Ryanair sits hen party in FIFTEEN separate rows as outrage over seating policy grows

Options

Comments

• richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I was clear in post #174
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • adindas
    adindas Posts: 6,819 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 2 July 2017 at 1:24PM
    Options
    BS safety argument for not sitting together will not stand and here is why:

- Safety is paramount and shall not be compromised. So if you genuinely think there is safety concern here, you will cancel your flight and book other airlines if the trip is important.

- Next time you fly if you are using RA you will make sure you either pay £2 per person for guaranteed seats or you book another airlines which will guarantee that you sit together.

- And again as Passenger safety is paramount if there is a safety concern for adult not sitting together people who concern about safety should bring their concern to watchdog, regulator. The watchdog, regulator will take it serious if they see any issue.

- The fact that this paying for guaranteed seats is already there since 2014 policy whether it is deliberate or not and this seating policy is still there tell everything. Moreover there are more major airlines apply this winning recipe.

RA might change their algorithm for seating to make it more difficult for people who refuse to pay £2 per seat for guaranteed seat but the policy of fee for guaranteed seat is there from the beginning. From 2014 I have seen a few couples have been separated since 2014 even before the algorithm for random seat allocation was introduced (if any) to make people pay for the guaranteed seats.

You do not pay you take your chance and you know it from the beginning. In the past while few people might not be as lucky as you and you might be lucky enough you did not pay but still get seat next to each other.
    But since you know that sitting next to each other is not guaranteed if you do not pay then you either pay for it or choose airlines which give you a guaranteed seat without the need to pay.

BS safety argument from people who refuse to pay additional £2 per seats for guaranteed seat will not stand. People could easily see that some people here are using BS safety argument where in fact all they are trying to do is to avoid £2 fee per seat and try to take people with them to maximize impact.

I think £2 per seat is too petty for people who genuinely concern about safety, I wish RA increased the fee to at least £50 similar to at least the fee for airport check in.
  • melanzana
    melanzana Posts: 3,953 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Penny pinching numpties.

Pay the £2 or shut up please. It is just so petty of those complaining when the solution is so inexpensive and simple.

Ryanair can run their business however they like within the Civil Aviation rules.

Take it or leave it.

I take it all the time. Pay for priority (bags guaranteed in the cabin), book seats, the works. So worth it. Ryanair goes to the places I want to go to.

I have no complaints about them. They do what it says on the tin.
  • richardw
    edited 2 July 2017 at 1:17PM
    Options
    ....but do you really think we need extra laws to achieve it? Do you not have an opinion on whether the obvious degraded safety that comes with the phenomena in your list is not already unlawful ?

Crystal clear clarity is needed and new legislation would bring it.

It's ludicrous that things only get better because people like Mrs Wallentin-Hermann, Mr Huzar and Mr Dove decide to stick up for what's right.

I also think aircraft that are based in the UK should be registered in the UK.
  • melanzana
    Options
    Which authority's rules are you referring to? UK CAA, Irish IAA, ICAO, EASA? There are rather a lot, and airlines are trusted citizens. It doesn't do for trusted citizens to start inventing too many rules outside the trusted norm, does it?

Black or white, with no spectrum of colour or variation unless introduced by "them" - is that it?

Not quite. The tin says they do random, and we know that ain't true. And the tin I've been buying for 15 years or more under their label says (just like any other trusted airline citizen) they will endeavour to sit travelling companions together, whether or not we found our own seats to start with or not.

Just pay the two lousy pounds and get a bit of perspective.
  • adindas
    adindas Posts: 6,819 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    melanzana wrote: »
    Just pay the two lousy pounds and get a bit of perspective.

Lol. I think £2 per seat is too petty for adults who genuinely concern about safety. I wish RA raising the fee to at least £50 per passenger similar to the fee for airport check in.

To me if safety is my main concern for not sitting together I will either cancel my flight, pay whatever it needs to remain safe or book another airline.

It makes me chuckle at the people who are arguing about safety bs but not concerned enough to pay the £2 per person in the first instance.
  • richardw
    Options
    .... surely don't want to be continuously legislating to the point that we are making further changes without even properly giving teeth to enforcement of laws we have adopted quite recently anyway...

There isn't currently an 'aircraft cabin passenger safety' act of parliament to update.
  • antenna
    antenna Posts: 1,776 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 2 July 2017 at 2:34PM
    Options
    £2 it is not.............you are wrong........here starts the lesson,prepare to be educated...........It is mainly 2 people or more that may want to sit together.......so for a return trip that is At Least £8.......so get it right or go away.
    melanzana take note........£60 for the hen party.
    Political?....I dont do Political....well,not much!
  • richardw
    edited 2 July 2017 at 2:42PM
    Options
    ... Isn't it simply inspector teams and enforcers that need beefing up, and not the laws themselves?

Nope, a clear Act of Parliament is required.

We should be thankful Ryanair haven't ordered the sardine configured A321 235 seat aircraft.
  • melanzana
    Options
    antenna wrote: »
    £2 it is not.............you are wrong........here starts the lesson,prepare to be educated...........It is mainly 2 people or more that may want to sit together.......so for a return trip that is At Least £8.......so get it right or go away.
    melanzana take note........£60 for the hen party.

But, but, but, each passenger is paying for themselves surely. So that's four quid each. Cost of a coffee and a bikkie. The hen party participants are individuals.

You could extrapolate that into the entire plane. That makes no sense I am sorry.

Anyway 8 quid is nothing compared to the amount of dosh that will be spent on food, drinks, entertainment, car hire, transfers, tours etc. at the destination surely.

Sounds ridiculously mean and petty to me. Just for the sake of having a rant.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure