NST Joyful July

Comments

• Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,034 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    NSD yesterday. Might manage my target this month. Don't really need anything today so if I can keep C under control (ie away from chocolate) whilst we're out for a walk I might bag another one today. Beautiful day here so I think I'll go wash the bedding whilst I can get it dry outside.
    Have a lovely day.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    "Promise me you'll remember, 'You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, smarter than you think and more loved than you know'." AA Milne, Winnie the Pooh

apple muncher my grandma was a prolific reader. One of her friends asked if she would like some 'Saint' books as she had a boxful lying around. Grandma was very disappointed when they turned out to be little 'lives of the saints' books.

Toni'sfriend chocolate avoidance is always hard.

Crazycatlady glad you made it through, have a rest on the chaise longue (no longer needed as I can manage the naughty step now).

Lauralozzle £154 is a win, look at it positively.

f0xh0les sounds like you made the most of your days away. Is it Trentham monkey forest - I have plans to take DS2 there sometime. He is also monkey mad (he's been to Monkey World with friends from university). For his 21st I decorated the room with cardboard palm trees, stuffed toys from the charity shops and animal masks and jungle banners. His friends from the pub bought him a gorilla suit for dressing up and his uni friends went to 'bill da bare' and made a monkey with glasses, a guitar and an England rugby shirt.

x-raphael-x got to catch them all.

FBO love your strategy.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • lcc86
    lcc86 Posts: 2,338 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited 24 July 2017 at 5:39PM
    Today has been a struggle. Super tired and just not in 'work mode' AT ALL. May have found a qualification that I want to do at work, but it's a massive undertaking. It's energised me though, so that's positive. The only thing holding me back is the requirement for a student loan (sadly still haven't found a money tree :p). After battling to get out of debt for so long, I am VERY worried about getting back into it, even though student loans aren't your average debt. I've read Martin's guide to student loans to try and ease my mind lol.

Anyway, today will be a healthy day, I've eaten well and been for a walk this morning and one at lunchtime. Won't be a NSD, I bought a colleague/friend a bar of chocolate to celebrate her being accepted onto the above qualification, then thought I might as well buy my gym pass to avoid another spend day further down the line.
    Save £3,000 emergency fund #79 - £1,805 as of 04/24
  • Lauralozzle
    Lauralozzle Posts: 719 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Thank you mothernerd :) You're right, the extra money is a win and that is £154 that can go straight onto my credit card. The quicker that is paid for the better as I was so proud of myself for clearing it before. I know it's 0% so not the end of the world if I don't clear it before it ends but I'd rather just get it sorted and finished as soon as possible. I might not be impressed that I have seen £37 out of the £75 I earned but it's better than nothing. Ive agreed to work Saturday again this weekend, four hours is not do bad if I get it done early.

Today was not a NSD as we went food shopping. Today has not been one either as I grabbed some milk for work. I'm planning for the rest of the week to be though. I don't have enough to buy food out anyway so must concentrate on making lunches this week. Hopefully leftovers will be fruitful :)

Game of Thrones is back on tonight!!! :D
    February Grocery Budget: £190.75/£350.00
    NST no. NSD 4/15
  • PlaysNicely
    PlaysNicely Posts: 153 Forumite
    edited 24 July 2017 at 8:29PM
    :wave: Evening all!

Today's progress ...

1) No NSD as milk needed, very restrained tho, just milk bought! Still on 16/16
    2) Frugal food shopping: no additional spends.
    OH made lovely risotto tonight incorporating roast peppers and the leftover tomato and feta salad from yesterday, which was delicious warmed!
    3) Try to up my own income in some way (legally of course)! Achieved - have been offered some extra hours at end of month too, so very happy about that!
    4) My NST health goal: 10,000 steps a day (average to total 70,000 across a week)!
    Epic fail today, antihistamines are making me sooo tired, OH took dogs out so I've only managed about 3500 today, hoping to feel a bit better tomorrow, total so far this week 19,410 / 70,000.
    5) No FleaBay shopping for the whole month - was tempted to pop in there and look for certain item but distracted myself with work instead, so 23/31 achieved, 1 breadbin shaped glitch!
    6) Frugal focus: sourcing instead of spending:
    Work in progress ... glove puppy now needs minor details such as eyes and nose, am having dilemma as would look better with buttons but don't want baby to be able to pull them off or eat them, so may have to embroider and will therefore take a bit longer to finish (really want to be done by end of month tho).

