Nearly debt free diary

Options

Comments

• jemreading
    Options
    I have a small amount of money in savings, £172.19, from my surveys and just moving a bit of money across every now and then.

I'm not sure if I should use half of this to pay off some of my CC. Just thinking because my savings barely get any interest on it any my CC has interest on it! I may wait until all my DD come out, see whats left in my main bank account and then decide.
  • jemreading
    Options
    I made the payment to my credit card. I felt good about it.

I spent £27 on breakfast out today for me and OH for our anniversary as he paid for the cinema and snacks. The final thing I will need to budget for is my friends social, which is mid-January.

This will probably be my last post for 2017 as I am hosting this evening (just a small gathering) but need to get the food ready!

I wish you all a Happy New Year!

Jem x :D
  • jemreading
    Options
    Lunch is all set ready for tomorrow. I have all my snacks in my bag and my water bottle. I do need to buy my breakfast for this week, however, I have money set aside so I can pick up my breakfast and leave it in my locker at work.

Plans for this week are:
    1. Do weights 3 or 4 times per week (did one on Sunday so just three to go!)
    2. Do 3 exercise classes (all booked in)
    3. Count up £1 coins
    4. Exchange holiday money
    5. Track all bills leaving account.
    6. Pick up travel toiletries (also use at the work showers)

I've also set myself some personal goals that may help in the long run. I want to try to:

1. Get into a good bedtime routine - for example, off my phone/internet by 9:30pm and in bed by 10pm. This may also mean getting up at the same time every day and going to the gym in the morning before work.
    2. Drinking more water instead of pop/juice. Water is free and better for me.
    3. Say no to more things in an attempt to save money
    4. Try and find things to do that are free.
  • jemreading
    jemreading Posts: 337 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Managed to not spend any money during my lunch, which is an achievement.

I went in three shops, picked up bits but put them all back as I don’t need them. I think that was boredom as it’s raining outside, not nice to walk around and no where nice to walk.

Aim for no spends until shopping on Saturday (other than allocated shopping money) is on. I have no football tomorrow and nothing planned for Thursday or Friday.

Most of my direct debits have gone out. Once they are all gone I will have £96.60 in my bank to help see me through, £110 cash (£100 to exchange into another currency though) and some £1. I also have £97.60 in my savings after making a similar payment to my CC.
  • jemreading
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Final big direct debit went out today so just my Spotify and iCloud to go out and all is well (these go out mid-month and I have the money set on my card to go)

Waiting for my CC to add the interest onto my balance so I can pay it off straight away, my friend also owes me £79 which will hit my CC but I owe the hotel on my holiday £79 so it will go straight to that.

Nothing much to report.. hit the gym at lunch time, had work and am now relaxing at home.
  • jemreading
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Just plodding along for the rest of the week. Will finish work, hit the gym and then head home.

Working from home tomorrow so that will definitely be a NSD, along with Saturday and Sunday.

Checked with work and get paid on the 25th Jan, which is not too far away. I should also get my annual leave entitlement back, but again, double checking the amount with work as I have extra holidays which I shouldn’t have.

Still need to return my stuff and get a refund but all shops have been mega crammed and busy.

I am tempted to use the sales to pick up swimwear for holiday. I’ve found two that should come to £90 for both but have been reduced to £28 for both! I’m normally really careful with sales.
  • jemreading
    Options
    I haven’t managed half of my list this week and I’ve been feeling poorly and a little sorry for myself!

I’ve only completed number 2 and 5 on my list, which is not a great sign. I’m hoping to cover points 1 and 6 by Sunday.

Today is a working from home today so I won’t have to leave the house. Will need to go gym and do the weights today and then Sunday. I sound like I spend a lot of time in the gym but most of it is cardio work and not weights.
  • jemreading
    Options
    I need to open another savings account. I currently have one which is used in a bid to build up an emergency savings pot.

I need to open another account so my parents can transfer £100 a month into it. This is our wedding fund pot and will not be touched by me or my OH and will just sit there until we need to use it.

I need to have a look and see who would be best to open one with. I only have two accounts - this is my main card where my salary gets paid into and my bills go out of and then a savings accounts.. but are with the same bank!
  • jemreading
    Options
    I’ve taken my stuff back and managed to get the tracksuit bottoms I wanted. So I now have £20 on a gift card and £23 going back to my debit card.

I did order a take away :o I know, not very MSE but I have the funds for it.
  • jemreading
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Today is a relax at home today. I am not leaving the house to do any activities so will eat left over takeaway for lunch and then maybe do small bit of tidying up.

Did a quick two minute survey on prolific academic for 50p so will start to rebuild that pot. I will aim for £10 before cashing out and that will go straight into savings. Any survey money will go into my savings pot.

I will need to try and stay off the internet shopping as I’m tempted to spend money.

I think for my £1 I may just leave that as my Christmas money and when it gets to November 1st open it up and whatever is in there use it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.8K Travel & Transport