Beware Vecelli Home Improvements

Options

Comments

• simfin
    Options
    Just to add to my previous post.

The Roller garage company never did respond to the person who had the door fail. Although another company did respond to the email saying they could come and look, but it would cost - no idea how they got hold of the original email saying it had gone faulty..

We had other companies out to quote for a replacement who were shocked at how bad the install was. With questionable safety features. It is only by luck that the door did not fall down and damage the car as it was driving out, or worse still hit someone walking underneath. Having now looked at lots of other solution, I have not seen a single install where the roller shutter is screwed directly to the roller, they all have "leaders" which help it roll onto the roller. The way they have done it is always going to be a potential failure point.

My advice after doing lots of research on this company and its associated owners is to steer well clear. There are much better designs and qualities of doors available for the same price. Get one fitted by a company who does not fold and change its name annually.
  • BooshyLad
    BooshyLad Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 20 August 2019 at 11:06AM
    Options
    The {Edited by Forum team} are out and out liars. No way have they supplied and installed 200,000 doors.

Their doors do not comply with legislation, specifically:
    The Supply of Machinery (Safety) Regulations
    The Construction Products Regulation

If they’d sold 200,000 doors they would keep folding their companies!

{Edited by Forum team}: nobody is falling into any ‘media traps’. You ARE Rogue Traders and the epitome of a ‘cowboy’. You used plastic laths, drainpipe for the axle and fitting is shabby. Your doors fall apart presenting safety risks not to mention expense of replacing.
  • BooshyLad
    Options
    And it all happened so conveniently quickly too!

Funny that eh?!!
  • Rosie’s_greys
    Rosie’s_greys Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 20 August 2019 at 11:15AM
    Options
    Gutted I only just found out the problems with this company.trying to call Essati as my door has stopped working and surprise cannot get through on any numbers so I googled Essati and wish I hadn!!!8217;t.{Edited by Forum team} and company you should be ashamed of yourselves,I!!!8217;ll be going to Trading astandards forst thing on Monday morning.Really upset I can!!!8217;t use my garage any more!!
  • lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,649 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Gutted I only just found out the problems with this company.trying to call Essati as my door has stopped working and surprise cannot get through on any numbers so I googled Essati and wish I hadn!!!8217;t.{Edited by Forum team} and company you should be ashamed of yourselves,I!!!8217;ll be going to Trading astandards forst thing on Monday morning.Really upset I can!!!8217;t use my garage any more!!

If Essati are no longer in business, there is no point in calling TS. In any case TS now tend to refer people to Citizens' Advice Bureau.
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 18 June 2018 at 10:43AM
    Options
  • BIGBIG
    BIGBIG Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Looks like this thread is being watched as the roller-shutter-doors-uk website has been taken down now! (One with matching address)
  • robatwork
    robatwork Posts: 7,095 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Just hope the director {Edited by Forum team} isn't spreading himself too thin to direct his 22 companies https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/officers/MhjWnhl7VfHzh9rBtxHHuXKBKrQ/appointments
  • hollydays
    edited 20 August 2019 at 10:53AM
    Options
    Also Trading as roller garage doors( online) limited
    Other businesses associated with the {Edited by Forum team}'s
    Parisque limited
    https://www.parisque.co.uk

Rollerrobes limited
  • hollydays
    edited 4 August 2019 at 12:18PM
    Options
    New site for their warranties
    https://bdrw.co.uk/
    Extended 9 year warranty
    Claim to be " part of the RDC group"( rolling doors concept)
    BDRW Based In Maldon apparently.
    Stands for Big doors, repairs, warranties
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family