PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 29th May 2017

Options

Comments

• Duckydo
    Duckydo Posts: 100 Forumite
    Options
    Evening all,

Successful day here, managed to dust and hoover upstairs and clean the bathroom.

Looking forward to starting our 30 days wild tomorrow, going to start with a magnifying glass trail at one of our NT sites.
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,837 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Finished kitchen and dining room - this has the effect of making the whole house seem clean. Am n ow (YES NOW) sitting in the garden with a glass of Sauvignon Blanc on my new bench with my candles on sticks burning. DS offered to cook beef stroganoff (in my clean kitchen :eek: but was skilfully diverted into taking us out to Chiquitos.:p:p

Have decluttered old bench (broken) to neighbour for chimnea fuel,
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • lynnejk
    lynnejk Posts: 5,732 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Evening folks

Congrats to your DH FBO and hope you soon find something fingers xd

I have finished all the floor sucking and washed kitchen and bathroom floors.
    Monthly accounts done and dusted
    Balcony pots and boxes watered
    Kitchen all WUDUPA, sink and drainer shined, bleached drain and wiped down all bunkers and up-stands.

MAD today - cleaned out both micros and washed the internal plates. Gave the hob a good clean - now also shiny.

Hugs, gws vibes, sticks and spoons
    Hope you all have a super Thursday
    Lx
    £10day.2014=3213/2015=3421/2016=3238/2017=2702/2018=498..APR=12.03/300
    GrocC.2014=2162/2015=2083/2016=218/2017=1996/2018=450..APR=17.13/200
    Bulk buy.......APR=233.76
    GC.NSD..2015=216/2016=213/2017=229/2018=39..APR=03/15
    SPC130:staradminx61..2014=1178/2015=1287/2016=4616/2017=3843
    OS WL= -2/8 ......CC =00......Savings = £13,140
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,455 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Golly, this thread has suddenly taken off - must be the MAD half-hours!

I surprised myself by flying today:
    - S&S'd kitchen
    - ditto bathroom and ensuite
    - dusted all though, including as much of the study as possible, working round the books and papers :o Then DH hoovered downstairs (but the LR will need to be done again tomorrow because later the DGC brought in dry grass etc from the lawn on their bare feet as they ran in and out of the house)
    - spent my MAD half hour weeding and sweeping the block paving in the front garden. It looks so much better now :)
    - Took DGD1+2 out; we met up with DS2 and his family for lunch, a woodland trail and ice cream. DH sat in the shade and waited for us.
    Great fun was had by all :D
    - Made a large tea of delicious pulled pork, which had cooked itself while we were out. Everyone wolfed it down!
    - Fell asleep on the sofa this evening ;)

Tomorrow I have to drive DH to another hospital appointment - this one will have a bearing on whether the DVLA will allow him to drive again. Fingers crossed.

Glad to hear that some of the pressure is off, FBO. Congratulations to your DH on passing his finals.

I need to get up at 5.00 to do more work on my essay, and the plumber is coming at 8.00, so I must get to bed PDQ. See you all tomorrow.
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,054 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    OH sneaked the day off work to go to the interview.. he seems less keen on this than the crappy factory job he seems to really love.. he is a strange one this man of mine! But he finds out in a week if he has a position or not.

Dot got her new cast today.. it's too hot/heavy/fluffy/white/smells strange/has lumps/wet/leaves residue everywhere/ etc.. so on and so forth.. but her bones are in the right place so that's a good thing... 3 weeks this cast is supposed to last.. I seriously doubt it!

Twinkle is a limpet.. shocking!

Laundry caught up on.. and DW has done about 4 loads today.. I really can't deal with this level of mess! I have a big stinking rabid flea bitten BD with ticks and mange!! Anyone want to shoot it for me??

gratz and happies and fluffy bunnies to all .. and pinches, punches and white rabbits for 1st of the month..

June, the month of opticians, dentist, and the start of serious Christmas shopping.. DD3's prom, Twinkle is 1 (on Tuesday) little tiny baby Fabian and Samuel turn 5.. how fast has that gone?

I REALLY need to start looking at lists again and doing something.. I might need to crack a deal with the baby too though.. I need her to sleep so I can tidy and clean.. she is happy to sleep... on me!! Her new tricks are turning off the Xbox to make the others scream and getting on her knees to drag everything on top of herself.. including my laptop off the table!!

I've lost all my summer shoes.. if I knew where I'd lost them they wouldn't be lost right? My clothes don't fit.. I need a proper trauma to stop me eating for a few months again.

Fathers Day.. that is the other thing.. what do I get OH??? I haven't a clue.
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,863 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning

Lunch salad made for work
    Daily stuff done

Catch you all tonight
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Morning!

I'm being lazy, in bed reading about politics (let's not go there, eh?) and making the most of having some peace! Will get up for coffee soon.

I'm back on the MAD this morning too, so I can get it all put away. Also need to put the pressure washer away. Did I say my garden looks lovely ;)

Got an appointment later then gymnastics and football so will pack up some tea for us all. Picnic on the footy field methinks.

Will clean bathroom floors too, better get up then!
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,912 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning! Pinch punch and all that jazz.
    Good news about your DH, FBO. Fingers and everything crossed for your DH, Ionafan. Glad you enjoyed the film, LW, as DD wants me to go and see it with her and I wasn't keen.

We had a long, good family day out yesterday. Trains worked perfectly, so the journey there and back couldn't have been better. When it all works, it's great, isn't it. Theatre tickets were fab, and people sitting either side of us were really nice. All shattered last night, as it was a 12 hour day out. Hence, I have just had breakfast. How glad am I that I delayed DD's dentist appointment from first thing this morning until late afternoon?! Although that it is a bit of a pita, as it takes out the day, but better than than a grumpy teenager at 8am ;)

WM just finished. I will give the kitchen a quick wipe down, shut the dining room door as it has become (another one of) my room of doom, then get to the living room. The vacuum cleaner needs to make an outing today, as I think it may well be covered in cobwebs through lack of use...

MAD time will be later this afternoon, hopefully back out in the front garden again, ignoring the paperwork. Am jealous of Bossy's garden progress :D

Catch you later.
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Fayolle it's still got weeds :D but yes progress definitely, it looks like summer out there!

Well, after my lazy start I've been productive! I finished organising the papers I need to keep, they are all filed in a little concertina box, and I believe that is everything, all in one place! I got rid of loads of stuff for lapsed and closed things and have a fair pile to get rid of, but need to pull out any sensitive bits for the chiminea to eat, lol.

Also fed WM and DW, cleared kitchen counters and wiped down.

My floors are grim! I will pick up my homework and get the vac out, I think!
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,837 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    DW emptied, WM emptied and hung out. Washing up done.
    Appointment made for haircut.
    Fat chewed with Mum.
    Off out for lunch with a friend.
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family