Options

Comments

• **woody123**
    **woody123** Posts: 598 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 20 August 2019 at 11:03AM
    Options
    lincroft1710

All Doors are made from double skinned Aluminium with foam insulation. We use 2 types of door lathe. 55mm compact for single doors up to 2500mm wide and 77mm for doors 2500-5000mm wide. All systems are wind tested, are certified and conform to all machine directives and EU legislation. I am wary of this post as statements made are completely opposite to our product and trading methods.
    1. Door slats are not plastic, there are no plastic slats available for roller garage doors in the UK, all of our systems are made from aluminium metal.
    2. All of our installers carry chip and pin card terminals and we only except payment via card or bank transfer. We ask clients do not pay cash as this represents a risk factor for our installers.

Hi {Edited by Forum team},

My grandmother's neighbour paid for a repair to be carried out on her garage door for damage they caused accidentally.

Since payment has been made there has been no contact from {Edited by Forum team} Warranties and numerous phone calls have been made without answering.

Is there any chance you could PM me and get this sorted as the whole situation is causing unnecessary upset to my grandmother and her neighbour.
  • Canuck57
    Canuck57 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 20 August 2019 at 11:03AM
    Options
    Can I have an email address for {Edited by Forum team} please ?

Regards,
    {Edited by Forum team}
  • Ritab
    Options
    I have a Roman Garage door and never had any problems with it and nor have my 2 neighbours - for this reason I bought one for my daughter as a gift - unfortunately hers has had various problems now to the point it cannot be used at all not even manually. I feel responsible because it was a gift....... waiting to hopefully get it sorted.
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Ritab wrote: »
    I have a Roman Garage door and never had any problems with it and nor have my 2 neighbours - for this reason I bought one for my daughter as a gift - unfortunately hers has had various problems now to the point it cannot be used at all not even manually. I feel responsible because it was a gift....... waiting to hopefully get it sorted.

Strange you've not contacted the company ?..,
  • Ritab
    Options
    This happened late Friday night so will be contacting the company tomorrow - this is less than a year old so it should still be in original warranty
  • lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,649 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    This happened late Friday night so will be contacting the company tomorrow - this is less than a year old so it should still be in original warranty

Please keep us informed
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
  • Lizabeth21
    Options
    Don't hold your breath. Apparently helpful staff answering phones but no action. We've given up and are replacing with a different local company.
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options

So when the door had the first of the various problems, why didn't you contact the company .
  • Ritab
    Options
    Contacting company this morning so will let you know how i get one
  • Ritab
    Options
    We did contact the company and they replaced the motor - this is another problem- maybe i should of written the full history
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure