PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

July 2017 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• zippychick
    zippychick Posts: 9,364 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    good luck folks!!!!
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men :cool:
    Norn Iron club member #380

• claireyfairy82
    Options
    Can you put me down for £250 this month from the 30th June until the 31st of July please.

This month includes a week away at my caravan, the only shop nearby is a keystore which I try to avoid as its really expensive its a 2 hour round trip including a ferry to the nearest supermarket so I'm hoping my excile from the shops saves me cash!!
    JAN - £208.56/£250 NSD-8
    FEB - £121.51/£200 NSD- 1
    Penny a day challenge #001: £200.79/£667.95
  • Cheapskate
    Cheapskate Posts: 1,757 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Afternoon all

Please can I go down for £350 for July? Got plenty of meat and fish in the freezer, plus dried and tinned pulses, so this should be a cheaper month than we've had so recently.

TIA

A xo
    Jan 2021 GC £11.70/£300
    2021 mission declutter& clean 53/2021
    Jan NSD 7/31
  • Florence_J
    Florence_J Posts: 1,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks to those who run the thread.

I am in, £250 for the month, beginning on the 27th.
    Debt Free Stage 1 - Completed 27/08/2020
    Debt Free Stage 2 - Completed 50/181 Payments
  • GrowingPlants
    Options
    Hello, I'd like to join in please. This month I'm going to start with £100 but hopefully it will turn out to be much less than that. I don't normally keep my receipts so I'm going to do that I find out how much it is I spend normally to work out if I can lower my spend.
  • MeandThe2
    MeandThe2 Posts: 98 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi,

Please could I join in for July? I will go with £250 I am not 100% sure if this is a realistic budget yet but I need to start somewhere!
  • Frugalwannabe
    Options
    Hello ��

It's been a while since I posted but I need to get refocused as there are too many trips to the shops going on again. Can you put me down for

£600 please

There's normally 5 of us for all meals but throughout July I also have 7 students so 13 in total! I'm not sure if that will be enough but I'm going to try my best to use bits up in the cupboards and to be as frugal as possible! I'm going to keep all receipts so will be able to have a perfect total......

My month will start 1-31st.

Wish me luck!

Thanks to all that organise this thread. I'm going to finish the year strong and start posting here regularly. Now I'm off to stock take ��
    Grocery challenge June £0/£500
    £1000 by December £0/£1000
  • Florence_J
    Florence_J Posts: 1,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    It's so hot that today I noticed my coconut oil had melted in its jar, I guess that will be on next month's shopping list.
    Debt Free Stage 1 - Completed 27/08/2020
    Debt Free Stage 2 - Completed 50/181 Payments
  • PennyGrabber
    PennyGrabber Posts: 1,288 Forumite
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

I'm in again, for £100. I'm still working on June atm, but I'm determined to reduce both my food bill and my food stockpile. August is always an expensive month, so June and July are practice runs!

I'll carry on in the June thread for now but will pop back now and then to keep up with this thread too.

Good luck all!
    PG x
    Grocery challenge for family of three - me, dd(12) and ds(11), feeding dp 2 or 3 x a week too. Only food, not toiletries. Jan £87.97/£100 Feb £0/£100
    Frugal 2018 needed! Saving and NOT spending
  • elsiepac
    elsiepac Posts: 2,561 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Florence_J wrote: »
    It's so hot that today I noticed my coconut oil had melted in its jar, I guess that will be on next month's shopping list.

Mine did too - absolutely liquid! Made it really awkward as I use it as make up remover/moisturiser in one!!
    Can you not put it in the fridge if you need it solid again?
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Old Style, Crafting and Techie Stuff boards.If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    GC: May 22 £tbc/£250 Vegan 27-8-13
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport