anyway!

Enjoy your lunch. :)
  • pinkypig
    pinkypig Posts: 1,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi MW your hampers sound lovely. I pinched your idea of themes and have almost finished and Italian, coffee, real ale and cake making hampers.
    When do you finish work? You sound like you've earned a nice, relaxing break. Xx
    Original mortgage £112,000 . Final payment due August 2027.
    Mortgage neutral achieved August 2020 - 7 years early!!!
  • museumworker
    Options
    michelle09 wrote: »
    Those hampers sound great. I can see the potential problems with kids/not kids. We just give my SiL + OH + kids a box of things for the family too. Maybe when the neices are older we'll swap to getting them individual but not convinced 2 year olds understand it anyway!

Enjoy your lunch. :)

Two you probably can - now three is a different matter! DD2 keeps bringing me presents and telling me she wants to pull the sellotape off. The fact that they are the ones we’re giving to other people makes no sense to her :rotfl:.
    pinkypig wrote: »
    Hi MW your hampers sound lovely. I pinched your idea of themes and have almost finished and Italian, coffee, real ale and cake making hampers.
    When do you finish work? You sound like you've earned a nice, relaxing break. Xx

They sound like lovely themes, well done! I finish tomorrow - with a grand work lunch and a trip to the pub after :j. Am so ready for a break from the craziness. I may have to do a little from home over the holidays but will have a full week off first before trying to tackle it.

Am super tired from weekend break still, and have a novelty hat to knock up this evening whilst OH goes to the cinema. :rotfl:

I also need to message my sister suggested gifts for the kids and ask what hers want. That’s my limit I think :rotfl:.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport