PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

July 2017 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• Florence_J
    Florence_J Posts: 1,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    So hot today. We needed milk and bread and somehow a pack of chocolate ice creams jumped in my basket.

I tried so hard to stay in budget but we are now £1.45 over budget. Oh well, the ice creams were yum. Just got to make it to Thursday with no more spends.
    Debt Free Stage 1 - Completed 27/08/2020
    Debt Free Stage 2 - Completed 50/181 Payments
  • Doom_and_Gloom
    Doom_and_Gloom Posts: 4,695 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Spend of £3.99 today.
    Peppers and reduced hummus, dates and mango.
    OH got milk and reduced carrot batons.

£145.03/£155.
    £9.97 left.
    I am a vegan woman. My OH is a lovely omni guy :D
  • Doom_and_Gloom
    Doom_and_Gloom Posts: 4,695 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Spent £1.32 today.
    An orange, hand of bananas and diet lemonade.

£146.35/£155
    £8.65 left
    I am a vegan woman. My OH is a lovely omni guy :D
  • purpleybat
    purpleybat Posts: 477 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    nipped into coop on the way back from the dentist to get some milk for dad, £1.54!!!!! ouch!
    don't need anything tomorrow so am declaring my month's total spend to be £148.23. not sure how I've managed to keep it that low but very pleased I have, more money for birthday spends next month :D
  • Skintmama
    Skintmama Posts: 471 Forumite
    Options
    I am late updating my spends. £21.98 across Home Bargains and Lidl - think this was last Thursday or Friday. Signature updated already. Having herbs, potatoes and salad from the garden is helping to keep costs down.

We have had some chips and ice cream whilst out on a couple of seaside jaunts and also held a small barbecue party - these costs came out of the entertaining budget and amount to under £50 thankfully. Also, at least another £50 has gone on meals out for events to do with other people. :eek: How it all mounts up despite my being careful with the grocery shopping. Separating out the "Entertainment" costs has been such an eye opener, especially as I didn't really think that we ever spent much on this!

Well done to everyone taking part in the challenge :)
  • Suzywoozy8
    Options
    Lots of lessons learnt during my first month.
    Declaring at 397.81/400. Chuffed!
    I've tried my very hardest and it's worked!
    Here's to August!!
  • armchairexpert
    Options
    Ran out of coffee beans yesterday which was clearly an emergency, so now I have $182 for the final Saturday shop of the week. I could do that no problem, but I'm away and Mr E is doing it, and I very much doubt he's going to manage/try. I'll declare Monday once I know.
    MFW diary here. 1 Feb 2017 $229,371 - MFD Feb 2043 :eek: aiming for May 2028
    14 August 2017 - Refinanced: $220,000
    January 2019 $211,580 Current MFD 31 June 2036
  • GrowingPlants
    Options
    Another £16.82, that did include cider and reduced bits. Total now £61.44
  • YorksLass
    YorksLass Posts: 1,716 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Declaring now at £152.02 spent from budget of £160.00 (balance of £7.98 moving over to holiday pot :) ), with a total of 19 NSDs. Really pleased with this as it gives me encouragement to do as well next month.

"See" you all in August. :wave:
    Be kind to others and to yourself too.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Went Lidl and managed to come out spending 99p, which was a tub of houmous and a tin of kidney beans. I have updated sig.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure