Ryanair sits hen party in FIFTEEN separate rows as outrage over seating policy grows

Options

Comments

• richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Oh no! they're back!
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • Jonmenzies
    Jonmenzies Posts: 48 Forumite
    Options
    I am not keen on the posts that say pay £2 and pipe down. There are only limited seats at £2. If these sell out because everyone piped down and bought them. We are maybe facing having to purchase seats at very higher prices.
  • agarnett
    agarnett Posts: 1,301 Forumite
    edited 6 July 2017 at 8:08AM
    Options
    Yes how can the misleading two pound offer be lawful from the moment they have none left to sell? It's bait and switch from that point.

And I stood watching the previous flight disembark and wondered how they would ever achieve 90 seconds in an emergency with a fully representative test using a cabin stuffed full of baggage and the latest batches of crossed purposed Ryanair passengers.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,727 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    agarnett wrote: »
    Yes how can the misleading two pound offer be lawful betons the moment they have none left to sell? It's bait and switch from that point.
    If you don't think it's lawful, either report them to the airline regulating body or take them to court yourself.
  • hollie.weimeraner
    Options
    I can't believe this thread is still going.
    I have never flown with Ryanair and never will whilst they treat their customers like they do and have the policies they have, but that's because I choose to fly with other carriers.
    The simple solution to all those moaning about the service is to use other carriers but do they do this?
    Of course not because they want the cheapest option but expect the best service.
    Having said that I flew back from St Lucia with BA in March and I could really have a go about that!!:rotfl:
  • Murphy_The_Cat
    Murphy_The_Cat Posts: 20,967 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Jonmenzies wrote: »
    I am not keen on the posts that say pay £2 and pipe down. There are only limited seats at £2. If these sell out because everyone piped down and bought them. We are maybe facing having to purchase seats at very higher prices.

I was at a loose end for a couple of minutes, so I've been on the Ryanair website to book some dummy trips.

I did 6 seperate trips, from 6 different UK airports, to 6 different destinations, over the next 6 months in other words, as random a selection as possible.
    On each and every flight, rows 18-33 were bookable at £2 per seat and had plenty of availability.
    A Ryanair 373 has 189 seats to full, of these 189 seats, 96 (or over half) were bookable for £2.00

If you want to select your seat, pay your £2 at the same time you book your flights and Robert is indeed your mothers brother.

If you don't like what Ryanair offer, then use another airline that better suits your criteria.
  • richardw
    Options
    The government are too busy with the ATOL bill http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b08xh9zj/house-of-commons-03072017
  • agarnett
    agarnett Posts: 1,301 Forumite
    Options
    Bait and switch is unlawful pure and simple.

That you should imply otherwise is beyond me.

If an airline cannot demonstrate continuing airworthiness because it has not provided evidence that it's cabin baggage policy coupled with new seating allocation regime makes no difference to its obligation to be able to emergency evacuate in less than 90 seconds, then that would be unlawful.

If you deck out a 737 as a corporate executive aircraft with a few of the usual combustible niceties such as real walnut panelling, then the emergency evacuation requirement would I think be just 45 seconds despite many fewer passengers. Compare that if you will withe the likelihood of two or three hundred lithium batteries in a similar number of bags second bags combustible jackets and duty free goods in the same sized cabin.

These things are already obvious to regulators.

There is no evidence they have yet acted.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,727 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    Bait and switch is unlawful pure and simple.
    Then report Ryanair for breaking the law.

Do you have any links that substantiate your claim that Ryanair are using 'bait and switch' tactics?
    That you should imply otherwise is beyond me.
    You may have inferred that is what I implied but that is not the case.

You are the person who is bandying words such as 'unlawful'.
    I'm just a poster who doesn't blindly believe what some random on a public forum states.
    If an airline cannot demonstrate continuing airworthiness because it has not provided evidence that it's cabin baggage policy coupled with new seating allocation regime makes no difference to its obligation to be able to emergency evacuate in less than 90 seconds, then that would be unlawful.
    Please provide a link to this.
    These things are already obvious to regulators.
    How do you know that?
    Please provide a link.
    There is no evidence they have yet acted.
    Why do you think the regulators haven't yet acted?
  • richardw
    edited 6 July 2017 at 9:28AM
    Options
    I think pconfectioneragarnettforeverblowinbubbles needs to engage with the relevant people in authority and JUST GET ON WITH COMPLAINING TO THOSE WHO ARE RESPONSIBLE.

If they do they may well be the catalyst in stopping an accident that is waiting to happen.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure