🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Nearly debt free diary

Options

Comments

• jemreading
    Options
    My parents gave me some money, £50, to put towards the trainers I wanted which were meant to be £100. I managed to get them in the sale for £44 :j
  • jemreading
    Options
    Back to it today! Going to the gym this afternoon and then have to go food shopping. I also have to go to work tomorrow and Friday.

Just looking back at Christmas Day and we got a lot of lovely gifts (mostly vouchers, chocolate and alcohol!). All the money I spent doesn’t seem worth it.. the panic, the stress, the saving for expensive stuff!

Got to do preparation for New Years now, we are having a few friends over.
  • jemreading
    Options
    We did our food shopping at ASDA today. I can’t believe how expensive it is compared to Aldi. We did have to buy stuff like toilet roll and washing tablets and stuff but still! It will last us until 6th Jan.

We have a lot of chocolate and alcohol to get through at home, which is good as I lost 3lb and need to put it back on again!! I also need to work on my lean muscle as it’s poor, so it means weight training 3-4 times a week and eating more - I just need to figure out when to do it!
  • jemreading
    Options
    Also, a reminder to me.. me and my OH are going to a wedding down south in April. (I can say that as I live slap bang in the middle, right?) and we were looking at hotels last night.. it was between £250-£350 for a decent hotels in the area for 2 nights! So we decided to try Air BnB - managed to find somewhere for £158 for two nights instead, so a small win :D We can just take our own breakfast stuff with us which will save us a small fortune too!

I just owe my OH half which I can pay out my travel fund next month!
  • jemreading
    Options
    Back at work today and it’s fairly quiet!

Trying to figure out my gym plans over the next few months. I notice that by keeping busy (going gym, going work, walking places) I don’t tend to spend a lot of money.

I’ve looked at my budget and spreadsheet and the plan this month is to just survive without the credit card.. I have a bit in savings, some in my £1 collection and a few gift cards. I do need some new tracksuit bottoms as it gets incredibly cold at the football and walking home from the gym, so I’m going to use my sports voucher for this.

I’ve gone through my clothing and won’t need to get anything until my holiday comes up later in the year. I’m going to a wedding but can easily put something together from my wardrobe.
  • jemreading
    Options
    Last day of work and then another long weekend :)

I got my tracksuit bottoms and a running top using my vouchers, I went over by quite a lot (£23.05 over) so I’m going to be taking the running top back! I got it early morning and I think my brain was frazzled and I should have said no and asked to take the running top off.

I’m really unprepared for work today which means I need to go out and buy lunch. I should be able to grab a £3 meal deal but I’m mad at myself as I should have done it last night.

Gym followed by a quiet night in for me as my OH is out for the evening with friends for a “guys night”
  • jemreading
    Options
    Got to take both of my things back as neither of them fit me! So I will get the money back to my debit card and £70 back on gift cards.

I also paid £207.78 off my credit card today, so that is that done for the month :D I also got £6.02 from cash out, which I need to transfer to my savings.
  • jemreading
    Options
    OH didn’t go out last night, we watched a film and were in bed by 10pm. I also slept for 11 hours and 45 minutes! :o

Went out to wilko today, used my sisters £20 for Christmas to buy some champagne flutes and some party bits for tomorrow night.

Going out for breakfast followed by cinema tomorrow. OH paid for cinema so breakfast is on me :) will then hit the gym and get ready for a NYE party. Quite one at mine where I can wear my PJs and not care.
  • erniethecat
    Options
    A good night's sleep is a wonderful thing!
    Chase: $5,512.91 Citi:$2,592.24 Total: $8105.15
    Paid So Far: $301.85
  • jemreading
    Options
    It really is! I was very surprised when I woke up this morning! :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income