Simple pleasures:
    :) Flowers blown down by wind in garden = fresh flowers to be enjoyed indoors!
    :) Being referred to as a "young thing" (Ok, so it was by my neighbour in his nineties, but still, cheered me up on a tired day)!
    :) Discovering free apps for my phone that I might actually find useful!

Hope everyone has a good evening & that you feel less tired tomorrow too lcc86. PNx

Wishing everyone well for the coming week, PN x
    £1000 Emergency fund challenge #236 - £ 5 / £332.05 + 365 day penny challenge - £ 18.15 / £667.95; 52 weeks challenge = £183 / £1,378;Frugal Living 2018 #42 <£11,500
    :p
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,708 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    I am grateful today for dd having a friend round all day, for shred #18, for some sewing, for easy meals, for getting some niggly paperwork done, for getting a blood test appt for tomorrow morning, for enjoyable reading, for time to go through my craft books to cull them, for a quiet evening with dd, for memories - a mixed bunch but containing plenty of happy ones.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • x_raphael_xx
    x_raphael_xx Posts: 4,319 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Game of Thrones is back on tonight!!! :D
    Woo!
    mothernerd wrote: »
    x-raphael-x got to catch them all.
    I'm 33 so it is a little sad, but keeps the dog walks interesting :D

YOU If you don't like it, change it. Weight & Fitness. Pigged out on Tuc buscuits tonight, got to have a day off everynow and then :p
    FRUGAL The Frugalwoods are having another Uber Frugal Month Challenge I'm currently on a decluttering mission. I want less 'stuff' in my life, and the stuff that stays needs to have meaning.

USE what you have. We thought we'd run out of risotto rice, and was going to substitute paella rice. Found a box at the back of the cupboard thou so all was saved.

LOOK after you. Tuc buscuit treats ;)

UNLESS you have a specific reason you should avoid takeaways etc All avoided.

YOU will aim for 16 NO Spend Days 17/20

JOY Find 3 things to be grateful for at the end of each day.
    1) Cheesey buscuits
    2) Tills balancing to the penny for the 2nd week in a row
    3) Game of Thrones!
    Debt Free as of 17/01/2009 Turtle Power!!

EF Challenger #3 £138.36 / £5000
    MFW 2024 #100 £00.00 / £10,000

MFiT #40 Jan 2025 Target - £99,999.00
    Mortgage at 30/09/22 £113,694.11 | Mortgage at 24/01/23 £110,707.87
    Mortgage at 21/04/23 £107,701.01 | Mortgage at 20/07/23 £106,979.65
    Mortgage at 04/10/23 £106,253.77 | Mortgage at 10/01/24 £105,324.57
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Talking about our problems is our greatest addiction. Break the Habit. talk about your joys
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,034 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Managed to avoid the chocolate so a NSD (just some YS chicken), Washing all done and dried. I'll iron when we came back from our walk. Need some bits for the boy's lunches.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • Lauralozzle
    Lauralozzle Posts: 719 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I have managed a NSD today which I'm pleased with so I'm now at 10/14. I think I'll make my target!

Instead of thinking about my long day at work I will focus on the positives - complaints training is going well, I've been told I will probably be signed off by Friday. I like the fact that I am making progress at work - I've had good feedback which always makes you feel better.

I have managed to not spend any money today - I've not ordered a coffee for 7 days (this is a big thing for me) and although I have no money until pay day we have enough in the house to last us.

We also have a fuddle at work tomorrow so I do not need to worry about making lunch. That saves time and food - I'm taking some crisps and popcorn to work to contribute that has been lying around the house so no need to buy anything for it which is a win!
    February Grocery Budget: £190.75/£350.00
    NST no. NSD 4/15
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family